Sooooo i bought a Ken Block.

Wasn't planning on it, in fact i was enjoying the fact i was finally down to 5 rigs. But i couldn't pass this up. Wasn't the most amazing deal but good enough that it made sense.

My only regret is that i wish i hadn't sold all my SPC lipos off with my other 2 traxxas 1/16 rigs a while back now that the usps will not ship lipo internationally. So I'm gonna be trying the new ones from the LHS.

Body is a bit rough, but not to the point where it needs replacement. But i will likely end up running the Proline Camaro when it is released.

Bone stock for now.

What sort of luck has anyone had with the diff lockers from Traxxas? Are they any good?
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    Yea from what ive heard they are decent
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC poster
    I got a KB vxl for the Wifey, She enjoys it,Every time I put the lipo in it she destroys it,Guaranteed. As far as I'm concerned I think it's one of the best RC's they've made recently. It's a pretty stout lil car. I personally never broke a part on it.
    I also have the Monster 69 Camaro with the BigBlock brused motor in it. Lots of tourqe! It's my drifter These 1/16 cars imo are great fun!

well finally got around to actually doing anything with this guy and its dead. havent decided if it is motor or ESC. likely ESC since the motor still spins.

First off it wouldn't complete binding. so I tried to bind it with a spektrum rx and my dx3c. again no go. And in the process somehow, maybe it is good and shot and has a big amp draw or something, it puffed a brand new lipo from the LHS.

Guess this is what I get for jumping on one of those too good to be true deals. Timing sucks, im more than willing to replace the VXL-3m, either straight up or go BigBlock but cant do anything till the end of the month. So on the shelf it goes. And back to the LHS i go on Monday with the lipo and an explanation, hopefully they replace it. Considering it has been on the charger long enough to see what the cells were at prior to getting plugged in to bind.

The diagnosis is, the RX just flashed Red as it should to bind (but it should only flash for a couple seconds). And the ESC flashes a fast Red. I do not get any tones from the motor either.

i took everything out of the car to see if i could pinpoint whats causing it. It appears to be the servo. If i unplug it everything works fine.

Never had a servo straight up fail, will that cause this?

With the servo plugged in, motor doesn't work, the RX is green with red flashing fast. and the ESC light is a very low red quick flash.
    Unplug the servo both lights go green and the motor works...

Still doesn't explain why 1 battery puffed, or does it?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-18-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: post merge

Pics finally, had it somewhat clean while tinkering with the batteries and servo not working but it all works now. Got it dirty tonight again haha.

Ohh aahhh.

Installed a Hitec HS85mg and it all works great now. Had to get creative with the hitec servo horn though, hope it holds up.

Diff lockers are finally ready for pickup at the LHS. if i am looking to have this drift and drift only should i lock front and rear or just leave the rear locked up.

RC Racer
    What did you do with the diffs in the end?
    If you locked both, how did it handle?

RC Qualifier
    how much was it
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

Haven't done much. Finished my E-slayerPro build and have been having a blast with that, and now i have a 1/10 Summit i just picked up.

RC Qualifier
    nice. Can you post more pictures of your kb?
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

it is completely stock right now. i do have a new chassis on the way with a handful of other parts that will be getting a RIT bath once they are here.