View Poll Results: Who likes my thread LOL :-)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 75.00%
  • NO

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    did you see it on there? the charger? im on it

22/65 will be a good mix just 1 up on the pinion i am running.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    But I am running trenchers but with the 1/8 scale diffs its lower gearing so might be good
    The 206b at 52.00. Nope! Didn't see it

haha yeah you seen it. i dont need the psu and dont prefer the board with it but its ok i can resale that part if i have to or power something else.

ooh yeah you are running those trenchers after running more let me know how they are doing with what you guys put them through.

well today i was going through my grandmothers storage rooms since i am getting alot and I MEAN ALOT of construction building supplies to have a garage sale if any body interested we have all kinds of stuff drop by Waterford Ca in the next couple weeks when i have it all ready to go by the middle of next month.
    back on topic what i was going to say lol: i found a fairly new Sentry Fire Safe has no key which is not needed but now i have something for my lipos to charge and rest in its the 1100 series safe and big enough for my para board plus 4 lipos to charge in. Been wanting one for a long while looking at thrift stores, garage sales(been keeping away from those though), stores and just about everywhere but never thought my Grandmother had one sitting there for yrs maybe. gotta clean it up and will take pics i kinda felt funny leaving my lipos in a popcorn bucket haha when i would leave home for a few days now i can transport them in my car and lock the safe with a strap i have.

still working on getting a icharger 206b i hope to have the rest of the money by Wenesday so i can order my charger and paraboard perhaps. i also have a mortage appointment that day so i have to wait till i get back for that order i might be buying a house

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's good!
    Buy a new one forget the used chargers!

i would if i didnt make an offer already on it. If i lose i will be getting the 206B and maybe traxxas paraboard if i can get it for whats in my paypal.

took a couple pics of my new lipo holder.

Took a funny picture i thought of sharing.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 02-17-2013 at 05:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    ^^^^
    Someone likes to still travel in style whilst off-roading.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

haha thats what i thought weird seeing that i was running my maxx that day and seen that i almost crashed by taking the picture into the pole if you have ever seen my vids we have 2 light poles in the parking lot at our church and i was going and trying to take the picture and when i looked where my emaxx was it was about 1 ft from hitting head on going about 1/2 throttle.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That wouldn't of been good!
    The fire box will work!

dont lock and i have to fix the top handle because its broken but thought well it will be better than using that red popcorn can i have been using for over 1 yr now.

see how much that charger went up to now? whoa too much i wouldnt have paid that much since i always have a psu and wouldnt be worth it to me. if i get outbidded again i'm just going to get the new charger instead as you stated.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow. Went for 170 shipped!

way too much i would have never paid that much!!! im not going any higher than i offered 110 shipped for the charger that i am going for now he said maybe but never got back to me so if i lose ooh well. the one that just sold he offered it to me for 129 shipped which was not a bad deal when i could have sold the PSU for like 25+shipping but i didnt think for a supposed new i would pay that much when i really dont need the psu i just need the charger and paraboard i didnt like the EC5 board.

Ooh yeah i found a nice piece of metal or steel at my grandmothers place bent just like a skid plate for the emaxx wonder if it will fit??? its like 1/4" thick or something but its thick i might try and see if it fits and drill some holes just for kicks. i'll take a picture when i get it out of my tool bag. its crazy though.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 02-17-2013 at 10:16 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Plastic makes a much better skid plate. But for free can't beat it!

here's what i was talking about i would have to cut it though more likely but i think i might have a machine or something to cut it and just try it out something to do later on.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    if it's steel it would be heavy but the bolt holes would need to be countersunk

yup i have something to drill those. somewhere i hope i didnt miss place it after all the moving of stuff i did.
    i came across the boards i am going to use for my charge box and psu's. making mine similar to yours just with a removable/ open lid where the charger will sit i just need to know how high the charger is to make the width, height and lenght is going to be the psu with a large hole for the fan front and rear i have to drill hole that you use to drill door holes for that part. I got tons of different hings to use, choice lumber around that i have been finding. after i finish up in there ill get building gives me time to get charger.
    I will know if i get my charger tonight if not wenesday maybe when i sell my servo

Well bought the icharger for 100 shipped with the deans paraboard now once I get it I need to make adapters for it or I might just buy them made if its the same price as making them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    About time! Congratulations!

charger will be here thrusday fast now thats what i'm talking about it said economy but i guess it charged to priority mail instead so i'm glad for that now i just need to order the connectors i need just like your using 50 thinking i will only get 3 right now i have 1 deans and 1 traxxas connector i can make one of out and i need to order wire 10+12g plus i need the balance wire extension which i think i will only need 2 for now only the SPC needs them since the wire is too short for my liking and need. my emaxx lipos balance leads are long on their so no trouble there. while i am ordering i thought of getting 4mm bullet connectors for my 1/16 merv motor since the stock esc is junk if it blows ever i will transfer back n forth my HW 120a esc and since the esc works for the maxx motor i might as well just change the connector so no hassle. I wanted to get some of those protector things for the balance leads but they are all out of epbuddy and price is a little cheaper for the stuff i want there than PRC right now and shipping is about the same thing.

Awesome mate...will be watching for updates.
    Rock n Rolla !

ok adding things to my cart and thinking i might just make the connectors i need since the board is deans/t plug. now am i right that the board comes with t-plug male and i need t-plug females? i know i need male trx connectors right? I dont feel like paying 2.95 for something i can just make since i am ordering wire already and i can just pick up an extra 1ft each red and black for 12g wires for what .80 cents each.

Its all happening now mate...Nice .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you can run 4mm just strip more wire and double it so you don't need to fill it with so much solder.
    all that will keep you busy!

cant order till tomorrow after appointment evening so i more than likely wont order till thrusday

first before i order i need to know if i need female t-plugs and male trx's? ordering from epbuddy.

ooh yeah it will keep me busy and good idea you have about the wire to double it i think i will do that for sure. I have plenty of solder just found a huge spool over at my grandmothers some thin like i am using and some thick stuff that i dont have a iron for. which reminds me i think i will need to order a new iron for this ooh man not more.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    how much is the price difference between the plugs and prewired?
    would be nice making them the length you want . i need to shorten all my balance extensions all they had in stock was long ones!

well came out to what 7.10 for connectors alone, prewired was 11.?? for 4 of them what i need. wires i didnt count because i need them for my series connector and since i am ordering them might as well get 1 ft extra.

now the balance lead extension comes in the 12" or 8" right? i thought of just getting the 8" for the SPC lipos.

G coming your way on something 50
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 02-19-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Interesting...post pics when done.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    well came out to what 7.10 for connectors alone, prewired was 11.?? for 4 of them what i need. wires i didnt count because i need them for my series connector and since i am ordering them might as well get 1 ft extra.

now the balance lead extension comes in the 12" or 8" right? i thought of just getting the 8" for the SPC lipos.

G coming your way on something 50
    I found most extensions for.my.spc could be a little shorter then that maybe 4"
    Might do that today-was going to say tomorrow

RC Champion
    I found this place for wires and connectors ect. Might be useful to some of us.
    http://stores.ebay.com/BackBay-RC-Ac...4.l1513&_pgn=2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Little pricey at 4.99 ea but good find

I don't mind extra length on the extensions I can shorten then if needed and make more.

Emaxxb-that place is a little pricey for what I'm looking for I can more likely get double for that but thank you for the link.

still didnt get my icharger says its suppose to be here today from tracking still waitinh maybe tomorrow

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Waiting is the hardest part!
    Went bashing today! My brothers1/5 scale moved pretty good

yup waiting is hard, called and postmaster picked up the phone this time and she checked tracking # and said its not at the office there they havent got it yet and she knew who i was because i told her its going to my po box. she said maybe friday, saturday perhaps. thinking it might have been held up by snow???
    Moving day coming sooner than later 50....

ooh yeah forgot i clicked on the link it says it file moved
    The document has moved here

weird now the links are working. 50togo wondering something, i notice some people use just a link to a picture that it does not take you to photobucket site and some take you there wondering why you choose to use the link to take you to the site? I can do that same with google account but i like to just have the link for the picture only.

Update on my tracking info today at 5:26pm updated now its in Stockton, Ca from there it usually gets here same day but dont think it will be today as my post office is closed down tight maybe morning??? hoping as i am gonna try not going anywhere except maybe to my grandmothers??? GARAGE SALE yeah.

well got my icharger today and its working good for now. I have to learn more of the options and stuff on it i have down the resistance i know its not accurate like a IR checker but for my emaxx lipos it says 7+9 for those 2 packs and merv 16+16. I did a full charge at 1.5C on my emaxx lipo just 1 and then put it in storage mode 8amps 2C and man did the charger get hot under it. the fan came on and the temp it said for it was 119 inside weird but i wont do that again maybe only 3amps or so. I have to make now a connector for the paraboard. i dont have the cd for the charger but i did download the info from PRC and everything the LogViewer. i have yet to try that out but will maybe today .
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 02-22-2013 at 05:12 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the IR will work good for monitoring your batteries to see their health! only problem is for a true reading the batteries need to be at a constant 72 degrees for an hour to be accurate . at different temps you will get different readings.. but for your use pick a temp and check your IR write it on the battery or keep track then every month check it to see how much higher the reading goes as the batteries age
    as far as the photobucket that's just the way i always did it

Either way your merv batteries are about shot
    In storage mode I usually do less then 5 amps. It does create heat because its discharging the battery there
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-22-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Yeah thats why i mentioned that i know its not accurate. the merv batteries are older like maybe 1 yr older but never ran below 3.0v and maybe a couple times it was over charged by .02 not real bad though.
    I charge those up and they are fine no swelling, puffing, abnormal charging or anything.
    Going to G T you. I wont be storage charging a single battery no more than 2amps.