RC Racer

New Rally roller - need electronics advice

I picked up a Rally yesterday - needs motor/esc , servo and one shock ball end . Came with Proline Focus body and drift wheels and set of road (traction) wheels . In a parts bag was a 5200kv 1/18 motor that seems like it fits . And I got it for $65 . I have a Stampede , Slash VXL and a Rustler VXL now but this is the first 1/16 for me .
    Last edited by Kansei; 06-05-2012 at 07:36 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I imagine the 1/18 motor is going to run quite hot.

I am assuming you have a 380 motor mount and not the 550...
    But I am quite happy with the setup I reviewed a while back:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...8-4370Kv-Motor
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    I went with the VXL system - picked up today and the servo and shock kit. Does the 380 take the same pinions as the 3500 , I'm not home to see the motor

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I believe the shafts are the same size for both.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    yes they are - checked when i got home . Went with a servo rebuild as the servo i had had a gear stripped . So i have it up and running - and suppose to rain till weekend , seems like a quick little car in the house cant wait to try it outside.

RC Racer
    congrats on the deal. I just picked up a brand new roller on ebay as well. There's a few rc chop shops on there that sell them for around $100 regularly, but from time to time you'll see them for about $65 shipped. Sounds like you got slightly a better deal though with the extra stuff.

I'm trying to decide what to do now too. I have most of the parts to finish but need another receiver and speed control. Unfortunately I have a Castle 3800 which is waaaaay too much for the chassis so I may just sell it and then buy an appropriate motor/esc for the 1/16 setup.