View Poll Results: Who likes my thread LOL :-)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 75.00%
  • NO

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Cool Might be getting a E-Maxx Brushless Today

Like title says: My wife is looking at buying me a E-Maxx brushless edition but it needs a power system+ lipos 2s only for now. I need help locating the right power system for it, i like the MMM but its way over our budget. I've looked at hobbypartz and some other sites for 1/8 systems as i figured 1/10 wouldnt work well it might over heat i thought. So what are some good systems but not breaking the bank like MMM? i found ********* 1/8 esc+ motor for around 105.00 just not sure on how reliable it would be. havent found too much info on it around here. Emaxx will be costing me 230 and lipos would be another added price on top of that. Any help would be greatly apperciated. Thanks
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Check out the hobby wing 1/8 systems they seem popular.

the only places i know that have it are hobbypartz and nitrorcx and they are sold out. not sure a good site to use and what sites have the right systems.

RC Champion
    Have you considered a revo. They handle better, and more importantly, more durable. Broken parts = more money. Hobbywing esc/motor combos are also waterproof. Either way you go, 4 cell lipos also = less broken parts.
    Last edited by Dr.J; 06-09-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J View Post
    Have you considered a revo. They handle better, and more importantly, more durable. Broken parts = more money. Hobbywing esc/motor combos are also waterproof. Either way you go, 4 cell lipos also = less broken parts.
    yeah considered a revo just havent found one for the same price and condition i can get the e maxx for. its pretty much new slighty used just doesnt have the power system so if i were to buy an RTR used e revo it would be around 500+ what most want for them now which is over priced IMO same for the emaxx too.

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=Dr.J;5198263]Have you considered a revo. They handle better, and more importantly, more durable. Broken parts = more money. Hobbywing esc/motor combos are also waterproof. Either way you go, 4 cell lipos also = less broken parts.[/QUOTE

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! revos are way more durable!!!
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    Go on ebay and search hobbywing sc8 2700kv combo. Great combo, and half the price of a mmm.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Racer
    Used E-Maxx'es should sell fairly cheap. Don't get me wrong - I love the E-Maxx over any other MT on the market, but most push their E-Maxx over their limit, and then start complaining they break easy ending up selling them to buy an E-Revo.
    Then they discover the joy of broken diffs on the ERBE, and the pain replacing them. All trucks have weaknesses.
    A nearly bulletproof E-Maxx Brushless Edition ends up close to usd 1500$ - like mine EMBUE
    Go for it - but don't push it's limits unless you like spending and building..

nah i planned on not being to rough with it only running 4s mostly grass and road some dirt.

RC Qualifier
    i take it easy on my rc cars too and compress air clean them after every run and i have never broken a single part on my EMBE or ERBE. if you are not a retarded driver and know how to drive these trucks will take a beating.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Champion
    Well..............did you get it?
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

i am waiting for a response back i have paypal ready to be sent just need a few questions answered and paypal would be sent. its in great condition.

RC Champion
    Are you getting it off the market place?
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

nope wish i was i would have already bought by now if it was. on another site, i dont buy ebay never have maybe later on i will but no bidding cant stand bidding you know.

so i bit the bullet and bought it just 20mins ago. will be posting the embe forum now with my troubles i hope i dont have any as i dont run my too hard i hardly break anything at all on any rc i have own for the last 20yrs.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-14-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Racer
    I run a toro 2160kv motor with a toro esc. I got the combo kit for 230 and it has tons of power. It beat my buddies e revo

was wondering if you guys know if this system would work for the EMBE

http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezbrposycoc11.html

i would only be using 4s more likely. i'll be getting either gens ace or sky lipos 20-30c not sure yet though would need a little help with that also if that system works. i like the C3+C4 combos but if C2 doesnt work then i would get the C3 then. i wanted to get this motor: http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m802-4074-2150kv.html and maybe getting a hobbywing 80-120amps esc.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    was wondering if you guys know if this system would work for the EMBE

http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezbrposycoc11.html

i would only be using 4s more likely. i'll be getting either gens ace or sky lipos 20-30c not sure yet though would need a little help with that also if that system works. i like the C3+C4 combos but if C2 doesnt work then i would get the C3 then. i wanted to get this motor: http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m802-4074-2150kv.html and maybe getting a hobbywing 80-120amps esc.
    I wouldnt get less than 120 amp. I here the tacon are good budget motors, whenever u can find them in stock.
    2400/2200/4000kv

alright cool thanks for the help on the esc. guess i'll have to look at something different then maybe the C3 combo its 150amp. think i want to pick that motor up that i posted, anyone know if that would work or should i get the 2000kv? instead of the 2150kv? i dont want to pass that offer up to get a motor that would work good.

also anyone recommend a esc 120amp+ thats not too $$$ that i can use with the motor i posted?

RC Racer
    what about the sc8?

RC Qualifier
    They have the waterproof SC8 and HobbyWing motor combo at RCECHO for $144.90.

that the one i am ordering today.

RC Champion
    for my e-maxx 3903 i bought the hobbywing sensored 1800kv motor/150amp esc for 209 on ebay. i ordered from china, and i got it in eleven days. this motor is a beast even on 4s, and it can handle 6s, that i dont need to see. i am going to purchase the new sc8 for my 3906 e-maxx.

well just ordered my power system at rcecho.com should be here in the next 9days or so. i choose express which is more cash but hey i get my emaxx monday now for the lipos

RC Qualifier
    Your gona like BL power.
    For the lipos. Check out Traxxas (sold on this site), ******* **** Techs, *****, or Gen Ace. I've been using the regular ******* 5000mah 20c hardcase for over a year and they still work great with over 100 charges. About $20.00 + shipping. I'd recommend getting a higher "C" rating, say at least 25c, with that power sucking monster of a motor .

haha yeah i need the more amps atleast 125amps coming out of the battery. was thinking i seen some sky lipos 4400mah 2s 30c would work ok putting out 132amps, i looked at Gens ace and found something similar. i'll have to wait on getting lipos though as i just spent over 350+ on the truck+power system. lipos will run about 34+5.99 lipo bag+shipping.

I have a Merv brushless on 2s but its gonna be nothing like this is.

I'll have to get a better charger setup later down the road when my ac6 goes out because of charging the emaxx lipos and the merv.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 06-13-2012 at 08:57 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'd pick the Gen Ace over the Sky lipos.
    Check out the Gen Ace 5000mah 40c. Their $35.00 and the higher the "C" the better.

i would get the Gens Ace over the Sky Lipos but GensAce is not in stock alot of the time and that would be good to get more C rating. if the GensAce arent instock the ones i want then i'll look around dont really like the ***** lipos too much i wouldnt mind the ******* but shipping is hitting me all over the place like "right in the face" i paid 24.50? for express at rcecho.com just today came out to 166 not too bad all said and done for that. emaxx costed 230shipped. lipos are another thing and i like that hobbypartz.com has free shipping over 50.00 ordered. so i'll hit the 50 right on the dot to just pay tax's after that which is like 1-3 of so.

will be making another once i get to open package and take pics real quick when i get it to examine it before my wife wraps it up for my birthday all the way in AUGUST can you believe it she is going to make me wait till AUGUST i cant even take pics of the emaxx when it gets here monday except look it over to make sure nothing is broken and all is ok then it gets taped back up not to be seen till then same thing with the lipos as well but motor combo i am going to tell her i want to show it in size comparsion first before putting away so you guys can see what it looks like the monster i got. ooh yeah almost forgot gotta make sure the lipos are charged at 3.85 for storage and be ok going into the mountians at 3000ft. should be ok till then. taking both my emaxx and merv plus charger, all lipos+NIMH haha those too i guess.

RC Champion
    Ive got a side motor mount so I can run a single 4s lipo. I find it easier dealing w 1 battery at a time. I even have an extra one im not using.
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Good things come to those who wait. You're gonna love it! Perhaps while you're waiting, you can begin to gather hop-up parts?
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

haha wish i could money is gone and wife is gonna close my account if i buy something else not sure if she is going to like the price of the lipos too. guess time will tell when i have to order them.

Question---when ordering from over seas did any of you have to pay for custom fee's or anything when package got their or was it taken care of all together when ordering?

RC Qualifier
    That would kill me to wait till then. Funny that you rush shipped the combo just to have it taken away.

Do you have plugs for the lipos?

Here's a tip for later for the connectors.
    I use to buy the hardcase lipos with the wires pre attached to the battery case, like the Sky lipos your going to get. Works great but the wires hanging off all my lipos gets bulky in my firesafe and it's a fire hazzard.
    I recently stepped up to lipos with the 4mm female bullet connector soldered into the hardcase. I love it. The lipos all stack nicely with no wires dangling all over each other. The other nice thing is only one 4mm male bullet power harness is needed with the connector of your choice. Move it from one lipo to another with the 4mm male bullet plugs. Eliminates a plug for every lipo.
    The racers solder 4mm male bullet connectors on their ESC and don't even use a plug. The 4mm male bullet connector goes directly into the lipos 4mm female connector. Short and sweet .
    That was the Tip of the Day

My China orders were paid in full when I paid. I just got my order from RCECHO with regular shipping and it took about a week and a half.

yeah i thought it might take 4 weeks from them so i choose to get them sooner. was only $8.00 more from the air mail post so not too much. i dont mind the connectors that will come with the sky lipos as i have the charge plug for it but i dont have all the connectors for the lipos though i have 1 from an old stock series 1 battery out of merv i am going to use and might have another i think so those are covered and i have a spare male plug for the esc to solder on.

wondering i i have a series connector from my merv i bought that i dont use anymore-would i be able to use that to hook up the lipos in series like if it were hooked up like the stock system is?
    really dont want to have to solder that much as i am not that good, i've soldered like 4 connectors already and some other stuff but didnt come out all that great.
    I'll be getting a temp gauge next month but wont be able to use that either as its for my birthday too. though i dont think i would need to worry about temps with the motor i got being its a 6s motor and super large size. think its suppose to be the same size as the 2200kv but at 2000kv i got. i wanted and almost got the 4284 3-9s can motor but think it was way too much for the maxx hehe.

LD-i like your setup on the lipos and all but i cant spend anymore right now. the motor techinally i bought that in a sense as i am paying that off right now already paid 40.00 so far and 80 at the end of the month but there is no cash for anything right now.
    a plus is i told my wife i have to solder on connectors to the esc and test it to make sure its good and working she said yes ok but as soon as your done then its being packed back up darn. same with the lipos too.

RC Qualifier
    I knew you were'nt ready for the plug-in type battery but I figured I'd share. They are much better, IMO.

I highly wouldn't recommend using the Sky lipo type connector. When you get the lipos you'll notice one lipo battery can plug into another lipo battery. That AIN'T suppose to happen and their a fire/safety hazzard.

I'd use the Traxxas connectors (you'll have to solder them onto the lipos) with your Traxxas series connector. Use your male Traxxas plug on the ESC, connect that to the series connector and the series connector goes to the female Traxxas plugs on the lipos.

Another tip; Get at least a 60 watt or more soldering iron. Makes soldering 10 guage wire much easier.

i would and liked the info about the plug in type battery. wife got on me when i mentioned the total though just a little while ago and told her i still havent ordered the lipos but then we talked about her birthday and everything was settled.

ok i knew something was wrong with those plugs something was telling me not to use them so i'll have to make sure i have enough solder to solder those or i can just buy spc if i can with the connectors on so i dont have to solder saves me time and i can just make sure there storaged at 3.85v per cell but not sure on those either very uncertain on some things mostly price...

I like the Sky lipos only for the price and i might be able to get free shipping+lipo bag for around 54 spc on the other hand will cost 60+shipping=70? better quality i think over price. i'll have to see and weight the time.

RC Qualifier
    i would and liked the info about the plug in type battery. wife got on me when i mentioned the total though just a little while ago and told her i still havent ordered the lipos but then we talked about her birthday and everything was settled.
    That's funny. I know exactly how that goes .

ok i knew something was wrong with those plugs something was telling me not to use them so i'll have to make sure i have enough solder to solder those or i can just buy spc if i can with the connectors on so i dont have to solder saves me time and i can just make sure there storaged at 3.85v per cell but not sure on those either very uncertain on some things mostly price...
    I like the Sky lipos only for the price and i might be able to get free shipping+lipo bag for around 54 spc on the other hand will cost 60+shipping=70? better quality i think over price. i'll have to see and weight the time.
    Who sells SPC lipos? I hear you on the plugs, but it's nice to be able to solder anything with a good quality iron.

specpointbatteries.com sells them only place i know that does as of right now.

RC Qualifier
    The SPC's look like a good deal and it has a choice of Deans of Traxxas plugs which is a nice touch. Nice to pull it out of the gift wrapped box and Plug & Play .

yeah thats a huge plus on that end. i think the quality is good for the price you pay i have some for my merv and work good with the exception of 1 being unbalanced somehow from running but have held up good otherwise.

What velcro straps do people use for hold down the lipos when they are too wide? is it normal velcro rollers you buy with the sticky side or a different one? noob on this part LOL, help please on velcro strap. thank you

RC Qualifier
    The Velcro is the type the movie grips use to bundle wiring. It's hooked on one side and material on the other so it can stick to itself. They make special straps for lipos which are wider and heavy duty but are the same type Velcro.

If the lipos too wide or too long it really don't fit. The straps will help install it but you should really get one that fits. Your E Maxx should come with two sets of tie down bars. They should work for almost any common sized lipo, especially hardcase.

well this is the size i am looking at:Length-A(mm) 152
    Height-B(mm) 16
    Width-C(mm) 49

almost all of them are this size and hard cases arent in stock on sites alot. is that too wide like massive because i thought size of battery tray width is like 46mm so its 3mm over.