RC Enthusiast

Sv2 sidewinder in stock ken block 2s?

Hi it is me again if I get the sv2 with stock gearing will I have heat issues with 2s if so could you suggest the pinion and spur I need. Thanks just trying learn a little I'm not having much luck with searching forum for answers. I have telemetry on the motor for heat/volt so I can program it to alarm me if the motor gets to hot. Then would I be better off buying the castle 1406 4600kv as far as heat issues. I want it to be fast but run cool as I can. I have the motor mount, plate and gear cover for 1/10 motor set up so please educate an ignorant guy.
    Thanks in advance I know y'all get tired of people like me who knows nothing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Anything can have heat issues... you will have to gear what ever you get accordingly.

What is your target speed?
    This will help us point you in the right direction....
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    I have a Sidewinder SCT ESC (essentially an SV2) and I'm geard 55 for spur and 18 pinion with stock 380 brushless motor. I did add a fan to the motor and it gets slightly warm in my MERV but the ESC is usually not much over room temp. It's a bit more stout than the stock ESC but if you upgrade that, the next thing you'll have heat issues with is the motor. So, I'd recommend getting a fan for it.

RC Racer
    i just put a sv2 in my rally . its geared at 23/55 with the stock esc and vxl it just got above room temp so i would not expect much more from this set up
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/281683941894234/

RC Racer
    got to race last night with the sv2 mounted in the battery compartment

it came off of the track at 110 degrees
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/281683941894234/