Thread: Rear shocks

RC Qualifier

Rear shocks

I recently bought an extra set of shocks for quick replacements while at the track. I wanted to have a set on hand with different shock oil weight. While I was prepping the new shocks I started thinking about using rears in the front and the back. So I have a pair of rears in the front with 55wt and a set in the back with 45 wt. The fronts are in the inner most hole or first position on the shock tower and widest or last position on the arms

the rears are on the 2nd position on the shock tower and 2nd to last hole on the arm.

The only modification I had to make was to use the adjustable RPM body mount on the front to prevent the front tires from rubbing the body. I have only tested it in a parking garage but they seem to be very sturdy while cornering and less throttle roll. I gonna try them on the track this weekend but before I do . . .Has anyone tried using four rear shocks?
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

There are a few here who have done that so I hope someone chimes in. What fan is that on your motor? I have used the Traxxas, Castle and Integy. That is a completely different fan. How does it work for you?
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    There are a few here who have done that so I hope someone chimes in. What fan is that on your motor? I have used the Traxxas, Castle and Integy. That is a completely different fan. How does it work for you?
    Its a hot racing fan http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...MH550TE01;c=72

It fits and keeps the temps down but I think the integy on my stampede is more powerful.
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    I have been running ultimate rear big bores on the front for 6 or so months now. My front end doesnt bottow out as much. About to steal my losi scte shocks and see how they do.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Sierravmax..I'm gonna test it out tomorrow at the track
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    i have been running rears in front for a while with no complaints. i dont know why traxxas didnt do this in the first place. the truck really performs better after making the change, it seems faster because the wheels stay on the ground more. i put losi springs all around and got rid of the stock towers and put on 2 rear aluminun towers from strc, they need a simpe mod to keep the tie rod off your springs. stick with stock a arms because rpm arms flex way too much and dont allow the shocks to do the work. people dont realize that a slash with rpm arms will bottom out more than a slash with stock arms.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashandBurn View Post
    i have been running rears in front for a while with no complaints. i dont know why traxxas didnt do this in the first place. the truck really performs better after making the change, it seems faster because the wheels stay on the ground more. i put losi springs all around and got rid of the stock towers and put on 2 rear aluminun towers from strc, they need a simpe mod to keep the tie rod off your springs. stick with stock a arms because rpm arms flex way too much and dont allow the shocks to do the work. people dont realize that a slash with rpm arms will bottom out more than a slash with stock arms.
    I was able to really dial into the track with this set-up. It was definitely faster and the front end didn't bottom out. I might try softer front springs next week
    2x SSC SL4x4

Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    Its a hot racing fan http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...MH550TE01;c=72

It fits and keeps the temps down but I think the integy on my stampede is more powerful.
    Thank you! So it seems like the Integy does better? I have an Integy setup that works well. I'm always looking for something that works better. Thank you for your honesty
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM