RC Competitor

waterpoof battery

hello guys i was wondering if u lot cud tell me how to make my normal traxas nimh 7 hump cell battery waterproof i live in london uk and since it rains here alot i wanted to make my car go splashing and bashing in rain water which i did i was worried that i might actually spoil the battery but thank god nothing happend so far

RC Qualifier
    The batteries are waterproof, the whole car is waterproof.
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Champion
    After running in wet conditions, MAKE SURE YOU DRY YOUR TRUCK OFF WELL!!!!!!!! I use a air compressor, really easy. If you don't dry it off, it will get rusty.(Hits the name). My brother ran his in snow. He left it without drying it off and the chassis battery compartment was all rusty, same with the battery. Just make sure you dry it off. Screws also rust easy.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    Get yourself a large balloon and put the battery pack in that. You could then just zip tie the open end to the wires to seal it up.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    4WD MonsterMutt WPSC8:4Pole 3400kV | GOT DIRT?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by minirevobasher View Post
    After running in wet conditions, MAKE SURE YOU DRY YOUR TRUCK OFF WELL!!!!!!!! I use a air compressor, really easy. If you don't dry it off, it will get rusty.(Hits the name). My brother ran his in snow. He left it without drying it off and the chassis battery compartment was all rusty, same with the battery. Just make sure you dry it off. Screws also rust easy.
    Yes, totally agree. Anything metal will rust including bearings.....and you definitely dont want that.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    4WD MonsterMutt WPSC8:4Pole 3400kV | GOT DIRT?

RC Competitor
    thanks brav
    for that valuable advice