RC Champion

Thumbs up So I'm gonna try road racing...

Gonna try some on-road racing tomorrow with the XO-1. Did a little testing in my street. Hard on the gas then hard on the brakes, turn around and repeat. Did this for about 10-15 minutes. I was only using 4S and could tell they were losing power. Motor temp was ~130F. XL2 ESC temp was ~120F. Not bad. I do have a CC blower on the motor and the XL2 has a good size fan. I actually have some wear on my tires now lol. I'll let y'all know how it goes tomorrow. I'll try to get some video.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    Where can u race your xo1? I wish there were somewhere around here to do this.

RC poster
    Are you doing left-hand turns, right hand turns, or both?
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Gonna try some on-road racing tomorrow with the XO-1. Did a little testing in my street. Hard on the gas then hard on the brakes, turn around and repeat. Did this for about 10-15 minutes. I was only using 4S and could tell they were losing power. Motor temp was ~130F. XL2 ESC temp was ~120F. Not bad. I do have a CC blower on the motor and the XL2 has a good size fan. I actually have some wear on my tires now lol. I'll let y'all know how it goes tomorrow. I'll try to get some video.

RC Champion
    My local indoor track is gonna hold the race outside in a section of the parking lot.

I'm assuming it will be left and right turns. Supposed to be a road coarse.
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    Go get em !!!!!!!!! Good luck !!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 NUT View Post
    Go get em !!!!!!!!! Good luck !!!
    Thanks man. We'll see what happens.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    your gonna love it , just remember keep your finger on the throttle going around the turns , as soon as you let off throttle the car will wipe out lol
    for some reason my car hates right hand turns and gives out so easy but left hand sweeps will take a turn full throttle and not give out
    if the lot is clean with no debris and is flat as possible , lower it as much as itll go without bottoming out , turn the steering down as much as possible but enough to make a hairpin turn lol
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Champion
    Well road racing was fun. No actual races just running laps. Coarse was a little small for the XO-1 but fun regardless. Ran on 4S. Pretty much just drifted the turns and could only pull about 1/2 throttle on the straight. I finally got some wear on the tires. They looked brand new up until Saturday. Too much shelf time. lol
    Jeremy