RC Qualifier

Which slash to get?

My birthday is coming up and im looking to get a new slash, my price range is 200-300, I think i might get the new rob mcharen edition with the tqi radio and the titan 12t xl5 2WD version. Its 245 at my LHS, i have a rustler vxl already and i run it at my track pretty decently. Will this handle better than my rustler? thanks in advance guys!!
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Qualifier
    The rustler is faster, the slash with Titan motor is in my opinion worth every penny but you'll eventually want to put the velineon motor on it. I did. If u have lipos you will wear that Titan motor out soon. Save up and get the vxl . This is my opinion and you should really put thought into it. What will you do? When is your birthday keep posted , tell us what u bought.
    Traxxas Slash 2wd and Thunder Tiger Tomahawk Vx

RC Qualifier
    The TQi brushed one really is a good deal. It's essentially got everything the VXL does except the motor/esc, which compared to the XL-5 models of the other 1/10 scales is really good. It has bearings, steel adjustable camber links, and the little fiberglass tiebar in the front. I actually picked up one of those for my nephew and its pretty great. With a 2s lipo the Titan motor really comes alive, just make sure you break it in properly and keep it cleaned out and lubricate the bushings at each end. To break in, the easy way is just put the thing up on a coffee can or something and hold it at half throttle for a few packs, or do easy circles in a parking lot, main thing is to NOT go wide open until its broke in. After breakin in, take it out, spray it out with some Magnum Force electric parts cleaner (from the LHS, not the cleaner you get at auto store that will screw things up), blow it out with air compressor, and lube the ends. That's it, then you're good to go. I broke it in for my nephew and they NEVER clean it, the darn thing had grass in the motor and ran brown for like 10 seconds when I sprayed it out, and it is still running strong. It's a great deal, and you can always go brushless later. And if you don't care about waterproof, you can just get an ESC/Motor combo from Hobbypartz for like $70.
    P2de VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Yeah or trade in your Titan and esc for e velineon vxl3s set for 135 dollars . That's what I did.

RC Qualifier
    My birthday is june 17th and i know im going to get at least 250, i think the vxl is 360 right? If i have enough i might just buy the brushless slash 2wd... But if not which tires should i run on the brushed one, i run my trucks at my local clay track.

RC Champion
    that new dodge body is pretty sweet so i would get that but i got mine used. just about any proline race tire will be 100 times better for your clay track than the tires that come on it.

RC Qualifier
    Handling depends on were you are running, the rustler handles good when it comes to bashing. Tower members price is $315 shipped right now on the slash. People like Proline Trencher over all. Not sure on clay though.
    Last edited by No One; 06-10-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4 Monster Mutt

RC Qualifier
    It depends on the type of person you are. If you like to work on stuff the cheeper option is getting the base slash and buying a vxl setup up directly from your hobby shop. Trade up is also an option to save 20 dollars more. I love my pro line trenchers fo bashing and my gladiators for the track.the best question is if you have a 2wd truck already whyhy not just get a slash 4x 4to change things up.
    Last edited by geeves; 06-10-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: i talk too much

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the input, but like i said my price range is 200-300 and i think the 4X4 is 500, But yea i think ill go with the Rob Mccarhen edition and ill throw some pro line caliber m3's on front and back and ill be all good to go!! Ill post some pics wen i get everything!

RC Qualifier
    I like the slash handling more than the rustler.

RC Qualifier
    I REALLY like the slash handling compared to the rustler. Don't even bother going brushed, brushless is easier and so much more fun, you will also spend more buying a brushed first and putting a brushless system in it later.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    But as i said i will only have 200-300 bucks... For now the brushed should do the trick right?

RC Competitor
    You said you already got a rusty VXL right, be patient and save up the rest and get a slash 4x4 platinum. It's only about $140 more over your budget and you should already have a 2.4ghz with the rusty VXL, so then add another reciever and your good to go! Thats what I would...just sayin!! Had to add that you just get so much more in the platinum edition for what you pay. Read the specs and price the option it comes with and you'll see. It's hard I know but be patient...lol!
    Last edited by majikmike_69; 06-12-2012 at 09:41 AM.

RC Competitor
    For $100-150 you can pick up a roller off ebay, and then add the motor system of your choice and still stay within your budget.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ***chuck View Post
    For $100-150 you can pick up a roller off ebay, and then add the motor system of your choice and still stay within your budget.

Ding ding ding winner winner the only way to build a new truck to your standards.

RC Qualifier
    WOW, i just noticed that the 4x4 is only 389.99 at my hobby shop, im thinking about getting it, is it worth it?

RC Qualifier
    Well guys today is my bday and i got about 300 today, im hoping for another 100 dollar check in the mail tomorrow, if so then i will be going to get the slash 4x4 tomorrow!!!! im so excited!! ill let you all know which one i end up getting!!

RC Qualifier
    4x4 ... Happy birthday.

RC Qualifier
    Should i get the platinum one?

RC Qualifier
    Yeah if u can afford it sure. That'll be exciting.

RC Qualifier
    WELL GUYS I WENT TO THE LHS TODAY AND PICKED UP A.......................... SLASH 4X4 !!!!!! I GOT THE YELLOW ONE, JERRY SOMETHING!!! but for some reason it makes a clicking sound? and the light on my tqi blinks red??? Is this normal?

http://s1078.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSCN3742.mp4

RC Qualifier
    Okay we liked you and all but you got to start posting on the 4x4 forum, lol. 4x4's are fast under the right driver, good luck in the track.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by vchirinos View Post
    Okay we liked you and all but you got to start posting on the 4x4 forum, lol. 4x4's are fast under the right driver, good luck in the track.
    Shoot well okay, see ya later guys :/ lol