Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    #1 for every single person is the knuckles.
    #2 for every single person is a servo.
    Those things are junk and MUST be replaced.

Aside from that shocks and turnbuckles are the most essential to anyone that wants to handle well.

Once you can handle well you have to decide if you want to race or go 50mph. If you decide to race you are ready. If you decide to go 50mph you have to replace most of the truck.

RC Competitor
    @jhsmith, I'm not sure about the wiring that auto-zone supplies but its worth looking into. My wiring job consists of a tough black expandable wire shroud (works similar to Chinese handcuffs) with a clear shrink tubing over it. I got all of this at an electronic store in my area (Fry's Electronics) for about $12 in total. I still have more than half of the supplies left, even after alot of trial and error. If you need more help tracking down some of the supplies or a more detailed instruction on how to do this just let me know and I'll send you a pm.
    Last edited by mikeyzminiz; 06-13-2012 at 04:37 PM.

RC Competitor
    @traxstar, I got them off of the traxxas marketplace but I know they are all over ebay and the toyz site has a good selection of traxxas 1/16 parts. Maybe i have been lucky but these extenders have worked out great for me, no broken pivot balls and the suspension is strong . I would recommend these to other merv owners but i would also recommend looking more into wider wheels (everyone has their own opinions due to different experiences).

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    save your money and look at hpi ss monster 2160 rims they will added width to your car without weakening it
    Will Traxxas Canyon AT's fit onto these? Might get a set for my 1/16 Summit VXL.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher_Jones View Post
    #1 for every single person is the knuckles.
    #2 for every single person is a servo.
    Those things are junk and MUST be replaced.

Aside from that shocks and turnbuckles are the most essential to anyone that wants to handle well.

Once you can handle well you have to decide if you want to race or go 50mph. If you decide to race you are ready. If you decide to go 50mph you have to replace most of the truck.
    What parts exactly are you talking about in reference to the knuckles and servos? I'm getting ready to order an RTR but I want to orders some parts along with it. Takes a little while to ship things here.
    Thanks

RC poster
    Sorry for the newb questions. I looked through the manual and found the answer.

RC Qualifier
    By far my best upgrade has been to the 5700kv mmp
    Runnin 2s lipo geared 31/45 I can hit 65mph with 1/4 throttle left, up and down the street the whole life of the battery and motor still be cool to the touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhsmith1987 View Post
    By far my best upgrade has been to the 5700kv mmp
    Runnin 2s lipo geared 31/45 I can hit 65mph with 1/4 throttle left, up and down the street the whole life of the battery and motor still be cool to the touch.
    67mph on 2s at 1/4 throttle? I would have to see that to believe it.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    67mph on 2s at 1/4 throttle? I would have to see that to believe it.
    If you read correctly. It says 1/4 throttle LEFT, meaning I was using 3/4 throttle..

RC Qualifier
    My neu and mmp combo
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

Quote Originally Posted by Jhsmith1987 View Post
    If you read correctly. It says 1/4 throttle LEFT, meaning I was using 3/4 throttle..
    I stand corrected but still would have to see that to believe it, 5700 on 2s just does not make it to that kind of speed, on 3s MAYBE
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Well it may not be 100% accurate. I was in a car riding behind it, and that's what speed we bottom before we had to slow down.

RC Qualifier
    I don't have a big boy system like everyone else, yet. However, I did receive my Tenbol motor mount. I swapped the motor and ESC out of my 1/10 touring car (EZRUN 35A / 4300KV). The install was very easy and I really like how the motor is mounted in the center. The test drive was a blast.

Next upgrade that's on the way are 2 x ******* ********** 2200mah 2S 40~80C LIPOs. I would enjoy the 3S speed runs more if i had more room. I'll stick with the 2S LIPOs for and limp along with my degraded 3S LIPO until the goodies arrive.

RC Qualifier
    I got those batteries you'll love them, I do lot of power I haven't went to 3s yet

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    looks good !bet you need that wheelie bar!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks! It was trying to pull a wheelie even though it has a center diff. 3S is a blast. Just make sure you have a lot of room.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i would pull that center diff never liked mine!

RC Qualifier
    if you want speed lose the center diff

nice build up BTW with the tenbol and ezrun stuff
    Xtreme has no limiits