RC poster

Dual Pick Up Rudder

I just bought a spartan it will be here on monday. I already purchased some aftermarket parts. When you run a second cooling line off the rudder into the transom, do you just drill a hole and stick the tube through? Or do you put a fitting on the transom? Thanks.

RC Racer
    I use fittings on mine. But you can just drill a tight hole for the line. You will know what I mean when you get your boat and pull the stock line! Lol. I bought thru hull fittings at my LHS for couple of bucks a piece. Personally I'd go with fittings!

RC poster
    Thanks, I'll go with the fittings.

RC Qualifier
    I just drilled a hole next to the stock one. Make sure you do not drill to big. You want a good snug fit like the stock hole. I then use a much larger bit and by hand I make a small flair on the outside and inside. This way there is no sharp edge to cut the hose.

RC Champion
    You really want to limit water flow restriction ans for every connection you make you will add restriction to water flow.
    Fittings are nice but I believe what SJS has said is the preferred way to go.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    I agree with orca and Sjs cause that wat I'll be doing

RC Racer
    I don't know about thet since I went from stock waterlines to bigger ones you can noticeably see much more water coming out the outlet.