RC Qualifier

Exclamation first run on 6s lipo :)

hello! I just ran my e-maxx for the first time with my mamba monster ESC, I plugged in 3300mah 3s lipos in series, all I can say is I didn't get killed in a train wreck or mauled by a bear. Pics!

and the rear

I thought this was unusual

Still unaccounted for is a complete suspension arm I would like to find it to recover my pivot ball! Also not a single RPM product was broken that day. Credit also goes to big bore shocks that didn't even get bent, it decided to be a man and tear itself out of the shock tower. We clocked it at 49 MPH but the curb still refused to get out of the way . Thanks for reading, I will get a damage report in a few days and it will certainly be running before snow fall.
    I like turtles.

RC Qualifier
    OUCH!!!

That's a bad one

RC Qualifier
    I think you zigged, when you should have zagged ;-p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Yeh when you drive on 6S you don't go full throttle unless in a big open field.

Going down the street doesn't work; it only needs to get slightly off balance and it's all over.

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the world of 6s Lipo's. Make for great fun, but one slip-up and there is carnage. Since I upgraded to Aluminium Bulkheads, shock towers, shocks & skid plates, the carnage has been considerably less frequent and less severe.

RC Qualifier
    Bummer Dude!

RC Competitor
    that reminds me of when i hit a guard rail at about 50 but your chassis isnt in half =P, nice crash though man now you have an amazing excuse to upgrade.
    Im Addicted.

RC Enthusiast
    Nothing can beat 6s Power. Awsome fun. Time for upgrade.
    T-MAX;JATO(X2);4TEC;RUSTLER(X2);SLASH1/16;E-MAXX

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rc guy14 View Post
    that reminds me of when i hit a guard rail at about 50 but your chassis isnt in half =P, nice crash though man now you have an amazing excuse to upgrade.
    I think the chassis held up so well because of the aluminum center chassis braces, I knew from the start they would add a lot of support. The original 3906 chassis is actually broken in only one place, which prevents 1 of 8 screws from going into the bulkheads. I think the aluminum skidplates help keep the connection to the chassis braces rigid, where in the back the plastic skidplate snapped. It's hard to tell how well the aluminum skidplate did because the bulkhead shattered, I wish I had bought ACNCM bulkheads for the front instead of the rear, but I won them in an auction on ebay for $17, and missed the bid on the front. There's no way the 3mm skidplate could hold it's own with plastic like that, I think aluminum bulkheads and skids would have held a rigid connection to the chassis braces and chassis preventing damage, but I think at this speed something would break no matter what you are using.

As bad as the damage looks I think my list of replacement parts might be as little as bulkheads, skid plates, and a chassis. I literally have 7 pairs of extra suspension arms, a steering assembly, steering knuckles, and a full set of shocks in my spare parts box. My concern is the screws removed themself from the ACNCM bulkheads in the rear, they might have torn out the threads. If so I have plastic bulkheads as spares but they are not a reliable replacement. Given that almost every suspension pin is probably ruined I'm going to buy "ejector pins" from the hardware store.

edit: the body was brand new until I ran it twice on 4s lipo, and this once on 6s lipo, it is pretty much finished, I am sad about the body and the tire
    Last edited by Meebert; 06-06-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    I like turtles.