Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Finally got it running! With Question

I finally got my XO-1 running! All I can saw is woah! This thing really is insane! I hit 72mph and haven't even passed half throttle yet!

Anyway one question I have is, I am having a lot of noise coming from the car. It sounds like it's coming from the body. However, I can't seem to find anywhere it might be rubbing. It's pretty loud and is like a bang... bang... noise. Any ideas?

Also, has anyone figured out how to tighten up the front end? The wheels wobble a bit when turing. I can't imagine how much they wobble at high speed.
    XO-1, E-Revo Dual 700-HO's, Slash 4x4, AX-10

RC Qualifier
    Do you have a video of it with it making that sound? Is yours the 4th of July edition? lol
    XO-1+Wind=(XO-1+Curb)x2=Me-XO-1=Me+Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Might be worth adding.... I ran it without the body and the noise went away. Probably a "duh" but at least I know its coming from the body.

RC Qualifier
    No I don't have a video, yet. Haha very funny and I wouldn't be surprised if someone strapped firework to one of these!

RC Qualifier
    Are the rear tire fenders catching on the tires?
    XO-1+Wind=(XO-1+Curb)x2=Me-XO-1=Me+Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    its probabaly the body hoppin up against the side splitters making that clicking noise
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Solution: Buy some velcro strips, use the fuzzy soft strip for this. On the bottom of the channels where the body tucks into, you want to run the soft velcro strip in the channel (use tire glue or super glue to keep it on so it dosen't come off) so the chatter goes away. Get those sticky rings that go around the round portion of the body posts to eliminate the upper portion of noise as well.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene C View Post
    Solution: Buy some velcro strips, use the fuzzy soft strip for this. On the bottom of the channels where the body tucks into, you want to run the soft velcro strip in the channel (use tire glue or super glue to keep it on so it dosen't come off) so the chatter goes away. Get those sticky rings that go around the round portion of the body posts to eliminate the upper portion of noise as well.
    Thanks that helped a lot!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene C View Post
    Get those sticky rings that go around the round portion of the body posts to eliminate the upper portion of noise as well.
    Hi Gene, what do you mean exactly? I dont understand that: " sticky rings..."??

Thanks!

RC poster
    I think what Gene is referring to here are self-adhesive body post pads that can be purchased from just about any rc shop. You can also just pop off the plastic pads where the body sits on the posts, clean them real good with some alcohol, motor spray, or some sort of degreaser to ensure they are clean and free of grease, pull the protective backing off of a piece of the same soft-side of the velcro Gene referred to, stick the top side of the plastic pads to the velcro, burnish the edges real good, then carefully trim the center hole and outside edges and pop them back on. That is what I did along with lining the back (or inside) of the channel where the body sits with the same Velcro. Before placing the Velcro to the back (inside) of my channels, I stuck 3 small pieces of electrical tape (stacked on top of each other) between the velcro and channel to shim the Velcro towards the outside of the channel slightly to make the body fit a little more snug at each end of the channel. The tape pieces are small enough that they do not interfere with the Velcro itself sticking all the way around the tape pieces and to the channel. The bottom side of my channel has a bead of ultra-black rtv (room temperature vulcanizing) silicone to dampen the body where you and Gene have the Velcro. I have also used the rtv in various other places to reduce nvh (noise, vibration, and harshness). As long as the surfaces you are applying it to are clean and free of grease, and you can let it set for 24-48 hrs. to cure it works pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by lcaa View Post
    Hi Gene, what do you mean exactly? I dont understand that: " sticky rings..."??

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Cool! Glad i could help.