View Poll Results: Who likes my thread LOL :-)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 75.00%
  • NO

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ok cool the leads are the same as the sky lipos and they are soft casing i would get hard case but its ok.

another question would you choose MAH over C rating or C over MAH? i cant seem to choose though the obivous to me would be more C i guess. the difference in MAH would be 1000mah and difference in C would be 20C.

Would i notice a big drop in runtime with that 1000mah drop? the one with a higher MAH has less C and the one with higher C has less MAH.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 06-15-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Give me the mah and C rating of both. Need to know more info.

5000/20c-30c which i know is only 100amps and 4000mah/40c-50c.

RC Qualifier
    I'd go with the 4000mah. It will give you a little less runtime but can handle a bigger load with less stress on the battery. The advantage is it weighs less. Less weight is a good thing.

ok cool i'll be going with that then thats the size i posted a few posts ago. thank you will order tonight or tomorrow early

well i went with these: ***** ********* 4000mAh 2S1P 40C will see how they do, i weighed out the cost,runtime,amps and these seemed to be good for what i want and i got a 5% off and 2-3days shipping. any experience with these people? the merv size are good i hear hoping this size works good.

Got my emaxx today a little dirty mainly on the diffs like small rocks with salt looking things but cleaned now will post pics later on when I get on my laptop. Will be taking more pics when I install power system.

RC poster
    ok, im kinda stumped here, which would you say is the better bang for your buck and overall better rc, the e-maxx brushless or e-revo brushless? idk which one to buy? help

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by russiandubz View Post
    ok, im kinda stumped here, which would you say is the better bang for your buck and overall better rc, the e-maxx brushless or e-revo brushless? idk which one to buy? help
    E revo brushless. Way more durable.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

well i havent used my emaxx yet and havent had a e revo either but i have used a tmaxx a bit and its alot the same thing just nitro and my merv is durable as well though being small as it is. both are nice and have a benefit. go by what you are going to use it for and cash price wise if that is any issue. mine was so i went with the emaxx brushless.

here's my EMBE along with my others merv+nitro pede.

Power system came same day today fast shipping from china took 4days to get here from when i ordered it now thats fast. i had to go pick up emaxx then go back again like 2hrs later to pick up power system and sign custom forms. here's pics and installed.

Only thing left is my lipos being here 20th and programming the esc into reverse which i tried quickly but dont think it saves it though. tried it with a small nimh and just barely hit the throttle and it turned ok fan came on. fits perfect. site i ordered from rcecho.com is legit and fast shipping if you choose the express goes USPS-Express mail to you and its fast once you track it and its at customs expect it the same day or next more likely what happened to me.

RC Champion
    Looking nice. Is your wife still making you wait untill august?
    Looks almost brand new.
    What brushless system did you get and how much was it?
    My motors just burnt out and i can't decide to save for brushless or just get brushed then some lipos or something.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

yup still waiting, i worked on it all day yesterday since like 9am cleaning and taking it apart. i didnt expect the power system same day as i was just at the post office that same morning wish they would have told me it was there but guess i had to go back again in a few hrs. i thought mail carrier brought it since she was down the road but nope it was a special delivery i guess here for express mail. then i had to solder bullet connector on esc and traxxas plug then find mounting screws for system.

My whole brushless system costed 166.50 shipped express from rcecho.com its this one: http://www.rcecho.com/HOBBYWING-XERU...mbo-ME222.html
    though this would be better for the esc+LCD program box you get.
    http://www.rcecho.com/HOBBYWING-XERU...ard-ME237.html
    well worth the extra 20.00 in price but i couldnt get that at the time. by the way i picked up the pinion gear also a 21T hobbywing they sell also because it doesnt come with one. they shipped fast i ordered 11th and shipped out 12th and got it on the 18th saturday now that is fast for shipping from china half way across the world. express shipping is about 24.50 which is worth it if you dont have a power system for the meantime to wait the 2-4 weeks for standard mailing which is 16.80 so the extra 8.00 for express is worth every penny spent.

You can tell its been used but not abused thats for sure. the skids have some scraps and the front a arms but not bad and thats about it. he gave me an extra body the black one that he didnt mention came with it so that was nice.

RC Champion
    Sweet.
    Bummer you have to wait
    I can't wait to see this thing in action.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

me too i want to see it in action. action will be shot in the mountains for sure when i open it up.

meant to say when i open it back up in August, right now its sitting there open in the closet but told my wife i would not use it anymore and she gave me all day to fix, clean and install everything i wanted in it. i'll be taking 4 lipos, 2nimh, charger, emaxx, merv, tool box w/parts, tx's and whatever else i can fit in the car along with everything else for 3 weeks vacation. There's a huge Lake Called Shaver Lake blue water looking up there where we will be hiking wish i had a boat to run there would be nice.

When i opened and took Emaxx out it was heavy alot heavier than my nitro pede even with fuel in it and all. now with the power system it weights alot more and then the lipos man this thing is heavy. wouldnt want to carry it aroung like blocks away to run it thats for sure.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    meant to say when i open it back up in August, right now its sitting there open in the closet but told my wife i would not use it anymore and she gave me all day to fix, clean and install everything i wanted in it. i'll be taking 4 lipos, 2nimh, charger, emaxx, merv, tool box w/parts, tx's and whatever else i can fit in the car along with everything else for 3 weeks vacation. There's a huge Lake Called Shaver Lake blue water looking up there where we will be hiking wish i had a boat to run there would be nice.

When i opened and took Emaxx out it was heavy alot heavier than my nitro pede even with fuel in it and all. now with the power system it weights alot more and then the lipos man this thing is heavy. wouldnt want to carry it aroung like blocks away to run it thats for sure.
    Sweet. Ya they are way heavy. I hate when im bashing like 200 yards from my house and it dies and i have to carry it back.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Champion
    I really like the black body to
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    If that is the xerun 2000kv 4274 motor, you will LOVE it! I run that and it is a beast.
    KNEE INJURIES HURT !!!

RC Champion
    I just got my tacon 2150kv motor in today. I can't wait to test it now I just need someone to buy my old truck from the MP so I can get my ESC

Quote Originally Posted by minirevobasher View Post
    I really like the black body to
    yeah same here thats the one i am going to use for road&off road since the lid is scratched up and dented on the back a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang63.1 View Post
    If that is the xerun 2000kv 4274 motor, you will LOVE it! I run that and it is a beast.
    yup its the XE RUN motor. i was going to get the 4482 leopard motor rated 4-9s lipo but thought this was cheaper since i would get the program card and be able to use the 120a esc instead of having to buy the 150a esc and the motor and card. made out good. tested it just for a few secs last night and sounded good just didnt go in Reverse is all i have to program it i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    I just got my tacon 2150kv motor in today. I can't wait to test it now I just need someone to buy my old truck from the MP so I can get my ESC
    Thats the motor i first found or the leopard same thing for 65.95 at hobbypartz. nice motor too.

if you were to buy the system i got at hobbypartz you would pay like 225 shipped for it which i got it for way less than that expressed shipped 4days. so far money well spent until i try it out then i will see how it performs.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    thats a good looking used EMBE mike. you have everything now, now its time to get that thing dirty, lol. post us some video when you get everything situated. i also like the black body.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

Thanks will take pics and it will get dirty we have a huge property were staying at and have a dirty circle around the front of the house and a rock drive way with a paved road going down the hill like 800ft down if you go down and look up its probably about 900ft from the bottom were the stop sign is. part of being on vacation in the sierra national forest i guess . i plan on running it for the whole day if i can like at 8am have the lipos charged early like at 6am then be out there at 8 and come back in to charge again hope to get atleast 2 runs a day with the emaxx the merv my wife might drive first time being in the mountains with lipos this year so it will fly going up and down that hill.

We have a spot where we can over look Fresno up there nice view too with the lights.

what weight diff oil is best for road and semi off road use? i dont jump my trucks more and i'll be using 4s on this. shock oil too please. thanks

RC Qualifier
    Looking good Mike. I like how the mounting plate for the ESC bolts right up.

Your 120 amp ESC is waterproof . The 150 amp isn't.

Kind of weird you didn't have reverse. I pulled my SC8 from the box, hooked it up, and it worked perfect. Nothing needed to be programmed and it had reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    Looking good Mike. I like how the mounting plate for the ESC bolts right up.

Your 120 amp ESC is waterproof . The 150 amp isn't.

Kind of weird you didn't have reverse. I pulled my SC8 from the box, hooked it up, and it worked perfect. Nothing needed to be programmed and it had reverse.
    Thanks LD, anxious to run it getting lipos today or i should be the PO said its here in town waiting for the POC now as i have missed all the deliveries this month some how.

yeah making me wonder if i should pull it out again and try to program to make sure it does have reverse on it. i noticed that too the 150a is not waterproof 1 of the reasons i went with the 120a esc. yeah i tried to use the MMM mounting bracket but that was a little big so it came with the mounting plate and 2 sided sticky tape so i centered that and the mounting plate and used from nitro engine mounting screws to hold it down and used it on the motor too to mount it on the motor plate worked great.

RC Qualifier
    Ya if you overheat the xerun 4274 in an emaxx with not overkill gearing, you jave accomplished something. I was running 25/65 in an flm maxx with big joes and never had any heat issues after a full run but i am running 1/8 diffs. Fyi, i was almost able to do a full standing backflip on 4s with the big joes
    KNEE INJURIES HURT !!!

i highly doubt i will over heat this motor maybe the esc might get hot not sure though, hope i get enough cash or gift cards to pick up a temp gauge and other stuff.

Got my lipos today doesnt fit too great on the width wise or the height. i am gonna get some foam or a velcro strap to hold them down.
    Pics:

RC Champion
    Sweet. I think i got my temp gage at harbor frieght for like $25. I am sure you can find them cheaper.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Here is my truck currently.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

I looked them up and found a pocket temp gauge for 14.99 there HF. that maxx i nice. when my a arms break i'll be getting the RPM but in black and other stuff as well. i espically like the wheels you have matches the tires good. when mine wear out i'll look into getting the trenchers 3.8's.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    I looked them up and found a pocket temp gauge for 14.99 there HF. that maxx i nice. when my a arms break i'll be getting the RPM but in black and other stuff as well. i espically like the wheels you have matches the tires good. when mine wear out i'll look into getting the trenchers 3.8's.
    I almost got some trenchers, but the lhs had these in stock. I should be getting my new body tomorrow and a wheelie bar. Then the tires and rims will really look good. I kind of wish i went with rpm black. Rpm blue is a little to light and not dark enough to my liking.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

think i'll be needing a wheelie bar also as mine didnt come with one stock out the box they do. i'll pick one up later on i guess just take it easy on throttle i hope. i took my 2.4 Link out of the merv and installed it on the truck. i'm wanting to re check esc to make sure it does go into reverse so if it doesnt then i can email company. thats why i would get the black as i have blue on my nitro pede and looks nice and all but this would be black to match the red and black bodies. not to mention the power system. time to stick some stickers on later when i go on vacation, i got castle, hobby wing, spc, traxxas.

So when are you going brushless? Minirevobasher?

RC Champion
    Ahhhhhhhhhh brushless
    I talked to traxxas today about my twin 550s and they said to send them in. They said they wren't under warranty though? I will see whats up. Hopefully they will send me new ones. The truck is only two months old.
    I probably am not going brushless for a while.
    1. I can't afford it lol
    2. I wan't to upgrade bulk heads and driveshafts first.

What are you going to run your merv with? You could just get another rx because the tqi can controll up to 20. Im sure you knew that.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

i called about my servo on my merv but ended up working ok. brushless is nice but i dont mind brushed at all, i started back into the hobby with a brushless/brushed 4t motor on a rc10ls. fast road car on 6cell nimh. had a wierd esc too.
    its a no name i cant seem to find it anywhere think the guy i bought this from made the reciever+heat sink into one unit some how. worked great but just gave out one day. (hope its not against the rules to post that pic)

Yeah i knew i could get another rx link but i dont have another and if i did i wouldnt be able to run both my wife wants to run the merv while i run the emaxx so i stuck the 27am radio back into it from when i bought it.

RC Qualifier
    It could be that it wasn't calibrated to the radio correctly and that might be why you don't have reverse. I'd check it out to make sure it's working like it should.

My SC8 came with flathead screws to secure the mounting plate to the bottom of the ESC and that bolted to my 3906 or 3908 chassis with included button head screws. No double sided tape needed. Wonder if they changed it?

I'd get some high density foam to go under the lipos for the stock hold downs. Did you get two sets of hold downs? The truck comes with a taller and shorter strap for different size batteries.
    Another thing to watch out for is the soft cased lipos leads. Be careful they don't get worn from the battery tray cutting into them.

RC Champion
    Oh i see. I am really surprised how fast brushed is out of the box with the stock batteries. I would say it is about as fast as a merv out of the box with the included battery.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    It could be that it wasn't calibrated to the radio correctly and that might be why you don't have reverse. I'd check it out to make sure it's working like it should.

My SC8 came with flathead screws to secure the mounting plate to the bottom of the ESC and that bolted to my 3906 or 3908 chassis with included button head screws. No double sided tape needed. Wonder if they changed it?

I'd get some high density foam to go under the lipos for the stock hold downs. Did you get two sets of hold downs? The truck comes with a taller and shorter strap for different size batteries.
    Another thing to watch out for is the soft cased lipos leads. Be careful they don't get worn from the battery tray cutting into them.
    well i didnt re link the rx-tx and program it for the emaxx. think i will have to do that before programing the esc.
    i wish it came with screws instead of the sticky tape it came with it has the holes but no screws. ooh well it should hold for a little while if not then i'll get some screws for it.
    I remember when i go to work i seen some foam at my grandma house think i'll pick some up. i didnt get the different straps didnt know it was suppose to have that. guess i'll put some foam on the top-ends. soft case lipo leads which are those not too clear on what your talking about there.

Minirevobasher-yeah its about as fast as the merv out of the box.

RC Qualifier
    Did you calibrate the throttle to the ESC?

The way you have the mount is fine. I like how it bolts on and off instead of ripping the ESC off the tape.

You can buy the strap set for the 3908.

The battery leads come off the side of the lipos. It's perfect for a ERevo but the E Maxx battery trays side rails can interfer with the wires. Probably best to use foam under the lipos to raise the wires up and over the side rail.

ooh ok i just plugged the esc into the rx from taking it out of my merv. i turned on the esc and just tried it like that. i will re bind and get the program car out and set it up.