Thread: TQI No Throttle

RC poster

TQI No Throttle

Please don't flame me for asking, I've scoured the forums for days trying to figure this thing out.

I have 2 TQI transmitters, one with a dock, one without.

Was using the original with the dock and all was well, then it stopped moving and after a few seconds went full throttle and unresponsive.

Linked my second tx that had no dock and all was well so I installed my dock on it and it still worked. Put the iPod on and it told me I needed to upgrade the firmware so I did so. Its now doing the same thing, steering works, but no throttle.

Does anyone know how to do a hard reset on these? I saw someone had talked to traxxas and they knew how yo do a deep reset but they wouldn't post them here.

I've already done the reset outlined in the manual.

Any insight would be appreciated.

RC Champion
    When it surges forward full and then doesn't respond that sounds like a bad servo or something - happened to be the case for me a few times.

Try hooking it up with only the ESC connected to the receiver. If that doesn't do it, then plug a servo in to the throttle channel, and see if the servo moves when you pull the trigger, if it DOES then the problem isn't receiving the throttle, it's whatever is controlling it - ESC.

RC poster
    Its a Slash VXL so if the ESC is disconnected the receiver won't have any power.

RC Champion
    Plug the esc in to a different channel - channel 1, 3, 4, 5 whatever you have available =) It doesn't matter which one it's in.

RC poster
    Turned out to not be the radio...which is good, but I wasted so much time trying to straighten it out!

The 3 wires from the ESC that plug into the receiver apparently have a short! Which explains why I couldn't get it to calibrate and why it just when haywire sometimes.

Thanks for the input everyone!

RC Champion
    Good news, well as far as figuring it out. *cheers