RC Enthusiast

Revo 3.3 tuning issues

Ok so I got this 3.3 used. It runs pretty good on highspeed. It idles ok once ran a little bit I have tried turning the LSN all kinds of ways. It's running rich on the bottom end. And I can't get it to lean out enough. If you let it idle a bit them try taking off it bogs till it burns up all the excess fuel then it's great on top end and semi good on bottom end. I know it's rich because just putting around till it dies. The muffler fills will fuel.

RC Qualifier
    Your low end needle may be too rich. Start back at factory settings, then start tuning again. This always works for me.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Enthusiast
    I dont think you read it right. I have turned the LSN. All the way in up to 4 out. It changes a little but still too much fuel.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SYN'Z-E-revo View Post
    I dont think you read it right. I have turned the LSN. All the way in up to 4 out. It changes a little but still too much fuel.
    I see, my bad. What glow plug are you running and what kind of condition?

RC Enthusiast
    Well I had one in it today and it finally killed it. So it has a brand new one in it. And I got it running good with it. But still have the rich low end.

RC Qualifier
    Well I had one in it today and it finally killed it. So it has a brand new one in it. And I got it running good with it. But still have the rich low end.
    Hmmmm....have you taken the carb apart? Your low speed needle could be leaking and need new o-rings. Any fuel gunk on the carb or engine?

RC Enthusiast
    No. I'm gonna spray everything out to where it's dry. Take carb off. Reset to factory settings. And start over. Then see where it's at.

RC Champion
    You have to start with the lsn 2 turns out. 4 turns is way too rich.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier
    Or your LSN is stripped. If those check out, put carb back to factory settings:
    HSN = 4 full turns countercockwise from fully closed
    LSN = top of needle even/flush with housing (see owners manual for pics.)
    Idle screw = 0.7mm-1.0mm gap from the wall of the carb to the carb slide when closed (usually the width of a standard sized paper clip)

Only tune with a half tank of fuel, this helps compensate for the leaning as the fuel level drops.

No. I'm gonna spray everything out to where it's dry. Take carb off. Reset to factory settings. And start over. Then see where it's at.
    I wrote this up a couple years ago, it's been used and viewed over 70,000 times... If the issue is your tune this might help with the tuning issue..

If there is a stripped HSN, or a crack in the HSN housing, if the o-rings are not seated right, you will have a tuning nightmare... But those HSN threads do strip very easily from cross threading most times...
    Best way to test this is with the engine running spray some WD-40 at the base of the carb, if the idle changes, there's a leak in the body of the carb, or a problem in the HSN housing like I stated....

Here's that write up,, hopefully it will help.. Best way to tune the LSN is with the pinch test,,, it's in the write up as well.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread....&goto=newpost
    I hope it's just a simple tuning issue, but also go over your head bolts, especially newer engines, they sometimes back off a little with cooling and heating up with running... Tighten them in a star pattern like a 1:1 car tire.

Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Enthusiast
    Nothing is stripped. I just tore everything down. Head, carb, everything. Cleaned it all, etc. just now got it reassembled. I'll try running it today. I got everything set back to factory.