RC poster

Portable Charging Setup

Here are a few pics of my portable charging station consisting of iCharger 306Bs and Junsi S1200 PS. I like the idea of the PRC cases and decided to try them out. All cutouts were custom made to fit power supply fan locations so there's adequate airflow.

The Case

Case Open: I velcroed the parallel boards to the case for transport.

The charging deck. The two fan grills line up with the power supply fans underneath for the most part.

Removing the charging deck reveals power supply, wiring, and small cable storage area...

Fan grill and A/C plug connector on side.

Side fan grill lined up well with power supply's intake fan...

Final setup in action...

I'm pretty happy with this setup so far. It gives me the portability and ease of setup I need when chargin both at home and at the field.

Moved to the Alley due to being a non-Traxxas charger.
    That is an extremely nice setup. You may want to add the pics to the charging setup thread here.

As a "criticism" you can do better than those grille screws. They look very functional...and cheaper than the rest of the setup. Picky picky, haha.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    thts looking pretty good dude. good job

RC Champion
    Very nice, been thinking about ordering one from Progressive for my Hyperion chargers.

ksb is right about the fan screws, black would look better or maybe even custom grills.
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/26...tl=g47c221s466
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/26...tl=g47c221s466
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    My wife was going to throw away an old laptop case, and I stopped her, thinking that I might use it to transport my new charger and power supply. Turns out, it couldn't have worked out better. It holds the charger, power supply, all my cables, my AA charger, extra transmitter batteries, and enough packs to run all day.

My current setup

All snug and ready for transport

Folds up nice and compact

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC poster
    I agree those screws are tacky. But they are what came with my grills and I didn't have time to replace with black ones (or paint with a black Sharpie). I like the grills... Not into "bling".

Awww man, the screws are fine and functional (MOST important) but it's just that the setup is so sweet that they don't quite represent. Don't sweat it for a second.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Very clean, very functional....

If those fans are taking air from the outside and pushing them in, and you take it to a Race track or a dusty dirty area. One trick I've done is to get some washable A/C filter material and put it over the air intakes.... Sure keeps the dirt out and the fans running a lot longer.... Not the very fine filter but the ones that allow a lot of free air flow... Works on the computers I have in the factory and we have a lot of debris that would choke a regular computer, heck even our factory personnel have to wear dust masks....

But that is one of the cleanest setup's I have seen.... Great Job.!
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Fancy. How heavy is it?
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC poster
    Good idea with the filter. I was thinking of black nylon stocking material. Would that breathe enough while blocking out enough dirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post

If those fans are taking air from the outside and pushing them in, and you take it to a Race track or a dusty dirty area. One trick I've done is to get some washable A/C filter material and put it over the air intakes.... Sure keeps the dirt out and the fans running a lot longer.... Not the very fine filter but the ones that allow a lot of free air flow... Works on the computers I have in the factory and we have a lot of debris that would choke a regular computer, heck even our factory personnel have to wear dust masks....

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by revomaxx2223 View Post
    Fancy. How heavy is it?
    Weighs around 10 lbs.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post

Thanks. It's very functional. Just got tired of my former ghetto rig which took too long to set up and break down.

Yea I'm still using a toolbox to cart around my chargers. I need to do something about it.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    Correction: The setup actually weighs closer to 14 lbs. loaded out. I have been using this setup for some time. It has been very functional and safe.