RC poster

50mph... how to?

Hey! new to the forums here and I am going to be purchasing a Gymkhana fiesta. HUGE ken block fan so I want this sucker asap! I am just curious as to how to get it to 50mph capabilities. I know I need another battery, but do I need a more powerful battery? or is one matching the one it comes with ok? also it says on the description that in order to achieve this speed you need the optional pinion gear and speed connector. is the speed connector just the series connector or is it something else? and which pinion gear would be best for high speed? I have never been good with gearing so I would just like some guidance. Thanks for the help!

another stock battery like the one in the box is good, suppose to get you going at 50mph with the extra pinion in the box as well. the speed connector is the series connector. i personally like my venom 1600mah batteries better than the stock 1200mah that come with the car.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    You have to be very careful if you want to run two of the stock batteries in series, there are lots of threads on here about people burning up their esc's.

But all you need to do it is get the series connector and another identical (don't mix batteries) battery. And the pinion for higher speeds is included with the car.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Champion
    Dont even run the stock setup, sell the motor and esc replace it with a brand new Castle 1/10 Sidewinder V2 4600kv
    On 3S it's so fast it's uncontrollable at top speed. You will run out of road before you get to full throttle

http://cgi.ebay.com/Castle-Creations...item5adec09155

Im running the Traxxas High Speed Pinion and a 55T Spur. Lipo is a 3S Hyperion 35C 1600mah
    Its more than any man can handle

Oh and one more thing, dont run the Ken Block Body, get yourself a Rally or Fiesta Body that you don't mind destroying the first time you flip!!
    Last edited by djmaincheese; 03-06-2011 at 06:14 PM.

RC poster
    lol thanks everyone!!! i plan on making this thing even more beastly so i will take a look at all of that stuff! and i have a stampede that ill be updating so ill be on here a lot more! my stampede is from i think 1995 or so so it needs and update! lol... thanks again!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Djmaincheese. What is the part number for your motor mount bud? I am thinking about getting a new chassis and that engine/esc combo so I can upgrade my KB.
    Slash 4x4 & KB Rally

RC Champion
    It's Traxxas Part # 7360 but you also need the new Motor Plate Part# 7380 and Gear Cover Part # 7379

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...s_101202_0.pdf

Makes for a simple clean install

RC Racer
    I ran the series connector and pinion, I didn't have enough road for it. I can't imagine running the setup posted above. For my street the stock pinion, motor, and ESC are perfect.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djmaincheese View Post
    Dont even run the stock setup, sell the motor and esc replace it with a brand new Castle 1/10 Sidewinder V2 4600kv
    On 3S it's so fast it's uncontrollable at top speed. You will run out of road before you get to full throttle

http://cgi.ebay.com/Castle-Creations...item5adec09155

Im running the Traxxas High Speed Pinion and a 55T Spur. Lipo is a 3S Hyperion 35C 1600mah
    Its more than any man can handle

Oh and one more thing, dont run the Ken Block Body, get yourself a Rally or Fiesta Body that you don't mind destroying the first time you flip!!

hiya i was wonderng what size lipo they are and the ones my friends have are to big (as in they dnt fit in the trays) also do you know where i can get a new ken block body i rolled it lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bygrave2011 View Post
    do you know where i can get a new ken block body i rolled it lol
    $70 + on eBay.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Champion
    if your going to get a new body every time you roll it. then you will be very poor. lol
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Enthusiast
    Just watch your drift near kurbs with dual batt and high speed pinion! Mid KB style drift flat out I clipped a kurb with the back end end tore it off! No joke, the chassis tore in two along with rear bulkhead and mid skid plate. I've not seen anything like it before! The body and shocks were all that held the rear end of the car to the rest! 1/16 rally cars at 50mph do not like kurbs.

RC Qualifier
    Your going to need to purchase the optonal higher tooth pinion (not sure the exact gearing ratio) and your probably going to need a lipo battery or a higher voltage NiMh battery than what it comes with. If you buy a lipo though your going to need to get your hands on a lipo charger. Its not difficult to do, the optional pinion can be bought at a local hoppy store or on ebay for less than $5 but the lipo battery with the charger can be pretty costly. For a decent battery and a decent chager your going to be looking at a minimum $120. Like I said though, very easy to do as long as you have the funds
    Rustler VXL
    Two Slash 4x4 VXL's
    Spartan Boat

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_jarvis View Post
    Just watch your drift near kurbs with dual batt and high speed pinion! Mid KB style drift flat out I clipped a kurb with the back end end tore it off! No joke, the chassis tore in two along with rear bulkhead and mid skid plate. I've not seen anything like it before! The body and shocks were all that held the rear end of the car to the rest! 1/16 rally cars at 50mph do not like kurbs.
    I did the exact same thing! Literally snapped the chassis like a twig and tore the rear bulkhead in half. The center skid plate broke, too. Crazy.

RC poster
    im running the high speed gear and a 3s 1300mah and its doing well over 65mph. i havent clocked it but compared to my nitro 2.5 4-tec its toe to toe with it both in accel. and top speed, mind you my 4-tec is not stock i have put 3.3 to shame. the only problem with the 3s and the high speed gear its esc heating. i did reply a post around here that had to do with this problem and what i did to solve it.

RC Champion
    Unless your on a big-block setup, I HIGHLY doubt your getting anywhere near 60mph. They are un-stable enough at 30-40mph I dont see you going much faster than 50. Sorry.
    Everything overpowered...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    another stock battery like the one in the box is good, suppose to get you going at 50mph with the extra pinion in the box as well. the speed connector is the series connector. i personally like my venom 1600mah batteries better than the stock 1200mah that come with the car.
    i run thunder power 1750 and they are so fast i have 2 with the splitter