RC poster

tyres/wheel 17mm perfect fit for slash 4x4

hi all,
    i'm about to upgrade my slash 4x4 to 17mm hex wheels... i think i'll go with the aka racing kit (i have the mip cvd, and i know that mip sells a 17mm kit that suits their mips... is it also ok ?)... i'd like to ask what pre-mounted wheels are OK to fit, no offset problems, for the slash 4x4... so far, i've thought about the duratrax lookup buggy 1/8 c2 for mud/grass/general bushings, and the duratrax shotgun 1/8 buggy c2 for sand tracks... can someone confirm that they're ok ? also, i'm looking (always pre-mounted) for on-road,asphalt wheels, but so far i haven't been able to locate anything... can some suggest me ? (in general, what "shore" range is ok for the stock slash ?
    Last edited by fabtrx68; 06-16-2012 at 09:21 AM.

RC Champion
    If you are after general bashing 17mm tire's I would look on ebay at the suprasales tire's and wheel combo's. You can get a set of 4 for under 30.00. They are great long lasting basher tire's. There is alot of talk of people running 17mm adapter'swith MIP's and breaking them, I'd go with the MIP adapter's as well.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    i have proline 17mm adapater wit a MIP drive line....no problem here....i got proline split six n proline knuckles m2...great tires

RC Champion
    I use hole shots from the losi 8 wheels, work very well.

Also have trencher SC tires on 17mm rims work excellent with extra power

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Champion
    People say to use the MIP adapters with the MIP driveshafts, beacuase someone on here had bad luck with the AKA adapters, but if it happens to them, it may not happen to you.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    I have MIPs and AKA adapters and I have no real problems.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    People say to use the MIP adapters with the MIP driveshafts, beacuase someone on here had bad luck with the AKA adapters, but if it happens to them, it may not happen to you.
    I've read more than one post on this too - MOST people don't seem to have any problems with this set up, however, frequently, on the rare occasions a MIP fails the user often reports the were using either Traxxas or AKA adaptors, and recommend using MIP ones instead. Not read anywhere of an MIP/MIP combo failing but I stand to be corrected ;0)
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted