RC Racer

Better Batteries?

Just a quick question. Right now I am running Venom 25c 5000mah LiPo batteries. But the price for those has me only wanting to own the 2 that I have. I have been looking online and came across SPC batteries. Its the same rated battery but for about half the cost of Venom ones. Are SPC LiPos as good as Venom???

yes if even better. traxxas lipos are good as well with a good warranty as well maybe a little higher price than spc but good as well and will fit you trx truck with no mod needed w/o the exception of the ext. battery with like a Higher MAH lipo.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    spc i hear are good and cheap. ******* ******** are also good and cheap. i got my 2s ******* ******** 4000 mah 40c-80c for like 30 bucks.

RC Qualifier
    ********s are gret for the price. My 45c 2s will pop wheelies all the way till lvd kicks on.

RC Champion
    ya mine will do the same if i had traction. much of that i believe comes from the higher discharge. pretty awesome though. it just took a really long time to get my ******** in. i might order an spc and see how long it takes to get that one in.

RC Champion
    I still have a handful of ******* lipos I bought about 2 years ago. Still run great. Just ordered a 3s ******** and hoping for good results.
    Slash VXL
    Summit VXL
    they have to share for now

Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    ya mine will do the same if i had traction. much of that i believe comes from the higher discharge. pretty awesome though. it just took a really long time to get my ******** in. i might order an spc and see how long it takes to get that one in.
    My spcs get here the next day, but I am in the same state. They will arrive quick I guarantee.

The SPC packs will be better than the venoms... You will not be disappointed.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Qualifier
    Just ordered 6 SPC batteries last night!
    Great value.
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

Wait till you run them... the value goes up lol.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

I live in Missouri (sometimes we call it Misery) and the SPC's arrive in 4-5 business days.

Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    True, more power to the wheels can get more traction, but a tighter diff will do the trick. I use Bad Horsie diff grease for fantastic lock-up at the wheel, but you can use thick grease to get about the same effect.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    SPC batteries are top notch!! I have two of the 2s 5000mah and one 3s. I can get around 45mins runtime on the 2s packs each! The 3s I have only run here and there because the truck is crazy fast on it