RC Enthusiast

2s lipos breaking stuff

OK whats going on here i thought i was safe with a stock truck running 2s lipos so far ive broken both rear cvds twice . replaced them them first time with stock traxxas because i figured the old ones took alot of abuse from the previous owner so figured i was ok. Just installed the new set about 2 hours ago along with a new front hub axle drive shaft witch for some ungodly reason when you buy the traxxas replacment its plastic and that snap right after my rear vcd went and all power went to the front wheels. Also rear cdvs took out both 1 read shock bent it like a Mcdonalds arch

Granted its maybe $30 in parts but dam do lipos have some power Im going back to nimh batterys
    Last edited by t3chy0888; 06-10-2012 at 06:26 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Is your slipper set properly? That would cause breakage. Or it could just be the way you drive.

RC Enthusiast
    yes everything is set properly had my lhs look it over when we put the new parts on only thing i can think of is the 2s lipos with jconcepts tires added to much torque for the traxxas stocks cvds to handle

RC Racer
    Are you jumping? Jumping and landing under throttle shreds stock axles.

I've been running 2s with JC Concepts G Loc tires for months now and am still on my stock drive shafts and they look as good as the day I got the car. Something is amiss like the slipper is too tight or you are landing jumps on throttle or something, the shafts should not go that fast.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    I was doing streat run up and down my block for a bit then doing some wheelies in the drive way and before i was done i wanted to run through my back yard so i started on the deck its ground height and started into my lawn grass is a lil tall but nithing major got in about 15 feet and the truck just stopped moving and all i coulde see is the front 2 wheels trying to get some traction just spinning in place

RC Qualifier
    T The slipper really needs to be set for the highest traction surface you will run on, especially with plastic shafts. Grass presents a much higher load on the drivetrain than pavement. Your slipper is most likely too tight for grass. You should hear a high pitch whine for about 6 feet when taking off starting in the grass . It will take some trial and error. Start with one full turn out on the slipper and then tighten an 1/8 of a turn or so until set properly.