View Poll Results: Who likes my thread LOL :-)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 75.00%
  • NO

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by minirevobasher View Post
    I think it would be pretty hard to BEND a aluminum knuckle with a pivot ball trying to pop out. I have herd even integy ones don't pop out or bend. I have seen bent FLM shock towers though thats why i got rpm and its not going to brake. Get 2 aluminum knuckles for the front and the RPM true track in the rear. I got my true track for $35 shipped on amazon.
    humm then i have it wrong then with the knuckles. i like the price of rpm for 10.00 not bad compared to spending 45.00 i would rather buy a few rpm and replace or upgrade stuff that bends because of rpm. i seen the true track what benefit do you get?
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    humm then i have it wrong then with the knuckles. i like the price of rpm for 10.00 not bad compared to spending 45.00 i would rather buy a few rpm and replace or upgrade stuff that bends because of rpm. i seen the true track what benefit do you get?
    No rear toe links. On the 2nd jump ever with my maxx i broke a rear one. I got my aluminum knuckles for $35 shipped STRC
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

are they holding up ok? i'll be sticking with stock toe links and things like that.

RC Champion
    are they holding up ok? i'll be sticking with stock toe links and things like that.
    Is what holding up ok?
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

Is what holding up ok?
    the alum knuckles? any play in them?

RC Champion
    the alum knuckles? any play in them?
    Not that i notice. I haven't been able to run my maxx for almost a month now; waiting for motors to get back from traxxas. They are on there snug though! I had to put the allen wrench threw the axle pin hole on the axle to pull the axle out.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

those look good, do they come in black? when my stock a arm break i'll get rpm's black no color this time. ive seen alot of different color rpm stuff like red,green,blue,black,yellow,orange,purple,white, just need to see brown now come where's the brown at...
    man i cant wait to get atleast 1 truck going this week. i have to find a open spot for this and my nitro pede. looks like i'll be heading to the open field at my shopping center sometime this week.

RC Champion
    those look good, do they come in black? when my stock a arm break i'll get rpm's black no color this time. ive seen alot of different color rpm stuff like red,green,blue,black,yellow,orange,purple,white, just need to see brown now come where's the brown at...
    man i cant wait to get atleast 1 truck going this week. i have to find a open spot for this and my nitro pede. looks like i'll be heading to the open field at my shopping center sometime this week.
    I don't know about black, i know they come in silver though. Wheres the brown at
    I feel the same. I HOPEfully will have both my trucks ending by thursday. I really need to start checking temps! Electronics are too expensive!
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    mike, got any latest pics or running vid of your rig. and did you figure out how to put that wheelie bar?
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

I don't know about black, i know they come in silver though. Wheres the brown at
    I feel the same. I HOPEfully will have both my trucks ending by thursday. I really need to start checking temps! Electronics are too expensive!
    same here i need to start checking temps as well. havent been able to get over to harbor frieght lately across town like really like across. silver knuckles are fine too.

Humaray- havent put the wheelie bar on, wife told me to tape the box up once i got it to go in reverse and havent opened or looked at the emaxx since, itching to open it though because she keeps telling me its my birthday next month your getting presents are you excited and man i tell you its hard waiting to play with a new rc. i'll be taking the wheelie bar with me on vacation and install up there.
    how does it go on so i know.
    i'l have my laptop so i'll be copying and pasting alot of stuff before i go so i know what to do if something breaks or needs fixing as i wont have Internet access only driod wife's phone and she's on it all the time talking to friends but i'll be on once in while for those 3 weeks maybe shorter.

RC Champion
    same here i need to start checking temps as well. havent been able to get over to harbor frieght lately across town like really like across. silver knuckles are fine too.

Humaray- havent put the wheelie bar on, wife told me to tape the box up once i got it to go in reverse and havent opened or looked at the emaxx since, itching to open it though because she keeps telling me its my birthday next month your getting presents are you excited and man i tell you its hard waiting to play with a new rc. i'll be taking the wheelie bar with me on vacation and install up there.
    how does it go on so i know.
    i'l have my laptop so i'll be copying and pasting alot of stuff before i go so i know what to do if something breaks or needs fixing as i wont have Internet access only driod wife's phone and she's on it all the time talking to friends but i'll be on once in while for those 3 weeks maybe shorter.
    LOL that must suck she is teasing you!
    Did you get that traxxas wheelie bar? It is really easy to install.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

Did you get that traxxas wheelie bar? It is really easy to install.
    a good friend of him gave him a aluminum wheelie bar.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    a good friend of him gave him a aluminum wheelie bar.
    Oh i see....
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

got my stuff in today will be putting in my hobby bx to take with me to use on vacation/get away from city/work. its all of those 3-1 haha.

diff oil will be for both emaxx and merv and straps for the emaxx. havent checked size yet out of package too tired from work. want to be lazy the rest of the day now.

RC Qualifier
    Mike,
    What is the ring and pinion for?

humay,
    Were you the good friend ?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    Mike,
    What is the ring and pinion for?

humay,
    Were you the good friend ?
    Ring and pinion are for his MERV
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

well yes, it is me LD

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    well yes, it is me LD
    Lol i thought you were kidding so i didn't ask lol
    What is it what brand
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    Those MERV's do eat diffs. I bought a MERV when they first came out and they sent me two .

That's COOL humay

RC Champion
    Those MERV's do eat diffs. I bought a MERV when they first came out and they sent me two .

That's COOL humay
    Was the 2nd one free!?!?!
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

Lol i thought you were kidding so i didn't ask lol
    What is it what brand
    hahaha, it was integy, i dont have any maxx's so i gave it to him alongvwith some other nitro stuff.

my merv dont have that problem yet but its start to show some leakage, i think my seals are worn out. also my servo is broken again, yeah broken and this is my second one too, bummer.

That's COOL humay

RC Qualifier
    Was the 2nd one free!?!?!
    Yep! When I got the box I said that's a Big one. Pulled one MERV out and then another........YAHOO!!! Best deal I've had in a long time. I've done 1,000's of dollars worth of business with the company so I figured it was a small kickback .

Your lucky humay. Traxxas replaced the first one but we've been through several. Only run 2s on dirt and I've shimmed everyone that I've replaced. They just have Butt Loads of power for their size.

well tested my velcro straps and they are going to hold up real good for the lipos. i have to remember to stick the dermel in with my clothes somewhere, my hobby tackle box is about to bust with so much stuff i'm putting there, i got 5 spur gears, 2 pinions, ring/pinion, and charger along with so much other stuff.

That merv diff got me mad a little while ago all way going good then i decided maybe i should change the ring when i went to take the tiny screws out off the diff cover 2 were stripped already. i have never touched the darn thing before and when i do i find 2 screws stripped. now i have to pick up a seal set and some how get those screws out without damaging nothing.
    calling traxxas in the morning for sure about that.

Yup Humaray- was the good friend that sent the wheelie bar to me along with alot of other parts i needed and parts that i have triples for now that i know i wont run out of for a long time.

Darn cpu is running slow downloading and installing update right now. cant do anything when that is going on.

Yep! When I got the box I said that's a Big one. Pulled one MERV out and then another........YAHOO!!! Best deal I've had in a long time. I've done 1,000's of dollars worth of business with the company so I figured it was a small kickback .

Your lucky humay. Traxxas replaced the first one but we've been through several. Only run 2s on dirt and I've shimmed everyone that I've replaced. They just have Butt Loads of power for their size.
    You LD- before i went jumping my merv is was running real smooth then all of sudden it started having clicking, servo trying to go out on me, rear knuckles get way wobbly now replace 1 and put it upside down like an air head. i notice when i was putting my diff back together i did what a jump would do and seen how the diff was without the rear skid on and looks to me like it seperates a slight bit enough to cause it to strip a little and start clicking away like tap shoes. just like mine started to having i tried to run it again.

RC Qualifier
    I know what your saying Mike.
    When Traxxas sent a new ring and pinion I talked them into sending me the upgraded rear bulkhead #7029X. It has a through bolt that helps keep the bulks together as you found out. I now have #7029X (rear) and #7030X (front) bulkheads on both trucks but they still blow diffs .

I got part #7033X pivot ball caps. A little pricey but now I can adjust the balls where the old versions couldn't be adjusted and would get loose. Great upgrade.

Is the screw head stripped or the threads on your MERV diff?

the head is stripped on the diff screw. i cant believe that when i go to fix it its stripped. i didnt get the diff housing i used the old one an put 3 shims on holds ok but not too sure i want to run it still but if i finish stripping the ring guess its ok i'll call traxxas in the morning before running it to see what they can do for me. i'm assuming it came from them like that as i have nt touched since i bought it new. i like those pivot ball caps but like you said pricey. i got the rpm's in front and work great so far even during that jumping i did got a slight loose is all but will tighen up to make up for it.

will get rpm knuckles if i can for the emaxx when the time comes or just stick with stock not sure depends on cash flow at the time. bulks i might either go with rpm too or stock no alum i decided.
    i also want to get the Revo stock rims with proline x wide trenchers when my tires give out.

RC Champion
    I dont think rpm makes bulks. Get ya an easy out for the stripped screws. The 1.5mm screws are notorious for stripping. Had 2 strip 2 days ago. I use the smallest easy out I could find at home depot, works good. Make sure your tools arent rounded too. Summit geode wheels have a good offset. Hope all goes well on ur trip!
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Champion
    Summit geode wheels have a great off set and look awesome!

Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

Summit geode wheels have a great off set and look awesome!

yup thats what i am going for wish they would have came like that but ooh well dont want to buy the rims just yet but if i get a gift card again this year from our friends here for lhs then i might just pick those up if i have enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J View Post
    I dont think rpm makes bulks. Get ya an easy out for the stripped screws. The 1.5mm screws are notorious for stripping. Had 2 strip 2 days ago. I use the smallest easy out I could find at home depot, works good. Make sure your tools arent rounded too. Summit geode wheels have a good offset. Hope all goes well on ur trip!
    the tool i was using was brand new just got a new set from crafstmans under warranty. this thing was stripped from the factory i assume because i never touched the thing before since ive had it. guess i have to buy a new screw/seal set because traxxas said they would not cover it, that its normal wear and tear on that and it rubs against the housing and can cause the screws to become like that i've never heard of that before thats for sure. thing wasnt scratched at all when i took it out. now i need to either make another order for that part i need which i have the ring gear and pinion sitting there and diff oil i wanted to use in there. I still shimmed it and worked great under 2s power so i'll be ok. i ended up putting 3 shims and worked good.
    Thanks Dr.J i hope so too. my mother in law go 4 kittens to help keep the mice problem down in the mountains since its so dry up there its becoming a problem she said but she has 2 dogs also and when she put the dogs on the chains tied to a tire the kitten got close to them which the dogs dont like any other animal they kill it on site and the kitten tried to run she said but 1 dog got a hold of it which is sad she said it happened in front of her not a site you want to see. I bring this up because same thing can happen to my emaxx/merv/nitro pede if i were to let them out while i am playing and that wouldnt be a site to see thats for sure. TIME OUT for the dogs if that happened.
    This vacation is suppose to be a job more less to watch the dogs and cats and house while my mother in law goes to Germany to visit family over there we get paid and all gas to get there and back home plus there is like no one around for like 5acres and even then you still dont see them with all the trees.

RC Champion
    Sounds fun. That would NOT be a cool sight to see.....
    If one of those things got hold of your rc.............that would suckk.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

Hey minirevo you need to clear some room in your PM box. over packed.

ok i didnt want to start a new thread so i will continue this one i mde since its about my emaxx.

What did you guys use to make the holes to use velcro straps those of you who have used them? i'm thinking a dremel maybe with cutting wheel then something to make the cut wider to slide the strap through but need some advice please. thanks

both companies has nice things out, hobbywing i think has a little more to offer than ********* though in the end. so many different things i could get from hobbywing. i can fit my hobbywing sc8 to my merv w/stock motor i think without having to change connectors but i could be wrong. the sc8 esc is just like the MMP but at a fraction of the cost and works good. that esc might be going in my merv just like my emaxx has 1 instead of the MMP for 125.
    still waiting to drive my emaxx more less open the box on Aug. 5th. cant wait.

Still havent gotton anyone response on what to use to make cutouts for velcro straps on the emaxx chassis? any ideas anyone.

4 days left till i can run my embe. finally i'll be posting vids in this thread for everyone if i get youtube working right if i can log in my own account which i would like to i'll post it from my wifes account and then switch them when i get back home to my own account and repost them up again since vids will be taken off her's but not until like the 20th of next month though so until then enjoy the vids everyone on or after Aug 5th.

Well I ran my emaxx Sunday ran fine after some adjustments to punch, braking. I have to fix why it keeps moving forward after letting off throttle. I ram first 2s then ran 4s and man is it fast. Gearing will be some later on. I have pics but no vids yet that i can post up yet sinve there on my phone. Lots of vids will be posted up when i get home. Signal here is bad to ypload.

well back home now but its 247am here so maybe tomorrow i'll get to upload now. got pics and vids. very nice system and truck came close to trashing it a few times how fast it is on 4s lipos. havent done much to gearing from the 21/68 right now may try 21/65 later on now.

RC Racer
    I ran mine 26/65 last night and hit 51 MPH. I'm getting some new tires, the 14mm keep stripping so converting to 17mm, will do a top speed test after I put the new tires on.

well got the vids uploaded now. went to sleep at 2:30am and got up at 7am less than 5hrs sleep but feel rested now that i get to sleep on my own bed LOL. vacation wasnt all that fun went on a hike up a mountain called Bald Mountain Summit nice hike up the steep mountain trail hiked up to 7600ft+ next yr will be going up 7900ft+ or try half dome at Yosemite Park and get the water falls.

Here's the vid links:

Wife has another vid or 2 that i'll have uploaded and posted as well when she gets off her phone for a few mins.
    pics willl be posted as well. I'll be posting some merv vids as well since i took almost all my rc stuff and cars too just not the nitro pede too much with fuel and all that.

Thats the pics i took while there. lots more to come later on when i run it here. man was it dirty after the first week.
    I would trade off with my merv and only having 1 charger for lipos 5amp max was time consuming charging 3 lipos. need to pick up my Icharger soon since i got my PSU now. Having trouble with my charger imbalancing while charging, 1 cell will get over charged while the other cell is lower at like around 4.16-.17 while the other is 4.20-.21 which is not good. when i run them though they get even after the first 2 mins which is ok for now.
    my wife used my merv 5days before getting back home and was running near full throttle on 2s lipo 28/50 gearing and didnt hit the brakes and smacked right into a rock and finished off the front bumper and the front skid plate almost the rpm a arm too with it got a nice chunck into it though. time to order more parts this time expense on her LOL.
    I got a few times 100% throttle if i would have went down the hill i would have been able to hold 100% for like 1/4 mile but didnt want to drive the the hill haha to much gas to climb that hill so many times.

part of my vacation deal. 26 bars in all. All from Germany.

Last edited by cooleocool; 08-18-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: post merge

welcome back mike, looks like your having fun bashing your truck, great vid!!!