RC Competitor

Too good to be true?

Found a 2 Channel TQi + receiver on ebay for $49. I jumped on it for my Rusty VXL, as I want to use the iPhone app.

Price from Traxxas is more than twice that. This is a hobby dealer making the sale, and they have a bunch.

Is it too good to be true? Or did I just stumble on some good luck?

RC Racer
    There seems to be quite a few now popping up on ebay I've noticed. That does seem very cheap though for a brand new set. Most of the cheap ones seem to be what people have pulled from new trucks that they've purchased.
    Is the seller a 'chop shop'? That could explain it, if they're breaking down new models to sell as parts.

RC Competitor
    Doesn't look like it. The auction says they are "New in factory sealed packaging". They do have a ton of feedback (10's of thousands) so I'm not too concerned about the quality.

RC Racer
    That's a really good find then.
    It currently costs more than that for just a TQi receiver in the UK.

Those $49.00 TQI's usually dont have the docking base, just make sure your buying the correct TQI.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion
    Yea if it does have the telemetry docking base it's a good price. I paid $46 for my tQI off ebay

RC Champion
    I bought 3 of them with RX`s for $40 each on ebay. I had to buy the dock separate though.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Competitor
    I don't mind buying the dock separately. This one doesn't come with it. But this is the trx and receiver.

RC Champion
    It's not too good to be true then, if you watch you can get them even cheaper.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Racer
    They said that to me brand new in packaging and came in a plastic bag in mail
    2WD Slash Vxl W/ Venom 2cell LIPO 7.4v 5000Mah 20c

RC Qualifier
    I ordered my TQi brand new never used for 50 shipped from ebay. It's not the docking base one, but I dont care. Im not spending the other money on all the parts required to run the sensors. Maybe later on down the line, but not not. I had to lose the AM radio quick!!