Cool got a traxxas 4x4 yesturday.....

i got a slash 4x4 yesturday and added that to my rc collection as i have a 2wd brushed.
    then i drove it yesturday for 2 minutes and the front a-arm broke and the shock cap came off so i went to my hobby store asked for the shock oil and front arm and he gave me a 2wd front rm and 15wt oil..... i told him they were 2wd and he went back and got me sme rpm front a-arms and i took the 15wt shock oil but i think the 15wt is for the 2wd if im right and if so what oil should i get 40wt? . want to buy more upgrades for each one and the titan 12t motor has been running strong for just over a year so should i upgrade it.?

how reliable is the 4x4? what oil for 4x4 front shocks? what upgrades for both slashes ?

RC Qualifier
    hmm, the 15 wt oil is too runny and thin. your car will start to sag soon and ride pretty low. i have stock 30wt in my sl2sh vxl, but i want to upgrade to 45wt soon. from what i've heard, the 4x4 is really reliable. the only thing is, if you break something, it's a bit harder to take it apart and fix it. a good upgrade for the 2wd is the vxl system. it's really nice, fast, and durable. not to mention that it's not too expensive if you get it off amazon or someplace like that.

Quote Originally Posted by seanycool View Post
    hmm, the 15 wt oil is too runny and thin. your car will start to sag soon and ride pretty low. i have stock 30wt in my sl2sh vxl, but i want to upgrade to 45wt soon. from what i've heard, the 4x4 is really reliable. the only thing is, if you break something, it's a bit harder to take it apart and fix it. a good upgrade for the 2wd is the vxl system. it's really nice, fast, and durable. not to mention that it's not too expensive if you get it off amazon or someplace like that.
    ya im gonna get 50wt now and get the vxl for my 2wd as im liking it for my 4x4 and the 4x4 it really crowded but amazing drive. just wish it would do wheelies but thats why i wanna get brushleess for my 2wd