Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitroelectric View Post
    Thanks a lot man! Yea I got mine up near 65 so 50+ is a definite. How's your build doing btw? Glad to hear about others doing this setup.

Mamba monster rustler 2200kv
    Traxxas slash brushless
    it going ok i lowered it with fuel line add a gyro my question is how good are xo-1 tires do they have good grip
    EMAXX 1480kv 6s
    RUSTLER 2150KV 4S

Quote Originally Posted by momort View Post
    it going ok i lowered it with fuel line add a gyro my question is how good are xo-1 tires do they have good grip
    You can read the answer here
    Small tip: You can edit your last post and add information to prevent adding an extra post every time. Just reads a bit more easy
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by momort View Post
    where do you guys get the weights from. also how do the xo-1 tires do for speed runs i heard they didnt work well on rustlers do to lack of downforce in the rear
    I got mine off eBay. They are 1/2 oz tire weights. Search them up, they are pretty cheap. If you search "tire weights" in eBay, the 4th one is the one I got.

I'm not sure about the xo-1 wheels, but if you worried about the quality and wear, I highly doubt they are bad. They are used on the xo-1 which goes 100 mph, so I'm assuming they'd be a great addition.

Traxxas slash brushless

RC Qualifier
    Major modification here guys!!! Actually no...just cleaned up some of the wires.

And AbSoLoot1, I think I'm going to keep my bumper because I designed the setup and stuff and I like the way it looks, but I have one question for you. How low is your bumper to the ground? Like in cm? Thanks because I feel like mines too low, but not too sure. I'm debating on whether or not I should change it.

Traxxas slash brushless

RC Qualifier
    nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer3.3 View Post
    nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks bud!!!

Traxxas slash brushless

RC Qualifier
    I might be dying my chassis. But I also want to dye my wheels. Is it okay to submerge foam tires in boiling water with dye? I don't want to ruin the compound of the foam itself, so I'm just a little worried. I thought I was going to test it this weekend, but because of hurricane sandy I don't think getting into Brooklyn is going to happen. They even cancelled the marathon! Well anyway I'll do it next weekend. Ughhhh. Can't wait till I can drive....

Traxxas slash brushless

RC Qualifier
    Used braided line to cover most of the wiring. Thank you so much djmaincheese for this idea!! I love the way it came out.

Traxxas slash brushless

RC Qualifier
    Latest mod which is something that has bothered me for a very long time. The on/off switch! I used a mount from my drift car, drilled 2 holes in the chassis and simply mounted it on. Here's some pics:

Traxxas slash brushless

RC Qualifier
    that build is looking nicer by the minute i think im going a different route with my build im going back to 540 size motor but a 4 pole 2200kv on 3s mod 1 24/36 gearing that should be good for 60mph thats good enough for me for the space i have to run my monster motor is going back in my emaxx but keep us posted on your build
    EMAXX 1480kv 6s
    RUSTLER 2150KV 4S

RC Qualifier
    Thanks a lot man I appreciate it. I keep on trying to plan a time to go test it on 6s (you know not being able to drive and all) and was going to go last Sunday but the place is closed due to hurricane sandy. Ughh I hate you Sandy!!!!

Traxxas slash brushless

RC Qualifier
    It's official guys. Saturday is the day....Sorry work and school has reallyyyyy gotten in the way for the past like month. I am sick and tired of looking at it. So now it will hit the asphalt on 6-cells...on Saturday.

RC poster
    When you installed the 32t spur gear do you install a revo slipper clutch to make it work or do you use the stock clutch from the vxl? I'm building a 2200kv rustler to

RC Qualifier
    I used. The stock
    EMAXX 1480kv 6s
    RUSTLER 2150KV 4S

RC Qualifier
    No I used the stock one.

Oh, i love the way u mounted that switch. Def should list the brand, and part number on that if you would.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    It's off of my old redcat racing drift car; the Lightning EP Drift. The part # is R-03008. Here's a link to it - http://www.redcatracing.com/03008

Glad you like it!

RC poster
    Cool prb one of the gears is broke or it needs grease

RC Qualifier
    Looking for straight up speed? Try a 36/28. I ran a 36/34, the pinion was off an HPI Flux, on my full FLM Rusty Conversion, with a MMP 1415, 2400kv, juiced with a Maxamps 4S, 6500, 150C. Gunned it @ 97.8. Could've dropped in my Maxamps 5S, but the Rusty is somewhat challenging to control at speeds of 100+. Also, I'm running an FLM main diff with the FLM tranny case. I've weighted the crap out of the front, slighty forward of the front shock tower. The only time I had any clogging issues was when I ran a straight 36/36 setup. However, the Rusty ran like a possesed beast. But the motor heats up wicked fast. Good luck with your project mate.

Cheers!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumreality View Post
    Looking for straight up speed? Try a 36/28. I ran a 36/34, the pinion was off an HPI Flux, on my full FLM Rusty Conversion, with a MMP 1415, 2400kv, juiced with a Maxamps 4S, 6500, 150C. Gunned it @ 97.8. Could've dropped in my Maxamps 5S, but the Rusty is somewhat challenging to control at speeds of 100+. Also, I'm running an FLM main diff with the FLM tranny case. I've weighted the crap out of the front, slighty forward of the front shock tower. The only time I had any clogging issues was when I ran a straight 36/36 setup. However, the Rusty ran like a possesed beast. But the motor heats up wicked fast. Good luck with your project mate.

Cheers!!!
    I'm really interested in seeing a video of a full FLM rusty running 97mph with the 2400kv motor on 4s.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    I'm really interested in seeing a video of a full FLM rusty running 97mph with the 2400kv motor on 4s.
    Did this ever happen?

RC poster
    I have been eyeballing this one.. Asked for a quote on the price. It doesn't have the extended chassis though
    And I don't need the Velineon off course.. Can you even mount an XL2 or a monster in this one?

RC Enthusiast
    Any updates?