View Poll Results: Who likes my thread LOL :-)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 75.00%
  • NO

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    well i made only 1 deans genuine plug to traxxas yesterday evening with some short wire i had left over, i remember when i was trying to get the metal tabs off the traxxas connector the black plastic broke on me and i used a drop of aka glue on it big mistake because i couldnt get it out so i had to solder the wire while the metal tab was in there hard let me tell you but i got it and soldered the deans now that was a little easier but with so short wires and having the shrink wrap on the wire made it a little difficult but got it though. wires are uneven lol but ill take a picture and post haha so you guys can laugh at me on it. getting some traxxas plugs from a friend on here and all i need to do is place the order for more deans/t-plugs and wire then i'm set to roll
    DEU 8:18 ESV

so i decided to go ahead and just order the stuff i need for the paraboard adapters i need to make and some bullet connectors for my merv when the esc goes out trying to save on shipping like this.
    here's what i have so far looks to be everything needed.
    http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=142
    http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=150
    http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=149
    http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=139
    http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=140
    these i have 2' coming each. going to be used for adapters.
    http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=97
    http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=283
    http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=284
    I was thinking instead of cutting the bullet connectors off the stock motor on my merv to make an adapter using the 3.5mm to motor to 4.0mm to esc emaxx so not shorter wires are done on stock motor and i can switch it to my emaxx and still run the stock merv esc. when i get my 3s lipos for it i will run the wp sc8 in there to keep things cool.

so do i have it covered?

finally uploaded my pics of the adapter i made now be easy alright wasnt my first time but as explained it was a task to solder a traxxas connector without melting the plastic all up.

will have to take a picture when i make my psu/charger box up. Should be getting my traxxas connectors end of this week

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    How do you melt the connector? You solder the terminal let it cool then snap it into the connector
    Depending on the length of your battery wires you might want longer adapters there. It gets kind of tight with short wires

Looks nice though! Do you have two psu's? Most cases you will only need one
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-26-2013 at 07:14 PM.

I soldered the wire on the connectors traxxas plug before but when last time i soldered that connector and went to put it back in i broke the black part on 1 side so i glued it to hold it in place i did it without the terminal in there but seems like the glue didnt dry all the way before i stuck it in so it bonded to it and i could get it out without damaging it again or more.
    The emaxx lipos have long wires on them so i'll use that plug for that atleast 1 of them, i plan to use about 3-4" of wire for each adapter i need to make.
    What i was thinking of doing was just putting the lipos, paraboard in the safe closing it and charging them like that.

Only have this psu right now. i had the specs wrong on this though its 12v 53.7/57.3 amps 700w.

talked with J-Neutron and searched for 2 psu's to run and since i dont want to have to ship this to him to make another psu with it same specs so it can touch eachother i decided to just buy another set. found a set for 48.00 12v x2 73a 900w x2 should be plenty. Plan to get a either a 306b or the powerlab 6 since price is right near the same. After buying house of course.
    Approved for that though went last week just need the car off they said everything perfect said it couldnt be better just work on that car loan and your set maybe come up with 1000-1500 in your bank then start looking.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You would need 18v to reach 350 watts with your charger but you should be goodHave you checked your actual voltage output?
    That was one selling point I.liked with the 3010 puts out 500 watts at 12v
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-26-2013 at 09:40 PM.

yup need that much voltage to be able to use that whole 350 watts. Pave used this psu with 2 206'bs he said maxed out even and held up good. I wont be maxing out my charger i dont think max i need right now is 13amps for 13k MAH 2s packs. Last time i checked voltage was 12.22v on the psu when plugged in and charger said the same thing as my multimeter did.

3010 at 500w for 12v psu is good. so for your 24v setup psu's you can reach the full 1000w of the charger?

So what i posted is about what i am needing right for what i mentioned. about to place order tonight so it gets mailed out tomorrow morning. just letting it come first class mail since its 5.99 priority and its no where near that why spend extra.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep but I have never needed it. Once you play with it you will still probably charge them one at a time. Better to balance charge anyway
    On the 206b 12v was good for around 220 watts

looking good mike...like your PSU .
    Rock n Rolla !

i dont mind charging 1 at a time if i have time sometimes i dont and need to charger them up quicker at once and this will help alot.
    Thanks Mitch316 been working on stuff here so i got the psu from a member here happen to have it just in time and it will work for the time being.

Found a project i will have to do for my wife here needle a curved needle for stitching up a workout dummy we got free its about 120-140 lbs boxing and grappling dummy and his side opened up exposing his guts and ribs so i need to restitching him and about to place an order on ebay for those needles and my pastor at church has some thread for it hoping its strong enough though. I attend a upholstery class we are having to work on projects quiet fun too. If your interested i can post a pic of what i'm talking about.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds like something for.mythbusters!

haha your funny.
    Here's a couple pictures it looked funny when we brought it home almost didnt fit inside. Also we had a funny cake tonight at the meeting we had this time lol.

tried something but didnt work

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nope buster looks much different!
    Buster the crash test dummy on mythbusters!
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-27-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Nope buster looks much different!
    who's buster 50? lol

its another project i have to do. emailed my mom seeing if she still has the thread for leather sewing and the needle before i order it since she makes leather travel bags, hand bags, purses and stuff.

Update: just placed my order with EPbuddy for first class mail so it will take about 5-10 days to get here enough time for me to find time to find time haha.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 02-27-2013 at 12:36 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's good. Your all planned out! Broke 8000 posts

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Right now you should be close to charging. 2 3s batteries at 10 amps

yup you did break the 8k posts thats for sure you passed me up by almost double now.
    i think things through before ordering because if i order the wrong thing i wont have use it for it then.

i only plan to get 1 3s lipo just for the merv only emaxx is too much right now since i cant run it much only my wife would so doesnt make since to get it yet. I use 2s for crawling over rocks even then it gets stuck not a rock crawling but does ok still no bogging so far.
    10amps is not too bad if i had to charge 2 3s lipos.

Got my traxxas connectors today its in this form but dont mine i dont need the female connector or wires so i will leave those alone and unsolder the male connectors for my adapters.

Hey 50togo your on here to much for having over 8K posts.

ok got my stuff in today and couldnt help but get it done atleast what i needed first. I still have to make the connectors still for the merv to wp sc8 esc.

I used a 30w iron believe it or not to solder the 10g wire i used on the series connector and it fit nicely in there.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 03-02-2013 at 09:35 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    wow, nicely done there mike.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    wow, nicely done there mike.
    spent 3 hrs today doing that. had the solder iron on the whole time was hot sitting there for that long. when i get back i'll solder the adapter i need to run my wp sc8 esc out of the maxx for the merv wanting to try that out see if it runs better well cooler than it does now. I could use the parallel connector you sent but not male plugs now haha

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good job 4444 posts!
    Finally found a good use of your skid plate!

Good job 4444 posts!
    Finally found a good use of your skid plate!
    haha yeah i did, works good too until i cut it and mount it up if i decide to later on but its been working fine for soldering. keeps my table cool and safe.
    post count went down a little as i had my thread in the MP removed which had 25 posts on it but dont mind as i asked for it to be taken down to repost just the 2 bodies.

well back on now till i start work midweek again. Great vacation i had to get away from everything just wish it would have been sunny the whole week i was gone but rain 4 days stinks but ooh well.

Didnt take the emaxx or merv with me so nothing new just yet. I'll be working next on those bullet connector adapter.

Looking good mate...nice!!
    Rock n Rolla !

well didnt get around to bullet connectors just yet but i am taking my emaxx and merv out tomorrow afternoon taking 2 lipos for emaxx standard and 2 lipos for merv extra long runtime. Charging them right now for tomorrow paraboard first time since i made those adapters working good except 1 connector is a little hard to get on the paraboard think it was my fault though i got the tab too hot on the t-plug and it bent just a slight bit.
    Here's a picture i took of it charging on my icharger 208b plus have my thunder ac6 charging my tx AA'a as well and both are handling just fine.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice setup there!
    Have fun bashing!

thanks lipos where just a little under charged and each needed about 5 mins more each one

RC Qualifier
    Looking good Mike. Nice job with all that soldering. It can be tricky sometimes.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    mike, Thats a nice safe charging setup you have there. I like it!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey mike
    Did you know if you only charged to 4.17v every time your life of your batteries would be extended!

Mugs-i really don't like soldering but this time it was so easy I soldered the 10g series in less than 15 mins with my 30w iron I had that thing on for like 30 mins heating up (I don't pay electric so I can run a 150w all day if I wanted to) the only trouble I had was fitting the wire into the traxxas hole slot when I stuck the tab back in it was too tall.
    Emaxx brushless- the safe doesn't lock anymore 2 things its broken and I don't have a key for it but it works good. Won't be traveling with it like to the park only on vacation but I know this safe should be just as good or better than a lipo bag.

Hey mike
    Did you know if you only charged to 4.17v every time your life of your batteries would be extended!
    I remember Jimmie mentioning that to me I was going to set it to stop at 4.18 but wanted to see how the charger works and how my series connector works out. I will have it set though to 4.18 next charge

well went out was fun but the merv with the bald tires and the old 27mhz radio it was getting too much interference so i didnt run it much but only 10mins. the emaxx was at about 3.83v per cell when i got it back on the charger and i ran it about 35mins so it still had more to go. The series connector i made worked alot better i seen the performance increase and the motor, esc was cooler than last times i ran it the same way. got a video uploading and took a couple pics more but i had to hold the tx and camera on the same hand so i dont think it came out all that great but its something i didnt take the normal camera this time to record.

the trail where i run at and walk. its about 1 mile long

putting the lipos back into storage charge

video its side ways so if you can turn it then you may be able to see it lol. next time it should be better its going to be at my church parking lot again so it will be upright that time.

well charging up the lipos again this time only the Emaxx is going out the merv was a terrible lose last time and a waste to pack up and take so its only going to be that one this time. I hope to take a better vid maybe my wife will take it for me who knows she didnt go last time with me walking stayed behind and drank coffee.

Took some pics of my lipos on the charger at 20amps psu didnt even blink but .02 on the voltage you can see input went up, last time i was charging i think i had it limited to only 13amps which is why i think it didnt want to go above 16amps this time it was to 20amps with no problem full power haha.

now this is when i put it down to 8amps which is what i wanted to use first place and is now charging.

Hoping to really have some fun tomorrow warmer temps a little should be perfect. who wants to join?

Looking good mate...my neck sore from tilting it sideways .
    Rock n Rolla !

haha sorry about that. mine did too so i watched it on my phone didnt get it like i usually try to get it. gonna have my wife record it this time i like when she uses her phone gets it alot better than mine does but for some reason it wont upload on my account on her phone which sucks so it takes a long time to upload from the computer so looks like i will be using mine but if all else fails i will set it up on a rock or something its got to come out right this time.

lipos are sitting at 4.18v per cell right now ready for tomorrow.