Thread: Which rc?

RC poster

Which rc?

Hello everyone, i am trying to deciede which of the following rc trucks to get...

Mini Summit
    Mini E-revo
    Slash 4x4
    savage xs (i understand that we cant talk about the savage)

Other suggestion would be helpful.

I will be concrete bashing and dirt jumps/bmx track.

I like the fact that the mini summit, mini e-revo and the savage can backflip and frontflip because i am currently bashing a buggy so i would like a change, but i like the fact that there r loads of parts for the slash, it is strong and apparently it is a MUST have!

I heard the savage has some problems which are putting me of abit.

Please help me
    Thank you

RC Qualifier
    I think buy what your saying a slash sounds more up you ally. Minis I just don't think your going to be happy down the road with what your looking to do IMO. The slash is going to be a lot tougher all around, so I would stay with at least a 1/10th if I where you.
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Qualifier
    the slash 4x4 will not backflip as easy as a 4x4 monster truck because the tires are narrower, but you can always convert it to something like a 4x4 stampede, just put 2.2 or 2.8" tires on it. A lot of people are happy with the new traxxas 1/10 4x4 trucks. If you get a 1/16 get a summit VXL the offset tires are an advantage and you need the agressive tires for loose dirt, the ground clearance might not be necessary but it's easily adjustable with rocker arms, IMO the 1/16 revo tires are too narrow, just use a pair of summit tires and for pavement get an offset on-road tire, you can use anaconda's from the bandit or proline road rage tires.
    I like turtles.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The MERV seems to be the best choice for you IMO. It can be one super tough truck with the right upgrades and it will still handle really well on the pavement/concrete. The mini summit can't handle hard bashing and is really soft and tippy on hard surfaces at higher speeds. The slash would be a good choice as well but it aint gonna back flip easily without much bigger tires. The savage XS... well... it aint a traxxas and therefore, whats the point?
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    The MERV seems to be the best choice for you IMO. It can be one super tough truck with the right upgrades and it will still handle really well on the pavement/concrete. The mini summit can't handle hard bashing and is really soft and tippy on hard surfaces at higher speeds. The slash would be a good choice as well but it aint gonna back flip easily without much bigger tires. The savage XS... well... it aint a traxxas and therefore, whats the point?
    Thanks for everyones replys!
    I think i am looking more at the merv and the slash. It's good to know that i can just put bigger tyres on the slash and summit tyres on the merv.

Is the slash worth that extra $$$??

RC Racer
    If you get a merv don't waste time with summit tires. Just get pro line dirt hawgs and Hpi mesh 2.2 wheel. Best combo for all around bashing.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JEKing11 View Post
    Thanks for everyones replys!
    I think i am looking more at the merv and the slash. It's good to know that i can just put bigger tyres on the slash and summit tyres on the merv.

Is the slash worth that extra $$$??
    The slash is worth it. Ive seen more merv breakages then i have slash 4x4 and i bash my slash 2wd with a buddy and his 80 mph 4x4 on 4s lipo all the time. The merv i bash around usually breaks every time. The mini vxl system is not something i would recommend, my friend with the merv went through an esc per battery pack. All were warrantied and he eventually gave up on waterproof and got a castle mini sidewinder.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    How about a Stampede 4x4? Same as a slash 4x4 but shorter wheel base and allow you to do front/back flip easily.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ur-your-choice.