Thread: Trenchers = WIN

RC Competitor

Cool Trenchers = WIN

I just replaced my Alias standard tires with Pro-Line Trenchers.

Just in the quick little block up and down in front of my townhome... holy! are these things amazing. What would normally cause me to skid out my Rusty stayed glued to the pavement.

I can't wait to try them on the main area I got them for. Bashing at my local park with some sand, grass, dirt, etc.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-17-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Language

RC Qualifier
    yea i like mine to. for off road driveing thats not on a track there def a big jump up from stock size. only thing i dont like is that they rub in the front when i make a turn and hit any bumps that compress the shocks. not a big deal at all as my rusty is def not a shelf queen lol. the duck tape holding the back of the body togather will clue any one in to that fact lol. i think next time im going to try out the badlanders just for something deffernt and to compair them. But yea your going to be happy with them once you run them in grass, much better than stock. night and day better imho. just watch your motor and esc temps. useing the taller tires like trenchers is just like gearing up.

RC Competitor
    Yeah. I don't care about the basher body I have. I also have a pro trac kit and big bores waiting to be installed.

I am running the stock gearing. I probably should drop it down a bit. It's a warm day but my motor (VXL) was up to 190 just from running up and down the street.

RC Qualifier
    yea 190 is from every thing iv been told and read is a bit to high, traxxas says 200max and most every one else says 170 to 180 max. personaly "and im no expert" i would try and keep temps below 170ish just to play it safe. those motors are not cheap lol. off roading i have to run a stock spurr and an 18t pinion in the summer were i live for a 2c 5000mah lipo. with those tires and the 18t pinion i still hit 160ish on hot summer days, 97 to 105f dagrees ambient temps. i want to get a alum tranny so bad but every time a save up 30 or 40 bucks i end up haveing to spend it on something else like drive shafts,tires,bearings ect ect lol. now im waiting to see how well liked that new proline tranny is and how well it handles heat before i jump on a alum tranny case. And your motor temps are prob going to get even worse when u start bashing on grass. mine def heats up faster on grass even with the larger trenchres.

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericon View Post
    Yeah. I don't care about the basher body I have. I also have a pro trac kit and big bores waiting to be installed.

I am running the stock gearing. I DEFINITELY!!! should drop it down a bit. It's a warm day but my motor (VXL) was up to 190 just from running up and down the street.
    I edited your previous post to make it more realistic. I hope you see my point. lol
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Champion
    Yeah I wouldn't run stock VXL gearing for ANY type of bashing. . .But that's just IMO. I run 19/86 on 3s battery with whatever tire I want and alum tranny case and esc fan never see above 130-140 on both. And speeds up to 34mph NP. Plenty fast for bashing and what not. Throw in the 28t pinion and street tires for some stupid speed for a short time cuz that makes it hot fast.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*