Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mugs' embe

RC Qualifier
    Well here is latest round of minor mods to my truck.

Firstly have gone single Savox steering servo. Quicker response and more torque.

Decided to add an ESC Extension Piece thereby making it easy to Use Field Programmer and change settings on the fly depending on what surface I am driving/bashing on!

Found a "novel" way to prevent rear Aluminium Skid Plate from continually bending inwards on hard rear landings. May not look the prettiest, but what started out as a temporary solution has actually worked very well. Go figure!

Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Racer
    Lookin good

Have you had the chance to check the accuracy of the racetemp product? Just curious, I might just have to buy one.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokenparts View Post
    Lookin good

Have you had the chance to check the accuracy of the racetemp product? Just curious, I might just have to buy one.
    Have checked against a Temp Gun we use at work. +/- 1 degree which is good enough accuracy I would say.

Yeah man...glad the cork is working out...sweat idea . You are going to have to stock up on champagne now .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Yeah man...glad the cork is working out...sweat idea . You are going to have to stock up on champagne now .
    LOL. Really was surprised by how successful the cork has been. Even better than the piece of metal tube I tried previously. Just goes to show that sometimes the simplest solution works out the best hey.

RC Qualifier
    Found some footage of the testing I did pre & post fitting RPM arms to my truck. When you see the Green Maximiser Rims that is with RPM Arms on. It is nothing hectic, just some typical minor bashing.

This thread is how I like them : nice pics, details, explanations, reviews, part ref, vids...

Great job

What a sweet video you got their mate...you have some wicked air control .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Finally got around to finishing my Truck's Body. Here it is along with my recently acquired Slash. Go Team Monster Energy

˄˄˄...looking awesome mate...That RP Stinger body looks great on the eMaxx; looks similar to an eRevo now.... The purple came out nice on the slash.

I found this...thought it would be good to post here...the Summit, eMaxx, eRevo and the slash.That was a great day bashing .

& here Ciarán caught wrenching in the act...the next RC enthusiast .
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 11-21-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    So this is what happens when your back wheels clip the fence you are trying to clear. Of course this was still on the warm up so had not got the video camera involved yet. Decided to call it a day after this as did not want to risk the internals on another attempt without the body on.

At least the Temps are still fine LOL.

Check out MITCH316 ERBE REBUILD Thread for the caught on camera version of what I attempted.

RC Enthusiast
    I just watched your new video on youtube ! pretty sweet

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by e-marc View Post
    I just watched your new video on youtube ! pretty sweet
    Thanks. Here is the latest vid in question of some launch ramp bashing. Nothing too crazy. Just a note though, still running my original stock chassis, no issues.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks like fun! Should put one jump on the other and get some more air!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Looks like fun! Should put one jump on the other and get some more air!
    Yeah it was. Already making plans to get more Air from the Ramps. Problem with only having 1 though is getting it lined up as the Maxx & Revo are not much narrower than a single ramp and when you barreling towards it on 6s it makes it very tricky to line up on only one ramp, hence the use of 2 side by side.

Watch this space though

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I know that that goes! I knew why you had two

Here you go bro...some pics from you bashing. That RJ Stinger body looks good.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Nice one, Thanks. Next time Higher, Faster, Further

Hey mate...came across this, an old skool bash video we made sometime back last year .

Last edited by craig.mitch316; 01-10-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    ^^^. Thanks. Forgot about that Vid. That was when I had just switched from ALL Aluminium set-up to the RPM Arms & Tru Tracs. Made the truck handle differently off the ramps. Compared to the latest Vid we did (Post #52 above) I can see the difference in my Air Control now that I am used to the RPM arms.

Hey mate...good bash session this weekend even tho it was a nice 36°C at 9am here. You got some good big and clean 40 footers...a few good back flips too .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Hey mate...good bash session this weekend even tho it was a nice 36°C at 9am here. You got some good big and clean 40 footers...a few good back flips too .
    Yeah, the Jumping was good, just the heat that made it interesting. Had to keep a hawk eye on those motor temps .

The Maxx is still about 10 feet down on your "bloody" Revo though. I Might have to revisit the gearing to give myself some more speed to keep up

That one jump of yours was massive, reckon with different Tires you will again hit up the 60foot mark. Should try film it next time too

RC Qualifier
    Found this oldish unposted vid going through my stuff last night. Who knew Road Rages could be so much fun on dry grass

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice bashing there!

Hey, I forgot about that video...AWESOME grass park bashing bro!!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    So my motor started making a "weird" noise the other day and after some investigation it appeared that the noise was emanating from the rear motor bearing. So instead of replacing the motor I decided to go the motor rebuild route.

Had heard that it was tricky to replace the back motor bearing and when I posted a separate thread about this there was not too much in the way of useful replies so I thought I would document the process here for others future reference.

Step 1: Disconnect Motor and Remove Front Face Plate:-

Step 2: Remove Shaft from Motor Can using your hand. Be sure to get a good grip as the Can will be trying to pull the Shaft back in.

Step 3: To remove the back bearing, simply take a Flat Head Screwdriver of appropriate width to fit inside the Bearing Hole, but NOT all the way throught it and push from the back outside end of the Motor Can. The bearing should just pop out.

Step 4: Reassembly the new back bearing from the rebuild kit again using the flat head screwdriver method. Make sure that you properly insert the bearing all the way in.

Step 5: Re-insert the new Motor Shaft from Rebuild kit. Be careful as again this gets "sucked" in to the Can with some gusto due to the magnets. Remember to put the spacers in their correct positions, long spacer on back end and short spacer on front end.

Step 6: Bolt Front Motor Cover on again and your rebuilt motor is ready to go.

Will give the Re-built motor a run this weekend and report back on its performance.

great write up!!! excellent pics there. Thats pretty much what i did to my motors but with a hole punch but i did use a screw driver but not like you did good idea there. When my motor needs new bearings i think i am going to get ceramics if i can find them perhaps. Please do post back on the performance when you run it. glad it worked so far good.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a set of orange seal ceramics ready to go now that my maxx will be down I might pull the motors out and replace them
    Good tip!

How is the new rebuilt motor working out??...It was screaming the other day when you tested it...NICE .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Got an itchy trigger finger waiting to test it out. Have not had chance yet with the wild weather and all the rain and water everywhere. Now if it was a Spartan I could have tested it twice over already LOL.

Waiting to see as well. What size bearings are on that motor?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The screwdriver trick wouldn't work on mine so I had to make this
    I got it out though. Orange seal ceramics in my revo and e maxx and yellow seal in my merv's neu
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-30-2013 at 01:10 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    Waiting to see as well. What size bearings are on that motor?
    I believe they are Oversize ABEC-1 5x16x5's. I am not able to confirm this though as I just replaced mine with what came in the motor rebuild kit.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    The screwdriver trick wouldn't work on mine so I had to make this
    I got it out though. Orange seal ceramics in my revo and e maxx and yellow seal in my merv's neu
    Nice one and nice ingenuity

Also nice to see that my RaceTemp Motor Thermometer idea has caught on and has come full circle back into my thread on someone else's build.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yep! any other good ideas you have are welcome!

RC Qualifier
    So finally got around to testing the refurbed motor. Nothing major, just doing some back flips which I thought would be a quick, easy and representative test for it. All seems good and it sounds again like it did when I first got it. The Noise I had is gone, so must I guess have been the rear motor bearing.

RC Champion
    Hey mugs, Nice backflips. Thats awsome mate!

nice vid there, glad to hear that the motor bearings are working out good.

Nice one mate ...I forgot about that.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice flips! That's good news mugs

RC Qualifier
    So decided it was time to retire my faithful stock chassis that has taken more than its fair share of knocks and tumbles. Besides, I have big plans for it (watch this space)!

Here is my Emaxx with its new Rit Dyed Black Chassis. Still planning to dye the stock grey Spur Gear Covers Black too, just waiting on the Dye. Think it is coming out nicely even if I may say so myself