Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Hey Nitro, I too got the same exact gearing. Question, how were u able to make it fit? My adjustment hole (on the bottom) doesnt go back far enough, so im guessing one has to expand it with a dremel. What did u do?

If you are talking about this hole. Yeah I couldn't fit the screw in. But I'm not sure it matters too much because if I try to move the motor around it doesn't budge at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroelectric View Post
    Can u show me a picture of this?
    http://m62.photobucket.com/albumview....html?newest=1

RC Qualifier
    What I'm saying is the slipper needs to not move in order for it to tighten. I can't hold the slipper for it to tighten. Thanks

uh.. sorry for this, i didn't got your point then.

What im talkin about..

This is where it needs to sit. The motor shaft BARELY has enough room

Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

If you are talking about this hole. Yeah I couldn't fit the screw in. But I'm not sure it matters too much because if I try to move the motor around it doesn't budge at all.
    Im not to fond of having the motor held by just one screw with ALL that power. Its got ALOT of torque, and I see a disaster happening in this scenario. BUT.... after I wrote u, and was uploading pics, I saw this.... as seen in my pic, there is that hole inside where the motor shaft is. I put a screw there, and it worked. Two screws clamping.... Tried moving the motor, and still not going anywhere. However I am still not happy with it, and I am gonna get a cardite dremel bit, to expand the hole. Dont want a catastophy to happen and the motor going flying off.

RC Qualifier
    Your talking about this hole right?

And also I got that bottom screw in but the gears are very (lemme put it this way) TIGHT. As in I can just about get them together. Does it matter if they are very tight together. Will this cause stripping or something? AbSoLooT1, I think you need to dremel it out because of the gears you are using. You have a 1:1 34:34, while I'm running 30:34. So I guess I have a little more room.

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys here's my new body.

WooW !!! how did put that monster logo ? is it a decale ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert JATO View Post
    WooW !!! how did put that monster logo ? is it a decale ?
    Yea it's just a decal haha. But it looks so awesome!!

RC Qualifier
    Ever figure out the gyro? I have the same one installed.... How is your dials set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    E-maxx 3903
    GraveDigger BL power
    Slash CC SCT

Ooo Nitro, NICe body... Looks SICK!

But hey, I did it! It took like an 1 and a half, and it was likean inch to grind away, Wierd, my hole was way farther than in ur pic. But makes since, since ur using 30. It looked like a 34... Ud only have to grind alittle bit. Would take ya like 15 minutes tops., and cost ya 11 bucks for the bit. Anyways, Here is the finished product....

The bit I used

They had a 9903 that was bigger, This one was the right size....

And ya, That was the hole I was talking about... I might do this, Than it has protection from going forwards or backwards, cuz right where I gotta mount, the bottom slide hole goes back to, and this would help it sliding forward at all. Doesnt look as clean though, except for it being coveredby the gear of course. Pain in the tail, but well worth it to make sure nothing bad happens to the motor.

Im happy to have this done, and it nice and secure however.

But this is your thread... Ur Rusty looks FANTASTIC! Would love to see some more pics of the inside done, and all .. With some green inside... WOOOO Buddy... Lookin GREAT! one of the top Rustys for sure.!!!!

What I'm saying is the slipper needs to not move in order for it to tighten. I can't hold the slipper for it to tighten. Thanks
    U know, I found that what lug nut u use, makes all the difference in the world. After trying more than 8 differnt types/brands. the losi ones flowthe smoothest, and u dont need to do more than put a finger on the slipper instead of havin to stop the axles from moving... Once I figured that out, I put em on all my vehicles. Its the black one on my slipper in the pic.. Its a Losi 4mm Flanged Lock nut.

Any suggestions on tightening the slipper? I tried with pliers but it wouldn't budge one bit. I'm confused... It seems too loose because when on the throttle it slips a lot.
    Also, Make sure to have ur tires on, and bolted, than take the Traxxas wrench, and u can tighten it that way, in the mean time. But ul need to do it with the wheels and tires on. If it still doesnt work, its ur lock nut, and u gotta change it... But m99% of em will work with the wheels on, and a finger on the spur while u tighten it.

RC Qualifier
    Okay thanks. I didn't have the wheels on so that probably was the problem. Thanks and I'll go try and do it now

RC Qualifier
    Nice to see that your project is going forward. Nice body as well, not too "uncommon" eith the monster sticker, but still pretty nice.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    Nice to see that your project is going forward. Nice body as well, not too "uncommon" eith the monster sticker, but still pretty nice.
    Thanks yea I'm Just about done except for some slight gearing modifications. I'll be posting pics and vids of my first run. Will most likely be on 3s then 4s then 6s. Takin in slow first to get the hang of it. I never had a rustler before let alone one with a mamba monster lol.

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys I got my gears together but want to ask if they look okay.

Should they be closer?
    Also it makes a LOT of noise. The clinking of metal I'm guessing is why. Is it normal for metal gears to be reallyyyy loud? Thanks in advance

RC Champion
    Mesh looks about right. Maybe a tiny bit tighter but I think it's good where it's at.

RC Qualifier
    Okay good thanks because it can't go any tighter without leaving one motor mount screw off. YAY

RC poster
    Sorry but are those tires good for the street? Are they foam? I am new to this RC stuff
    I have a problem with blowing tires apart.
    I will start a new thread
    Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 70cobrascj View Post
    Sorry but are those tires good for the street? Are they foam? I am new to this RC stuff
    I have a problem with blowing tires apart.
    I will start a new thread
    Thanks
    Yes they are foam. They are very good for a stock rustler vxl and for speed runs. I'm not so sure how they will be at 90+ mph but I'm sure I will soon find out. There have been great reviews about them for the stock rusty on 3s and lower. And welcome to RC btw! It's a great hobby and I'm sure you will love it! Most traxxas guys on here are very welcoming!

RC poster
    Thanks!
    Doesn't Jaco offer different foam compounds? If so which would be best for asphalt?

RC Qualifier
    You should have the 2030 or 2030LP in front (purple) in front, and the 2050 or 2050LP (pink) in the rear. Rear compound is a little bit softer.

RC Qualifier
    I have the 2040LP in the rear same compound (pink) they just don't have the cover in the middle. They are exactly the same.

RC Qualifier
    Found a real nice parking lot in the local train station where I can do some speed runs. Im gonna wait till the weekend to do that when there are little to no cars in the lot. It's a realllllyyy long stretch of asphalt/concrete so I'm very happy. I'Il be taking a vid (or someone else will) and I'll post it on this thread if anyone wants to see. Thanks

Happy for you Nitroelectric can't wait to see some thrilling speed runs.
    btw, what is your radio model? real long signals in needed at long roads.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you Desert Jato. I have a question regarding my gyro. When my rusty turns on, connected to a 3s lipo the wheels rattle/shake back and forth. I'm wondering why this is? Any thoughts? Thanks

i really have no idea about this since i didn't use a gyro before .
    it could be a radio glitch maybe ? i'm not sure. try putting in a glitch eleminator and check although it could be no easy to hook it if there's no empty channel on your radio.

RC Qualifier
    The glitch went away lol. I turned it on and the wheels were not moving at all so that's good.
    Last edited by Nitroelectric; 08-14-2012 at 11:20 AM.

RC Qualifier
    May not be the prettiest job but who cares. I had to remove part of the side because my 3s batteries' wires come out the side
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 08-14-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Language

RC Qualifier
    Well, the gyro could be shaking because the sensitivity is to high, which isnt good at high speeds. That is if you can change the sensitivity. Anyways nice job. I also removed my battery wall because my 3s was pretty tall.

RC Qualifier
    Okay thanks I'll try and figure out how to adjust the sensitivity. I might be going for a speed run on Saturday

RC Qualifier
    Okay good.

RC poster
    HEY IM LOOKING TO BUILD A RUSTLER WITH 2000KV SETUP I KNO YOU NEED THE ALUMINUM TRANS CASE WHAT DO you use for trans parts in side also what kinda clutch do you need to run any help would be awesome thanks

RC Qualifier
    I just put in the stock gears from the original tranny case. Works perfectly. You don't need to touch the clutch just go with 30/34 gearing or 34/34 gearing. Around that area is perfect speed run gearing.

RC poster
    ok thanks so stock rustler trans parts sweet thanks alot also say i don't wanna do speed runs always maybe a lil bashing / speed what gear do you think would be good thanks

RC poster
    you a arms look so long are these longer or something looks awesome let me know thanks

RC Qualifier
    Haha thanks and the a-arms are just the regular RPM a-arms. And I'm not sure about a good bash/speed gearing setup since most people with this 2200kv setup don't wanna do bashing. Maybe like 24/34 or something like that. In my opinion, I would stick with/get the Velineon for bash/speed. The mamba monster is already way too powerful for a little Rusty and bashing might not be such a good idea. But people say that using this motor in general is a horrible idea so if you wanna bash be my guest. You should start a thread or post some pics of your build as well. I'd love to see it!

RC poster
    thanks ya i have vxl setup on a rustler not fast enough but still want to do 2200kv setup i love speed lol haha but ya for sure ill thread and put pics up soon. do you know if people like the two 3 cells or 1 6 cell better jw haven't thought about that part yet,,