Thread: Problem

RC Competitor

Problem

I have a Traxxas 2.4 Ghz transmitter and receiver that I tried installing in my Slash today and it dosen't work, once I turn on all the electronics it dosen't steer at all. The steering servo seems to be "stuck" in one position. But then when I switch it back to the other transmitter and receiver that I was using before works perfectly fine. What do I do?
    3 Slash VXLs
    Rustler VXL
    Nitro T-Maxx

RC Champion
    My guess would be the transmitter and receiver need to be paired or linked. I don't know the instructions offhand but I had the same issue before and re-pairing fixed it.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    do this,,, keep the ESC off and the controller off, hold the menu and set button for 2 seconds. let go. turn remote on and hit menu set again and then the light should be green, then try it and see of that works
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Champion
    its just programming. easy fix. i did the same thing. just make sure the servo is plugged in correctly and into channel 1 and esc in channel 3.

RC Competitor
    Well, this transmitter and receiver was linked with a Rustler before hand, and I just switched it. Both lights are green on the transmitter and receiver, but the steering is still messed up. And my servo is connected into the first channel 1, and my ESC is in 2.
    Last edited by Grambo97; 06-06-2012 at 09:21 AM.
    3 Slash VXLs
    Rustler VXL
    Nitro T-Maxx

RC Competitor
    If somebody could help me out with this problem that would be great.
    3 Slash VXLs
    Rustler VXL
    Nitro T-Maxx

Channel 1 and 2 are both for steering(2 servo setups). Put the esc into the 3rd slot and it should work 8)
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Channel 1 and 2 are both for steering(2 servo setups). Put the esc into the 3rd slot and it should work 8)
    In fact, the first two slots are usually both marked CH1, then the third slot is marked CH2. This is for use in larger vehicles like Summit and ERevo where you have a separate steering servo for each front tire.

I've made that mistake before, too, putting the ESC plug into the second CH1 slot.

Hope this helps.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?