RC Racer

New Slice B3 Is Coming Out!

Chuck from chuckworksrc.com is now Updating his website for the Slice B3 non mid motor chassis! Right now he is is working on posting the pics, make sure to check it out at
    http://chuckworksrc.com/Slice_B3.php

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy!

Here is a pic of it mounted on the Slash!

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...B3/sliceB3.jpg
    Last edited by kennymonsta; 06-17-2012 at 04:25 PM.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I wonder how much chassis twist thats gonna have? My A3 has a good bit with 2 huge thick tvp's down the center, and side to side alum braces, and this has nothing like that. One thing I can tell you is that the chassis material is very very durable the way the a3 is put together, and that rear shock tower mounting system will be extremely solid. The big problem with a mid engine conversion is getting a strong rear shock tower mount, and my mid engine version is the strongest rear tower mount(and stiffest) I have ever seen or could have imagined was possible, mid or rear engine. This rear eng setup should be even stronger and stiffer
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I wonder how much chassis twist thats gonna have? My A3 has a good bit with 2 huge thick tvp's down the center, and side to side alum braces, and this has nothing like that. One thing I can tell you is that the chassis material is very very durable the way the a3 is put together, and that rear shock tower mounting system will be extremely solid. The big problem with a mid engine conversion is getting a strong rear shock tower mount, and my mid engine version is the strongest rear tower mount(and stiffest) I have ever seen or could have imagined was possible, mid or rear engine. This rear eng setup should be even stronger and stiffer
    Yeah it should be, I heard its just like the Slice A4 but rear motor mount instead of mid so you can get more traction on your rear tires

Yeah, I have not raced the a3 on dirt, but have bashed it, and do notice that from a dead stop, and using light throttle, it is very hard to keep it straight on loose surfaces. It could be the open diff I am running also. If I go full throttle, it spins the meat, but launches dead straight. On carpet it has great traction everywhere at any throttle input, but on loose tracks, the rear eng b series will prob be a better option...

Dont know how the a4 does, but on a tight high traction track, my a3 keeps up and even surpasses the race trucks and better drivers at times...
    Last edited by rag6; 06-17-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Mid engine setups are design for very high traction surface.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    Mid engine setups are design for very high traction surface.
    Yeah so you don't skid out or not get any speed at all because they cant get any traction and just spin out

RC Competitor
    Over all which do you recomend for racing, medium track and med tracksion? MID or REAR?
    Brustler
    Slash
    E-Maxx
    1/16 E-Revo

RC Racer
    personally i would recommend rear because i like to have more traction for off road and on road

I can say that after getting used to tuning steering out instead of racking my brain on how to find more steering, I am happy I went with the mid engine.

RC Champion
    I don't think I would call that motor 'mid' in that chassis. It is likely closer to the axles than it being hanging out over the back, traction from weight and traction from 'weight transfer' are two different things

RC Racer
    Yeah! pictures are out!

RC Qualifier
    do they come with the battery straps
    EMAXX 1480kv 6s
    RUSTLER 2150KV 4S

RC Racer
    Yeah or im not sure but battery straps are pretty cheap