View Poll Results: Who likes my thread LOL :-)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 75.00%
  • NO

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    You'll have to calibrate the throttle to the ESC. The instructions will tell you how to tell the ESC what's full throttle, neutral, and full brake. I found out that some ESC's calibrate differently. Castle for example is different from HobbyWing.

The program card only programs the funtions like punch, brake strength, etc. I'd try it with the default settings and see how you like it. I have never programmed mine, ran great out of the box.

i cleared the memory from the tx and set it to default on the tx to the EMBE.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    That's for the TX to the RX and is completely different from throttle calibration. It'll tell you how to do it in the ESC manual. After it's calbrated you should have brakes .

well got it out of the box and messed with it and got it into reverse now dont know if it has brakes so will find out when i run it. that was my main concern.

Gearing now:
    I'm running 21t/68t gearing 4s lipo. with that gearing am i like gonna have alot of torque more than if i would have went with 17-19t pinion?

RC Qualifier
    The 21T will have more speed but the 17/19T would have more bottom end torque to the wheels.

ok i only picked up the 21t so i'll try that out and if i dont have enough torque to move this then i'll check out the 19t and 17t LHS sells them cheap i think atleast for all the others they do not sure 5mm though.

RC Qualifier
    With the 21T it should run cool and speed should be about 40mph. It should have excellent bottom end torque which is what I like. Love getting into a berm and punch it. The dirt flies while it's ripping it up .

yup thats what i want, reallly dont need top end for the mountians or the city here as i wont have enough room for it so bottom end sounds awhole lot better. I'll be doing up and down hills, dirt drive ways, rock drive ways and over some gaint rocks which is why i considered a Summit but could find one in my price range. most of what i found in the same condition were like 500+ with lipos rtr.
    I can always get a brushed setup and have some crawling action if i need. you guys will defently see some running vids and where i'm at. Serria national forest up above fresno ca to the east about 20miles up. tons of spots to run up there.

this is the place i'll be running the most:

Excuse the dog, wont be with us when i run my emaxx as they get crazy when it comes near them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    this is the place i'll be running the most:

Excuse the dog, wont be with us when i run my emaxx as they get crazy when it comes near them.
    you might be able to do some speed run with the pics above^^^ looks pretty long enough to get it up to speed.

did you get it to go forward yet? i know when i bind ESC to TX was a bit tricky but the instructions will get you thru.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

pics was only 1/10th of the road. the road goes for about 2-3miles. the drop i mentioned at 800ft is farther down the hill after a 1/4 mile more of slight flat pavement. we walk that 1 mile down and then 1 mile back up with the dogs 1 is in the pic, 1/2 coyote (get that but for reals it is). here's the road i'll be starting out on its about 300ft more behind me when i took it then the other pic is a huge cicle around so i can drive circles around the dogs or house and fly by at full speed on the dirt and rocks.
    can you see my friend in the pic, he's always around droping pine cones on my car and causing the sap to drop.
    He wanted to take out my merv last time JK. them squirels are big up there.

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    you might be able to do some speed run with the pics above^^^ looks pretty long enough to get it up to speed.

did you get it to go forward yet? i know when i bind ESC to TX was a bit tricky but the instructions will get you thru.
    Yeah i got to go forward and reverse last night but not sure i have brakes. card said its 1 setting which i had it on and was on when i first connected but no reverse so i assume i need to program it to tx and rx. had something strange last night happen though when trying to do that the thing started to heat up the wire and melt so i pulled the rx pack off and seen it smoking almost melted on my. wierd it told my to connect it the way i did and did that. ooh well i'll figure it out later on atleast i know that i have reverse and forward now. i'll work on brakes later.

I was curious if other spur gears would work on the emaxx brushless? other course from traxxas as i have 58t,54 and another one, it looks just like the stock one and same pitch same setup just different tooth count. anyone know. atleast i wont have to buy another pinion if i can use those instead to gain more speed if needed.

RC poster
    I would think they will.

Problem I found was any spur under 62t will need a pinion bigger than 20t to mesh gears. I was barely able to get 20/62 working as the motor was hitting the transmission even though the mount had more room in the slot.

humm ok, i got 2 58t and another 68t so far. i'll see if i can make it work with that i have if i need to change gearing which i doubt i will should be good where its at.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like your gona have some fun! Great place to try out your new ride.

I think you asked about shock and diff oil. Traxxas uses 30,000 front and rear for the diffs and 30wt shock oil. That's about what I use but run a little heavier oil, 50,000 in the front diff. And shock oil is 30 to 35wt which gives the shocks quick dampning with my 3.2" tires. Bigger tires might require a little heavier oil in the shocks but you might start with 30 or 35wt. to see how you like it.

yeah i've bashed there with my merv last year i went and was fun, spent a while cleaning all the dust and getting the rocks out of the gears but something the size of the EMBE will be even bettter to bash there.

Yeah i did ask, because i havent checked if its going to need diff oil and shock oil. since it would be the same thing i would use in my merv and emaxx and possibly nitro pede i'll pick some up. i'll pick up 50K to use in front and back and 35wt-45wt oil for shocks. i need oil in my merv shocks too so that will come in handy. thanks for the help too.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I was curious if other spur gears would work on the emaxx brushless? other course from traxxas as i have 58t,54 and another one, it looks just like the stock one and same pitch same setup just different tooth count. anyone know. atleast i wont have to buy another pinion if i can use those instead to gain more speed if needed.
    you can probably fit spurs from 52t to 68t and you have some spare spur to mess around with when you get it in the mail along with some other useful parts, lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    you can probably fit spurs from 52t to 68t and you have some spare spur to mess around with when you get it in the mail along with some other useful parts, lol.
    Cool, i'll be trying different gearing out for sure. temps should be good with the system and will see how torque and top end is.

RC Qualifier
    i used 26/56 gearing this weekend it was to much not as far as heat i blew 2 tires but the emaxx was hauling butt with 4s and a tacon 2150kv i went back to 24/65 and this is onroad bashing offroad i like 21/65 but im turning my emaxx into a onroad truck waiting on my road rage
    Last edited by momort; 06-25-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    slash hot rod
    tacon 2150kv 3s
    mod 1 20/36

ordered some velcro straps yesterday Spektrum for the lipos i got to make sure they hold in the battery trays and some Assoc. 60K diff oil for both my merv and embe. got new spur gears-58t's, 62, 68. pinions-17t, 21. i'll be trying out 21/68 first to see how it is then if need be i'll try out 21/62 for more speed runs but if i want more toqure on taking offing for off road i'll drop it to like 17/62/68.
    vids will come and pics of the maxx in action over vacation sunday aug.5th i hope to upload and post vids on my wife's phone first time doing that at the time no better time than then right...

RC Champion
    ordered some velcro straps yesterday Spektrum for the lipos i got to make sure they hold in the battery trays and some Assoc. 60K diff oil for both my merv and embe. got new spur gears-58t's, 62, 68. pinions-17t, 21. i'll be trying out 21/68 first to see how it is then if need be i'll try out 21/62 for more speed runs but if i want more toqure on taking offing for off road i'll drop it to like 17/62/68.
    vids will come and pics of the maxx in action over vacation sunday aug.5th i hope to upload and post vids on my wife's phone first time doing that at the time no better time than then right...
    Should be easy. I just downloaded the photobucket app and upload it.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

we use youtube on cpu to upload atleast i do, wife doesnt upload on hers or her account. i have my own account so uploading i think youtube said would be to email vid to a email address i have with my account and it will upload will try it out before going or i'll have to log in on her phone and then upload it like that either way i will get it to work somehow. getting parts in tuesday. shipped today somehow amain said. will have to take dermel with me in rc box hoe it all fits in the car, the maxx is big enough i put tx in box already and lipos are in small box, need to fix and pack merv w/tx + lipos. i gotta watch for the dogs up there they dont like the rc's and not to mention rattle snakes if it bits my wheel i'll have to kill it you know, with my 1:1 car. cant stand snakes dont like that and they have them up there. i remember reading on here someone got their tire bit by a rattler 1 time and threw the tire out because of it.

RC Champion
    we use youtube on cpu to upload atleast i do, wife doesnt upload on hers or her account. i have my own account so uploading i think youtube said would be to email vid to a email address i have with my account and it will upload will try it out before going or i'll have to log in on her phone and then upload it like that either way i will get it to work somehow. getting parts in tuesday. shipped today somehow amain said. will have to take dermel with me in rc box hoe it all fits in the car, the maxx is big enough i put tx in box already and lipos are in small box, need to fix and pack merv w/tx + lipos. i gotta watch for the dogs up there they dont like the rc's and not to mention rattle snakes if it bits my wheel i'll have to kill it you know, with my 1:1 car. cant stand snakes dont like that and they have them up there. i remember reading on here someone got their tire bit by a rattler 1 time and threw the tire out because of it.
    Ya i can't stand snakes either and there is a bunch of them where i love to bash thats why spring fall and winter are the best bashing times for me anyways. When I uploaded a video to youtube it took 2hrs so i scratched that lol. I did something with a snake with my maxx, but i can't talk about it because it is against the rules and im already at 20 pts
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

ooh i didnt know it would take that long to upload. will try it on 4g and see how that goes. my cpu takes about 5mins for a 8min vid.
    yeah dont want any more points.

RC Champion
    ooh i didnt know it would take that long to upload. will try it on 4g and see how that goes. my cpu takes about 5mins for a 8min vid.
    yeah dont want any more points.
    I guess i was using 3G so that should make a difference
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

yup it should i hope. cant wait to get my emaxx i hope to run my merv sooner as soon as my parts come in. i wont be here tuesday to get them so might have to either pick them up at post office because mail lady dont like to walk 10ft to bring to me from boxes lazy cough cough.

RC Champion
    yup it should i hope. cant wait to get my emaxx i hope to run my merv sooner as soon as my parts come in. i wont be here tuesday to get them so might have to either pick them up at post office because mail lady dont like to walk 10ft to bring to me from boxes lazy cough cough.
    hahaha. Me and my mailman(bob) are pretty good friends because of rc stuff lol.

Back on topic.

Have you bashed the emaxx yet!?!?!?!?!?
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

nope, i hope to sell more of my stuff and get some extra's of stuff that is common to break on the emaxx with 4s running.
    i normally use my po box but i can only check that 2-3 times a month now not being there 1 block away.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 07-08-2012 at 09:40 PM.

RC Champion
    nope, i hope to sell more of my stuff and get some extra's of stuff that is common to break on the emaxx with 4s running.
    i normally use my po box but i can only check that 2-3 times a month now not being there 1 block away.
    I can't believe how fun it is to bash these emaxxs! Compared to the merv. Too much fun!
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

the only thing i dont like about the merv is it flips i hope this doesnt do that to. everything is stock so if something breaks i'll upgrade or get stock again. what breaks on 4s or something that breaks very easy on these? i dont jump atleast not anymore.

RC Champion
    the only thing i dont like about the merv is it flips i hope this doesnt do that to. everything is stock so if something breaks i'll upgrade or get stock again. what breaks on 4s or something that breaks very easy on these? i dont jump atleast not anymore.
    I have only rolled mine like twice. I think you'll be ok. You have a spare body to
    If you don't jump that much, i don't think much will brake. Maybe CVDS. and shock towers.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

i read about summit cvd's would i need any thing to make them fit or are they just a install and good to go? also what upgrade on shock towers is good? i really dont like alum any brand/company but if they are good then it might be ok. i was thinking RPM but not sure.

yup i do have the extra body the black one since its scratched more i will be using that for off road and road use and the red more grass only to keep it newer. thats pretty good for not fliiping much.

also wanted to know do the proline X wide trenchers fit on the traxxas 3.8 rims? like the geode wheels and the wheels i have now?
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 07-08-2012 at 10:00 PM.

RC Champion
    People don't like RPM because they can bend shock shafts. I run RPM and i haven't had any problems. FLM has good aluminum ones.http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...k+tower+debate
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

where can you buy FLM not sure where to buy that at? i keep hearing about it.

I like RPM never had a problem so far with anything, i have a arms on 2 rc, knuckles on my merv front only right now soon to be rear also and jumped them over 15ft and still good, shock tower, bumpers, all good.

RC Champion
    I just bought 2 flm towers on ebay for $45. I like the multiple shock mounting options. I hear UE towers are stronger. I had rpm on a p4de and the screws would strip out from time to time. The shock towers on a revo are set up differently so u dont have to worry about bending shock dhafts. Never tried the knuckles. I hear rpm knuckles on a maxx, the balls pop out, which to me isnt so bad. Keeps u from breaking something else. As long as it doesnt happen too easily.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Champion
    You can get them on ebay or just google it
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

i hear that alot too about the rpm knuckles but i have had good luck now if you were hitting stuff hard then it might pop out but then again if you had alum. you would bend it and be out completely the same i would think which is why i like to stick with plastic things instead well its nylon.
    Back to questions asked i dont like to buy off ebay dont have an account yet either there to buy. $45 is not bad was that shipped?

RC Champion
    i hear that alot too about the rpm knuckles but i have had good luck now if you were hitting stuff hard then it might pop out but then again if you had alum. you would bend it and be out completely the same i would think which is why i like to stick with plastic things instead well its nylon.
    Back to questions asked i dont like to buy off ebay dont have an account yet either there to buy. $45 is not bad was that shipped?
    I think it would be pretty hard to BEND a aluminum knuckle with a pivot ball trying to pop out. I have herd even integy ones don't pop out or bend. I have seen bent FLM shock towers though thats why i got rpm and its not going to brake. Get 2 aluminum knuckles for the front and the RPM true track in the rear. I got my true track for $35 shipped on amazon.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

found them as mentioned, sure has a lot of holes LOL. not sure i would like something like that. good things i hear though about them.