Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    50mph... how to?

    Hey! new to the forums here and I am going to be purchasing a Gymkhana fiesta. HUGE ken block fan so I want this sucker asap! I am just curious as to how to get it to 50mph capabilities. I know I need another battery, but do I need a more powerful battery? or is one matching the one it comes with ok? also it says on the description that in order to achieve this speed you need the optional pinion gear and speed connector. is the speed connector just the series connector or is it something else? and which pinion gear would be best for high speed? I have never been good with gearing so I would just like some guidance. Thanks for the help!

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mike-susieq1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,825
    another stock battery like the one in the box is good, suppose to get you going at 50mph with the extra pinion in the box as well. the speed connector is the series connector. i personally like my venom 1600mah batteries better than the stock 1200mah that come with the car.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    578
    You have to be very careful if you want to run two of the stock batteries in series, there are lots of threads on here about people burning up their esc's.

    But all you need to do it is get the series connector and another identical (don't mix batteries) battery. And the pinion for higher speeds is included with the car.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    1,256
    Dont even run the stock setup, sell the motor and esc replace it with a brand new Castle 1/10 Sidewinder V2 4600kv
    On 3S it's so fast it's uncontrollable at top speed. You will run out of road before you get to full throttle



    http://cgi.ebay.com/Castle-Creations...item5adec09155

    Im running the Traxxas High Speed Pinion and a 55T Spur. Lipo is a 3S Hyperion 35C 1600mah
    Its more than any man can handle

    Oh and one more thing, dont run the Ken Block Body, get yourself a Rally or Fiesta Body that you don't mind destroying the first time you flip!!
    Last edited by djmaincheese; 03-06-2011 at 06:14 PM.

  5. #5
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    lol thanks everyone!!! i plan on making this thing even more beastly so i will take a look at all of that stuff! and i have a stampede that ill be updating so ill be on here a lot more! my stampede is from i think 1995 or so so it needs and update! lol... thanks again!!!

  6. #6
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    36
    Djmaincheese. What is the part number for your motor mount bud? I am thinking about getting a new chassis and that engine/esc combo so I can upgrade my KB.
    Slash 4x4 & KB Rally

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    1,256
    It's Traxxas Part # 7360 but you also need the new Motor Plate Part# 7380 and Gear Cover Part # 7379

    http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...s_101202_0.pdf

    Makes for a simple clean install

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Castro Valley,CA
    Posts
    123
    I ran the series connector and pinion, I didn't have enough road for it. I can't imagine running the setup posted above. For my street the stock pinion, motor, and ESC are perfect.

  9. #9
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by djmaincheese View Post
    Dont even run the stock setup, sell the motor and esc replace it with a brand new Castle 1/10 Sidewinder V2 4600kv
    On 3S it's so fast it's uncontrollable at top speed. You will run out of road before you get to full throttle



    http://cgi.ebay.com/Castle-Creations...item5adec09155

    Im running the Traxxas High Speed Pinion and a 55T Spur. Lipo is a 3S Hyperion 35C 1600mah
    Its more than any man can handle

    Oh and one more thing, dont run the Ken Block Body, get yourself a Rally or Fiesta Body that you don't mind destroying the first time you flip!!

    hiya i was wonderng what size lipo they are and the ones my friends have are to big (as in they dnt fit in the trays) also do you know where i can get a new ken block body i rolled it lol

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by bygrave2011 View Post
    do you know where i can get a new ken block body i rolled it lol
    $70 + on eBay.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,254
    if your going to get a new body every time you roll it. then you will be very poor. lol
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

  12. #12
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    31
    Just watch your drift near kurbs with dual batt and high speed pinion! Mid KB style drift flat out I clipped a kurb with the back end end tore it off! No joke, the chassis tore in two along with rear bulkhead and mid skid plate. I've not seen anything like it before! The body and shocks were all that held the rear end of the car to the rest! 1/16 rally cars at 50mph do not like kurbs.

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    693
    Your going to need to purchase the optonal higher tooth pinion (not sure the exact gearing ratio) and your probably going to need a lipo battery or a higher voltage NiMh battery than what it comes with. If you buy a lipo though your going to need to get your hands on a lipo charger. Its not difficult to do, the optional pinion can be bought at a local hoppy store or on ebay for less than $5 but the lipo battery with the charger can be pretty costly. For a decent battery and a decent chager your going to be looking at a minimum $120. Like I said though, very easy to do as long as you have the funds
    Rustler VXL
    Two Slash 4x4 VXL's
    Spartan Boat

  14. #14
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_jarvis View Post
    Just watch your drift near kurbs with dual batt and high speed pinion! Mid KB style drift flat out I clipped a kurb with the back end end tore it off! No joke, the chassis tore in two along with rear bulkhead and mid skid plate. I've not seen anything like it before! The body and shocks were all that held the rear end of the car to the rest! 1/16 rally cars at 50mph do not like kurbs.
    I did the exact same thing! Literally snapped the chassis like a twig and tore the rear bulkhead in half. The center skid plate broke, too. Crazy.

  15. #15
    RC poster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3
    im running the high speed gear and a 3s 1300mah and its doing well over 65mph. i havent clocked it but compared to my nitro 2.5 4-tec its toe to toe with it both in accel. and top speed, mind you my 4-tec is not stock i have put 3.3 to shame. the only problem with the 3s and the high speed gear its esc heating. i did reply a post around here that had to do with this problem and what i did to solve it.

  16. #16
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    1,677
    Unless your on a big-block setup, I HIGHLY doubt your getting anywhere near 60mph. They are un-stable enough at 30-40mph I dont see you going much faster than 50. Sorry.
    Everything overpowered...

  17. #17
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    la mirada
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    another stock battery like the one in the box is good, suppose to get you going at 50mph with the extra pinion in the box as well. the speed connector is the series connector. i personally like my venom 1600mah batteries better than the stock 1200mah that come with the car.
    i run thunder power 1750 and they are so fast i have 2 with the splitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •