View Poll Results: Who likes my thread LOL :-)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 75.00%
  • NO

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 12-08-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That looks like fun!
    I think you need some neg camber!
    Easy on the brake! Hard on the front diff
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-08-2012 at 09:36 PM.

it was fun if my hands were not freezing up.
    neg chamber on which? emaxx or merv? i know emaxx needs it and merv is bad on the rear think i need shims on the rear behind the pins on hex's.

emaxx brake is at 50% only which seems to work great if i dont slam them on 100% right away. 25% brake doesnt work good and 75% is to much. some of the vids didnt come out like i wanted but maybe next time. today it was foggy all day.

well i took the emaxx apart a little yesterday and checked shocks, diffs, bulkheads, towers, drive shafts, cvd's, steering posts and everything good still shocks full . these are not going to get upgraded till something breaks. now i have to admit though since i have been neglating the maintaince i found some light rust and screws were hard to get off but i took that off and coated it to prevent that and will not be doing that gain not taking care of that.

RC Competitor
    Hello all,I have a post ini the e maxx room.What I would like to know is that when you ordered you sc8 combo,did you have to get it from customs and have to pay an additional fee.I have a 3905 e maxx roller,and want to get a brushless system for it.

Coming to the USA it didn't get held up at all I got mine in 3days from shipped getting it out was like 2 days. I choose express shipping for $8 more worth it. I don't know about Canada or other countries about customs. Great combo so far and running very cool. Pick up a motor cooling fan 44x size fan they carry it there for cheap. Wish I would have picked it up and also get a few pinions there as well I got a 21t

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Took the maxx and revo out today. Stock shimmed diffs held up good. I.put my revo tires on the maxx and the maxx tires on the revo and ran 53.7 mph on the revo with 2 cell

RC Competitor
    I don't know i'm a little torn between the sc8 and the XERUN 150A SD Brushless ESC for 1/8 Car.This will be my first brushless
    system,just starting to get back into r/c.I have sold a bunch of my nitro stuff on ebay,just got tired of tuning.I live in florida,so
    the weather is always changing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Took this 12ft jump!

So the stock diffs held a lot better now. Mine didn't need shimming yet maybe in time. 53.7 is fast I don't need mine that fast Or I might break stuff a lot.

Both combos are good just one is waterproof the other is not nor would I chance it either.

nothing new to add on my thread as of late just sleeping lately for the maxx. I hope to get running soon, working on getting a new icharger w/paraboard. $31 left to go for that or 13 for just the charger.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    it's about time!

haha yeah been out for awhile, i stopped running my maxx not only because of no time but i didnt like the fact i am taking a chance with that cooker i have right now.
    Still considering getting the 106b but it will only allow me to charge both 4000 lipos i have for maxx or just 2 2500 lipos for merv not all at the same time so i can go out with them and not have to come back in to charge up the next 2 lipos.

I'm eyeballing that cooker as well on hobbypartz the new thunder power charger for 20amps 89.00 but thinking i will wait i dont need to waste my money on another cooker.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    mine have been down since new years all these diff mods have taken too much time and money!
    save your money and do it right!

your like me then been a little longer but i bet we both feel like its been yrs since they have been down.

I think i learned my lesson the first time. I think to my self how many amps am i getting, how many amps for discharging, quality, warranty support (most of all), cost plays a little factor but then quality comes in then, reviews honest from people that have tried over 10+ chargers and ended up with a icharger or the like.

If you happen to come across a deal on an icharger 206b email me if you can 50.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i will keep an eye out

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys. Here is hoping that you get your Maxx's up and running and enjoy them again soon.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    I decided to go with a powerlab 6 and para board and I love it it's kinda pricy tho! I also built my own 24v 1800watt 74a powersupply

RC Qualifier
    Was hoping to go the same route you did there, but I couldn't find any power supplies to match, at least not without massively breaking the bank. That looks like a wicked charging setup.

Still trying to decide which way to go as far as chargers are concerned.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    I decided to go with a powerlab 6 and para board and I love it it's kinda pricy tho! I also built my own 24v 1800watt 74a powersupply
    I bought a few balance wire extensions. Makes life easier!

RC Champion
    Man that board looks like it is growing wires for hair lol jk it looks like it would make it Easier

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My spc have very short balance wires and I didn't need them that long but they work good. I will.probably end up shortening them. The shorter one were out of stock
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-09-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Nice charger and power supply setup there Emaxx1991
    I watched you build in the Ally of your psu's. nice and has alot of amps there being 74a.

I am gonna just out with my power supply i have right now 12v 57.3a 700w. I thought it was lower specs but its not thought it was 12v 47a 575w but when i started to take off shrink wrap and compared it was a Dell power server not a HP.
    After getting the 206b later on this year i will get a better supply and maybe the 306b or powerlab 6 depends on cash flow after i buy our house.

50 i do like those balance lead extensions great idea as the balance wires on the lipos are sometimes short like the spc wires not my maxx lipos though they are long.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Mike I have two of the 47a psu's but have only needed one so far

question for you on your icharger?
    Now the cd that came with it is it a mini or full size? does it work even with the full size cd player? i ask because my laptop has the cd player but not sure if it would work or not so i thought i would ask. I know it has software on there to be able to see the charger and be able to download firmware updates. Have you needed or have updated the firmware since you have had yours?

I thought mine will be enough for a little while but if i get this cash later on this year after the house buying and all then i get a nice portion for my hobby which i will get some more lipos first spc then another charger then psu's 900w 73a i think they are 2 of them. I think i am going to get some 3s merv, 2s+3s for maxx 2 each of all those

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Its a mini but you can download straight from epbuddy
    That will be nice!

even if you didnt buy from them?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

I downloaded the PDF files but the software at the bottom logview, upgrader, usb driver say there is malware pishing on them as far as my McAfee says and google chrome. did it do that to you?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have Norton and chrome and no problem

so it didnt give a warning then maybe my setting is too high or something??? I'll see when i get my charger and try that mini cd rom it might just work who knows. I have all kinds of stuff on my laptop even though its old now 2006 its got even the dial up modem inside it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The mini should work. They play from the inside to the outside so you should be good

thanks. so tempted to just order the charger and charge the rest after all its only $13 right.....hummmm thinking i dont have time i know for atleast the next 2 weeks with being busy helping, working on jobs and next month i know i have to replace a oil gasket and who knows what else on that old truck.
    I cleaned my bearings on the emaxx last time and the merv and havent ran it since. tomorrow i think i will pull the lipos out and check them make sure they are in storage still and repeak the nimh's lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Busy man!
    I reordered the pins from Connecticut and they came today! My daughter's bd today so I will work on it Sunday

Nice you finally got the parts needed, once its up and running time to bash doing some more jumps this time without breakage.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that will be nice! can't wait to get back up there
    only problem i see is with the gearing. you loose about 4t on the pinion and your limited with the gearing on the maxx. my revo can do 24/54 with no problems and i had to do some grinding for 19/65

Why are you limited on gearing? Is it your mount you have on or the diffs?

ooh my i think i am in for a surprise on a charger. i'll see if i can get it trying that out but not sure if i will get it well see in 6 days. it was either 206 or 3010 and 3010 wasnt going for it ooh well i didnt think i had enough in my account to try that one. maybe ill get lucky who knows. i hope i dont get reeled in like many do here on that stuff lol

well so far its ok i was outbid but took care of that right away, ill keep my eye on it for sure.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Actually I had a problem with a 18/65 but I am going to try 22/65
    Keep an eye out for that charger!
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-12-2013 at 01:37 AM.