RC Qualifier

Cool Newbie to the forum with a snap on spartan

Hey guys I'm a newbie to this forum but not to traxxas or RCs. I just got a spartan snap on edition yesterday and have already purchased hopups. Go easy with me cause I'm only 12. I've got the xtra trim tabs, a kinetec rudder, a kinetec cooling jacket, a dual water pick up thingy for the side of the boat, a splash guard and some xtra tube. I would like to know if I should get trim tab adjusters or any other hop ups.Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Congrats on the new Spartan Gecko, and welcome to the Spartan forum.

Sounds like you've done your research and are well on your way to getting things set up right.

The trim tab adjusters are not a necessity, but they are nice to have, they make adjustments to the tabs easy and a bit more precise than grabbing them with a pliers and bending to adjust.

hog

RC Racer
    Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have a handle on it! Lol.

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the forum. My son is 12 and he has his own Spartan. He drives it better than I drive my Spartan. Anyway if you plan to upgrade to lipo power you may want to think about a prop upgrade. Good luck and do not hesitate to ask for help or advice.

RC Qualifier
    Thx for the welcome and yes I do eventually plan to run a 2s lipo 5000mah and wat prop would you recommend. And would you have to program the esc to lipo cutoff like you do on RC cars?

RC Qualifier
    A good starting prop for those batteries would be a Prather 215. The stock Castle ESC needs to be programmed for lipos so the low voltage cutoff works. This is detailed in the manual.

RC Qualifier
    Ok thx for all the help and wat is the best way to seal a hatch

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko5678 View Post
    Ok thx for all the help and wat is the best way to seal a hatch
    Tape, I use clear hockey tape, clear or colored electrical tape works good too.

The spartan hatch is tough to tape properly because of the rear tabs, unless you modify the hatch and remove them.

There are a few other tricks, like installing weatherstrip foam in the hatch channel on the hull. This helps, but tape is the still the most secure way to go. It also helps to keep the hatch from popping off during high speed spills.

hog

RC Qualifier
    Do you mean putting the tape on the outside of the hatch where it lines up with the hull because I don't want to sink my boat on my first run and wat about that calking stuff

RC Qualifier
    Yes, just tape along the crack on the outside. It is a bit tedious doing it every time but can save you a swamping if you flip.
    Hog

RC Qualifier
    It sounds like a good idea and I'm also think of deanodizing all that ugly blue

RC Champion
    Are you saying the blue makes you feel like you want to

I like the blue on "Blue By U"
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    I hate the blue

RC Champion
    So thats how you really feel...
    Actually I agree with you, especially on an orange boat. I like the look of the bare aluminum or I've seen black that looks real nice as well.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Exactly I prefer the bare aluminum or black because it can go with any color