View Poll Results: Who likes my thread LOL :-)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 75.00%
  • NO

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    yeah tons of fun. looking forward to using it down here too now. dry weeds kept me from taking more vids else where on trip but its ok. i plan to take it again next yr if we go again. its good to be back. man i couldnt take it when i was bored to be without internet service the whole time. i came on but signal was very very bad unless i stood in the 108F heat waves. Thanks for the welcome back
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Good to hear your back. The batteries look like they fit nice with the stock hold downs.

MMMmmmm Chocolate my favorite. Bet you had to keep those bars on ice with a 108* temps. Been over a 100* here and it SUCKS!!!

well they were brought from Germany Thrusday night in luggage and brought at night and then put in the fridge after getting home at 2:30am.

when i checked the lipos on the truck at first i didnt think to try and use the hold downs when doing that, there snug but i dont think too snug. i still have to get some foam to keep them from moving around any which they havent and i even backflipped it 2 times and lipos didnt move. I ran for 30mins with the lipos still being at 3.8v per cell not bad and i have 5cycles on them and the power system and truck. resting up and getting things put away first before running it again. I'll keep an eye on the power system to see how the outcome is after more runtime done.

got the other 2 vids upload finally and dont think i will post them like i did the others the players on here i'lll just post the link since its taking a while to load this thread now since i did that last time.
    http://youtu.be/xYXwbT-BLy8
    http://youtu.be/vn_z4RlMn_c

got my wheelie bar install now after sitting figureing out how to get it on without the skid plate thing it comes with when seeing the pics of it but i just attached it to the lower part of the rear bumper and through the skid plate and moves a little but not much and holds up good for the wheelies as you can see in the vids here being uploaded.
    vids:
    http://youtu.be/WDBxy70PZw4
    http://youtu.be/pwFIftA9U14
    (not sure why this looks like it came out in black n white like its old or something) have to check that out. might be because i got a phone call while recording on my phone and it just saved it like that i guess could be.
    Pics of wheelie bar installed:

I'm still getting around 35-45mins runtime, today i ran lipos to 3.58v still had some to go but since i have the thermal on the esc on it seems like it grabs good or stops the lipos at that voltage i have it set for 3.4v its fine by me as its long enough runtime. now its got my thinking 9200's mah's 2s lipos might be a little long for runtime for me though it would put 460amps compared to the 160amps i got now. have to think about that later on. i need to get a temp gun for sure soon.

I like the wheelie bar mate...looking good
    Rock n Rolla !

wife tried to get some vid yesterday but camera lens was dirty so didnt come out right too blurry. more vids coming later on maybe tomorrow if i have time. gotta program the esc a little, still getting a feeling for programming it just right for my needs.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    video looks good, mike. trucks do love to wheelies huh, good thing you have that wheelie bar on hahaha.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

yeah it does wheelie alot in that vid i had punch down to 2 only almost all the way down and timing at 0. next vid will be with punch back up to 5-7 and timing at 15 stock and see what it does then and i'll be posting temps now that i have my temp gauge finally. Glad a good friend sent me that wheelie bar took me like an hr to figure it out and get it on where it wouldnt come off. i didnt attach it to the skid plate like the new one's you see with the skid plate attached and then you put it under your stock plate i just attached it to the rear lower bumper and pushed skid plate end in the wheelie bar to keep it from moving around too much works great so far like that but will see how it does with the programming i'm gonna do now.

well went out and ran my emaxx today with the 120a wp esc hobbywing combo with xerun 4274 2000kv motor today and since i finally got my temp gauge i checked temps after the run in this vid i posted only after doing another run again that i checked temps same thing as vid and temp were-esc-95F, motor-100F, lipos-83. after running more for about 10-15mins more i checked temps again and came out as-esc 86, motor 111, lipos 86. not bad if i do say so my self. i hit ful throttle a few times only mainly was 2/3-3/4 to test out the terrian since i never ran there with the emaxx only my merv and nitro pede have been there before. next time i'll run it a little harder and longer and check temps again but think it wont be much different than this run. Gearing is 21/65 with drag brake at 5%, punch 6, brake 50%. more vids to come and testing of this system out to see what i can gear at. i have a 58t spur maybe after i see all out what temps are with this setup i might give that a try but overall i think it geared just right so i can wheelie full throttle but still control it without too much torque. there are some small jumps there but they put some dirt hills there that are in the way now so maybe next time i go they will be gone i hope.

Edit: sorry about the crummy vid quality was with my phone wife's phone takes alot better vid than this and clear too but cant seem to upload on her's very well maybe next time.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 09-14-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Got to run my EMBE again today this time on road and got to take a couple vids as well. Vid 1 was running for about 10mins then vid 2 was another 10mins and after stopping vid i took temps and motor 114, esc 101, lipos 93-94 not bad for 3/4 throttle and i did this time hit full throttle wish i would have got the massive wheelie i did before vids were taken, man it peeled out bad and almost went over wheelie bar with wheels balloning like crazy almost pizza cutters lol. total runtime this time i got 40mins but when i got home i checked lipos and they were at 3.75v per cell 7.50v thought that was weird but i remembered that when the lipos are under load they are lower and when load is off they rise back up again guess thats what happened. I have LVC set at 3.4v think i will put it at 3.3-3.2v per cell because of the load but cant decide if i want to do that i dont want my lipos going too low.
    vids uploading rihgt now kinda slow will post with those in a few mins
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 09-20-2012 at 05:26 PM.

awesome run there buddy, pretty wide parking lot for just you running around, i might have to stop by and run with you lol.

yeah its big with a couple drain ditch's which i tried to stay away from but looked over at the cop sitting in his car across the dirt lot there and went into one and jump out getting 2 ft air nice and landed soft with the preload spacers i added thick i have to add a little more and maybe change out the shock oil in the rear only.
    Hey stop by anytime i live 4 blocks from there lol. next i plan to run in the dirt lot there church owns it i think and the grass been cut though it dead.
    I get 3/4 throttle there but not full speed though as i have to let the wheelies down

Got another vid today but this time my wife was driving and i was recording. In the vid you can see the speed bumps they put in now with the remodel of our place. She jumped the emaxx first but i even have jumped it since July lol bummer i was hoping to jump it first but she beat me to it this time. You can see how she drives over me and she does not like to use the brake. Before this run i ran 8mins then she ran for about 10mins then i ran another 20mins with lipos at 3.75v per cell for 2s still left in them. temps during her run in the vid were 111 motor, 98 esc, 90 lipos. mine after was-123 motor, 107 esc, 96 lipos after running constant for 40mins about. not bad think i dont need to monitor temps much right now with my gearing unless i'm off roading but on road even with hard take offs, wheelies, braking alot i still get those temps.

Edit: you can hear me not happy i didnt get to jump first LOL. Contractor was still here so was watching out incase his truck caome by.
    Vid:
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 09-26-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    Gearing is 21/65 with drag brake at 5%, punch 6, brake 50%.
    How is that drag brake working out for you while bashing? I only use drag brake when I am burning my truck on a track...I don't like the way it slows down my truck every time I let go of the throttle while out bashing .
    Rock n Rolla !

its working out ok dont notice it much at 5% only it just slows it down just a slight amount only to lesses the full amount of braking i have the brake at 50% only and today i hit them and front flipped and skided a couple feet on the lid sucked but ooh well at that brake % its just right i just have to remember to not apply fully. i use to have the drag brake at 10% and was a little too much increased temps alot i even tried higher and temps went up more i dont see any difference really with the drag brake at 5% only temps went up about 3-5F only.

RC Qualifier
    its working out ok dont notice it much at 5% only it just slows it down just a slight amount only to lesses the full amount of braking i have the brake at 50% only and today i hit them and front flipped and skided a couple feet on the lid sucked but ooh well at that brake % its just right i just have to remember to not apply fully. i use to have the drag brake at 10% and was a little too much increased temps alot i even tried higher and temps went up more i dont see any difference really with the drag brake at 5% only temps went up about 3-5F only.
    Hi Mike, you may already have done this, but I set my brake curve to exponential via Castle Link and I found this to be the best thing to prevent the old Emaxx front flip under braking. I have 0% drag brake and brake % @ 40% and I am now able to really hit the brakes if needed and the truck stays on its wheels and comes to a dead stop without any perceptible "delay".
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

Have you tried setting your braking at 35 or 40%...it will stop the front flips and you can be a bit more heavy handed on the brakes. I forget that you are not running the CC motor and Mamba ESC.

As long as it working for you...
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Have you tried setting your braking at 35 or 40%...it will stop the front flips and you can be a bit more heavy handed on the brakes. I forget that you are not running the CC motor and Mamba ESC.

As long as it working for you...
    I am looking at the programing card and I see that the brake % is set in 1/4's. 1 is 25% and 2 is 50%...are you able to customise these settings? I suppose 25% is to low for a big heavy truck like the eMaxx ; and what about initial brake force...does setting it on 3 which is 20% make a difference?

I am yet to use my EZRUN setup...probably in the next couple months .
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 09-26-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    Hi Mike, you may already have done this, but I set my brake curve to exponential via Castle Link and I found this to be the best thing to prevent the old Emaxx front flip under braking. I have 0% drag brake and brake % @ 40% and I am now able to really hit the brakes if needed and the truck stays on its wheels and comes to a dead stop without any perceptible "delay".
    I dont have castle i have the hobbywing system and i dont have the castle link programming either. I can reduce the braking a little more but i think i'm on with it at 50%.

Today i had a little heavy hand on the brake only because cars kept coming in all the time so i had to brake and turn

I am looking at the programing card and I see that the brake % is set in 1/4's. 1 is 25% and 2 is 50%...are you able to customise these settings? I suppose 25% is to low for a big heavy truck like the eMaxx ; and what about initial brake force...does setting it on 3 which is 20% make a difference?

I am yet to use my EZRUN setup...probably in the next couple months .
    I've tried 25% and was too low for me going into the 40's. initial brake force i have messed with yet so not sure if that would be good or not.

I've tried 25% and was too low for me going into the 40's. initial brake force i have messed with yet so not sure if that would be good or not.
    As far as I understand from the instructions it is the amount of braking initially applied before full force takes over...I think .

Maybe you should try with initial brake set on 20% and full brake force on 50% and disable drag brake; see how you go. I will be curious to know as I need to do this exercise when I get my new truck built .
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 09-26-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

I'll give it a try maybe tomorrow if i can run it again, thanks for the info as well. these systems can really be set different ways i'm seeing i've tried punch down to 3 and did notice it slow like that real soft on take off and highest i've set was 7 i might give 9 a try but at 7 i can barely control if i slam throttle down for 3 secs. I need to add a little more preload to rear and check shocks out as i think they need oil so i will clean out old oil and put 50wt i think thats what i have if i dont run it tomorrow and i need to adjust toe and chamber on it jus a little on all 4's. other than that lvc works great on the sc8 so far when underload like 3/4 throttle the lvc kicks in and when testing lipos they are at about 3.6v per cell on average for both lipos i have, lvc set for 3.4v

well didnt get to get out today and run the emaxx with hose settings as i had to go out of town for a bit and there working on our place no water here for half day so far and house needed cleaning.

so mike, got any update......did you get to run it again finally??!!!!!!

heres mine doing lots of wheelie LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN-xi...&feature=g-upl

nope havent had a chance to run it either i am working, appointments, cleaning house, waiting or going to lawyer or dealing with these owners at our apartments here. HASSLE let me tell you with them trying to raise rent 135% on us others will see 300%+ on their rent.

Other note though been getting some ideas i have a harness for hooking up headlights either i can power from a 9v or a 4cell AA pack. may look into it after i sell my N-Pede. I have over 1 gallon of fuel still but i dont see my self using it not till spring and not even sure i will be here 100% at that time so the extra maintaince right now would not work out. i have to pay 8K in 15months (my car) starting this month Oct. with selling my pede i can get the merv back up, charger, maybe set the rest aside incase i break something hope not though. I might try and get it out tomorrow after Doctor appt since i need to really relax before work the next day.

As far as I understand from the instructions it is the amount of braking initially applied before full force takes over...I think .

Maybe you should try with initial brake set on 20% and full brake force on 50% and disable drag brake; see how you go. I will be curious to know as I need to do this exercise when I get my new truck built .
    you nkow i tried this last time i ran my emaxx this last week with initial brake set at 20% and full brake at 50% but i didnt disable drag brake instead what i did was upped it to 10% (airhead me) LOL but i did notice it brake better jsut the drag brake got in the way for me and i didnt take my program card outside with me and didnt want to go in and get it so i left it and when jumping over that speed bump this time i let off throttle and forward it went landing on the lid and skidding about 30ft ooh well next time i know i will take off drag brake or set it at 5% like it was seemed to work good but leave the initial brake there.

you nkow i tried this last time i ran my emaxx this last week with initial brake set at 20% and full brake at 50% but i didnt disable drag brake instead what i did was upped it to 10% (airhead me) LOL but i did notice it brake better jsut the drag brake got in the way for me and i didnt take my program card outside with me and didnt want to go in and get it so i left it and when jumping over that speed bump this time i let off throttle and forward it went landing on the lid and skidding about 30ft ooh well next time i know i will take off drag brake or set it at 5% like it was seemed to work good but leave the initial brake there.
    Good to know mate...I haven't got round to finishing my build yet; if I have any questions in the future I will come asking .
    Rock n Rolla !

Good to know mate...I haven't got round to finishing my build yet; if I have any questions in the future I will come asking .
    anytime i'll be around here, waiting to get some free time sometime to go out and take better vid with my wife's phone since its 720p and gets alot better vid over at the river park either the trail there or empty lot i took some vid before i think i post a couple weeks ago this time going over more in to where the small jumps are there are bigger but think they are going to start a new project expanding the trail for about 5-10miles to the next town that will be fun along the river for a emaxx, summit, e revo which i have 2 of the 3 being the e revo 1/16 lol but still fun.

Im gonna put the throttle punch at 9 and see how it goes lol might not be able to control it though so i'm taking program card with me this time.

anytime i'll be around here, waiting to get some free time sometime to go out and take better vid with my wife's phone since its 720p and gets alot better vid over at the river park either the trail there or empty lot i took some vid before i think i post a couple weeks ago this time going over more in to where the small jumps are there are bigger but think they are going to start a new project expanding the trail for about 5-10miles to the next town that will be fun along the river for a emaxx, summit, e revo which i have 2 of the 3 being the e revo 1/16 lol but still fun.

Im gonna put the throttle punch at 9 and see how it goes lol might not be able to control it though so i'm taking program card with me this time.
    That's the way...I will watch this space for your vids...Take the card, nothing worse than making an adjustment and you can't change it. I've been guilty of that many times.

Have a blast mate
    Rock n Rolla !

to tell you the truth i take my whole rc tool box with me when i go there since sometimes i take my nitro pede with me or if i break something and i know i can just take it off and put a new a arm fast or fix wheelie bar if needed stuff like that. i can even fit my charger in there on the bottom (fishing tackle box with 7 shelves) and charge from my car 1:1 power inverter with 15amp fuse 150w's so i can charge another set or charge the packs again and use another car lol be there all day since i dont have more lipos for my maxx yet. still working on charger.

I cant stand it leaving without something i go thinking i should have taken this or that with me like the program card.

Work tomorrow again and maybe the next day again i hope need it and maybe thrusday day off and i might get to run my emaxx again if not there then at my church but this time the dirt lot in front cant wait.

RC Champion
    + 1 I always seem to break something it's nice to have pelican cases to store the goodies in

alright got to run emaxx today the way i have been wanting to run free access without people around bothering me when i am running . i took some vids havent checked them just yet but they will be uploading in a couple mins here so i'll post them up. 2 are uploaded now. got some good offroading in i hope it came in clear and can see it.

IN these vids i had the settings the same except: punch (9), drag brake (0), initial brake (20%), Brake (50%) and esc lvc (3.4) which gave me about 40mins runtime and esc stopped me at 3.59v per cell which is fine by me anyways happy getting 30mins or more runtime. I think next time i am gonna put drag brake at (5%) braking was a little difficult as you might see it flip over a few times if i caught it on vids. I need to add a little more pre load to the shocks or add some blue springs i have in the rear back 2nd row shocks to stiffen up just a bit.

http://youtu.be/wWdj4S83bt4
    http://youtu.be/7zD8jHSuyWI
    http://youtu.be/3NsW5NFZgFA
    http://youtu.be/gsaRxeZID3I

excuse the poor quality of the vids i had the blackberry this time i intended to use my wifes droid but she rarely puts it down so this was my only option this time and i have the otterbox on it w/clip so i clipped it to the front of the tx and took the vids like that not knowing what i was getting haha wasnt sure if i even got any of it since the clip/holster has a back to it so i can see the screen and i figured if i point the tx at the emaxx it should get it got some and not some. was windy today and kicking up dirt everywhere was nice

that lake looks like a good place to run my spartan, mike.

that river goes for miles and miles i think up stream about 40miles then down stream about another 40miles or more. We have a trail i might do next time its about 1/2 mile long then there trying to build another trail going down stream for about 5miles or more which will be fun. anytime bring the spartan over just watch out for the patchs of land

Nice...is the initial brake grooving itself useful now .
    Rock n Rolla !