Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Here is the video of my car on the dyno. Im only running 4.5 lbs of boost. I have parts in my closet to finish up the build for now so i can run 14 PSI and ill make a good bit more power. Car is on the back burner since i bought a house in december of 2011. http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...409_142414.mp4

nice, what did it put down?
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    195 wtq and 189whp 4.5 lbs of boost. That's not bad at all. Sohc 2.4 4g64. Ported and polished head, ported intake manifold, 60mm throttle body (stock is 52mm), balance shaft delete, 5 speed swapped, 11.2 lb flywheel, stage 3 sprung 6 Puck clutch, fmic with 2.5" piping, tubular O2 housing, 3" Turbo back exhaust, tial q 50mm non recirculated blow off valve, GM maf translator pro, zeitronix zt2 wideband with LCD display, 450cc injectors, aem methanol injection. I have a hallman boost controller and forced performance exhaust manifold sitting in the closet waiting to be put on so I can have the car tuned for 14 psi. That's when ill be making a good bit more power.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

nice, very nice, you car definately has more into it then mine lol. but mines pretty good for being a naturally aspirated 4 banger lol. mine might get to live the turbo live one day, not sure yet though.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Mine has been in the making for 8 years. It will haul for the mere 4.5 lbs of boost it runs. I miss my neon but I did total it by rear ending a Guy in an accord at 25 MPH..... before I boosted it I had al the other mods done minus injectors and fuel management and I ran a 10.32 in the 8th mile. My car is stock weight at 2776 with 18" wheels so rotating mass is killing power but whatever.. no sacrifice

Last edited by Double G; 06-20-2012 at 12:19 PM.

well i know that my car as it sits empty with no driver and an unknown amount of fuel weighs like 2,325 lbs. and ive had the car for like 9 days now lol. but yeah its a work in progress. there is some rust which makes me unhappy so im sure eventually the car will get a clean shell maybe a 2dr but not sure yet.

im rocking the 14" R/T wheels though lol

are cars are somewhat equal before the boost. because my best so far for 1/8th mile is 10.51 but ive seen the car run faster than that and ive fixed the fuel issue now as well.

what year neon did you have? its not hard to total anything really especially older vehicles. usually if an air bag goes off no matter how serious the damage they consider it totalled.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    97 white 5 speed neon. No air bags came out in my wreck lol

hmmmmm well also if it costs more to fix the vehicle then its valued at they will total it as well.

and lets be honest neons arnt very high end or expensive cars lol.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    No they aren't.. the whole front end from the bumper to the intake manifold was crushed and only at 25 MPH. The Guy I hit drove off with one scratch on his rear bumper and a broken exhaust hanger.......

yeah lol, i believe it sadly. not the safest vehicle either but i still love them for some reason. i think the newer body style neons are alot safer, but there slower to lol. and i just like the look of the 1gn style.
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    A boosted front wheel drive car isn't going to be much faster in the 1/8th mile because the extra power can make getting off the line tricky. I was whippin' up a new cobalt turbo (1/4 mile) last spring when all of the sudden he drove around me in the last 300-400 feet.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Qualifier
    My plan in the next 2 years is to awd my galant. All parts se interchangeable from a 2nd gen eclipse gsx. My HP level makes the car a blast to drive. Btw I've only driven my car on the track one time so I completely suck at track driving. When I went before I boosted was just to shut a friend up. He had a civic hatch that has some special jdm engine and I put the smack down on him pretty bad.... bad enough that when I parked after the race I didn't see him for another hour and a half! Lol

Last edited by Shadow7g; 06-18-2012 at 08:11 PM.

wow, so i passed out like right after work almost at like 6:30-7:00 and just woke up........... normally i dont even go to bed until just before midnight lol, probably the 90+ heat in the shop today lol.

anyways................

i wish i could make a neon awd that would be so awesome,
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Yea man. Awd would be awesome. I had the donor car and everything I needed to do it. Unfortunately my gf decided that she wanted it so I gave it to her. She had a talon Tsi Turbo so we just swapped engines out and now she is awd and I'm not lol

yeah i dont think i could have done that. ive seen that whole situation go bad many a times though.
    Drag It!

well, tomorrow is track day the neon is running like a... um.... unwilling date (there we go), and shes ready to make atleast a 15 something pass the car has hit 14's in the past with slicks (which i have) so 14 anything would be nice just for the bragging rights lol.

went to adjust the rear brakes today as there practically not there (when stopping) but turns out that even with new shoes in there the drums are just to worn out and i cant adjust any further. so when i get the money im going to get new drums, new adjusters, and all new hardware for about $125 with tax..........

wait ill see how cheap i can get it through work lol. didnt even think of it

wish me into the 15's though everyone!
    Drag It!

well only about 5 1/2 more hours until im at the track unleashing the beast

meanwhile the shop thermostat says its 92 but thats before you include humidity or working under and over engines
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    Get er done

15.627 was my best tonight. also ran a 15.68 and a 15.8 something. and every single pass this was launching at 1,500 rpm's only with idle only being about 900 rpms. since rear tires are 185/65R14's and fronts are only 175/65R14's im going to swap them around for a few passes next wed to see my times before i bust out the slicks

and found out the best the car has ever run to date is a 14.7 with the slicks on. so anything above and beyond that is all improvement
    Drag It!

well i need brakes on the rear, a windshield and some other minor stuff here and there.

just put my cd player in it last night since it was just laying around to find out that i have only rear speakers lol. the dash speakers have been removed and im assuming the door speakers to but i didnt pull the panel to find out yet. since my paycheck was kind of small to do brakes let alone a winshield i think i might pick up some sand paper and some flat black paint tomorrow and start doing some work! it will look better one color anyway. body has some rust so im not gonna bother making it all perfect with an actual paint job, just going to take my time and rattle can it flat black.

isnt there a spray paint that keeps rust from spreading? i would like to use some of that in the troubled areas first so hopefully the rust doesnt get any worse.
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    About 20 years ago my father coated a truck chassis in a rust preventer. After all that time and sitting outside completely uncovered there is almost no rust. It used to be darker but its flat black now. It was a brush on product so if you were to do your car, you could just use a roller. It would also hold up better than anything out of an aerosol can.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Champion
    Napa carries a product you can spray on, it converts rust into primer.

Quote Originally Posted by lubecakes View Post
    Napa carries a product you can spray on, it converts rust into primer.
    i thought there was something out there that worked pretty well even. just wanted to double check though. thinking i might go take a shower and go get me some materials and make a day of it.

and maybe go golfing................................ my brother wants to do that which i wouldnt mind either lol.
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    The stuff to check out is POR-15. Its about 35 dollars a gallon for either the preventive coating or paint. Considering the surface area a gallon of paint can cover its a much better deal than a ton of aerosol cans. Here is one project done with it.

http://www.yotatech.com/f197/541sr5s...thread-241443/
    Oderint Dum Metuant

well the painting has started. totally forgot that rust-olium makes both primor and paint that stops rust from forming. well i started on the car today. any spots were there was even a spec showing through got sanded down all the way to bare metal. then i put a few light coats of primor on it with however many coats of paint it took to cover the primor thurally. not done yet but i have 98% of passenger side done as well as part of the drivers side. let me upload some pics and ill get them up here for you guys. hard to tell cus of the lighting but it looks really good in person for the parts that are painted already.
    Drag It!

Drag It!

RC Champion
    Flat black is a good choice for anything rough.

Flat black is a good choice for anything rough.
    Agreed. I've seen some classics painted flat black. Pretty sure this is the only color that I will be able to say this about.
    The Super Derecho

yeah, i agree to. plus i love flat colors for some reason.
    Drag It!

some pics from yesterday

was going to go out and put my last 2 cans of paint down on the car as a few spots on the left need more, and the roof needs way more lol. but the weather isnt playing nice. lots of sun and all, but way to much wind with no garage
    Drag It!

ok, so verdict is the 3 cans of primor i bought was barely enough, the 9 cans of flat black wasnt enough. so i had bought 3 more...... well 2 1/2 of that is on there and it still wasnt enough on the roof and drivers side so i just bought another 3 cans to put on plus the 1/2 can i had left still. hopefully thats enough now because im not going to the drag strip because i wanted to finish painting car first. well the parts im painting right now anyway.

so once i finish that i need to get another trunk lid and paint it, a passenger fender, maybe a drivers fender as well, then i need to paint both bumpers and hood still.

atleast the other parts are still a form of black (trunk being the exception)
    Drag It!

Well, I'm 15 cans of paint in now. Some primor still showing through on the left side. Good enough for now though. When I go to paint the rest think I might wet sand it all and respray it. Doesn't look horrible though. And paint still drying but ill snap some pics and get some after its all dry as well tomorrow
    Drag It!

going to take some more pics, then work on scraping over spray off my windows........... yeah should have covered more then just the top i guess for front and back lol oh well.

after windows are scraped and mirrors are back on i might wash her and take another few pics all cleaned up
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Looks good is it flat or glossy? I did the same for my 79 malibu. Taped it up and handed the kids a can. A little runny but they had fun after wet Sanding you couldn't see the runs anymore.
    I dream of big block power...

its flat, paint was still drying in the pics which is why it looks somewhat glossy. and i havent done the whole car yet so the entire front clip and rear bumper actually are gloss black still. everything i painted was grey though.

but thanks man.
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    Hey looks really good, I would definitely look into wet-sanding it like mentioned previously though.
    Nice work. What's up with the dent in the front left fender? Pull that thing out lol.
    Matthew 7:7

im working on it man. i only have so much time a day! lol the other side fender is way worse lol
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    Haha I'm just joking, I understand. Subscribed.

RC Champion
    You could just get a pair of new fenders in that flat black e-coat, they're prbably about 50 bucks each.

RC Champion
    You could just get a pair of new fenders in that flat black e-coat, they're prbably about 50 bucks each.
    +1, good point.