RC Qualifier

Project Flying MERV

This Youtube video has inspired me to try to make my MERV fly or glide to some extent:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8q0_UgJ5ME

I will post some pics of my MERV's setup soon. I will update the thread when I think of a new idea or I begin to make something new for PROJECT Flying MERV.

Please let me know what you're thinking by posting questions, ideas, or comments.

Stay tuned for more...

RC Qualifier
    my suggestion is use a servo to adjust the wing, you'd want it to provide downforce until you reach fast speeds then give you instant lift. Good luck and post results
    I like turtles.

RC Racer
    Testing various prototypes sounds fun......maby painfull, but fun. Must remember to look out for whatevers cheaply suitable and then.. hmm... some tall building
    1/16 EREVO, 1/10 SUMMIT

RC Qualifier
    some PPL have toooooooo much sparetime i think

OMG
    Xtreme has no limiits

RC Racer
    Insane....lol Just get a MCPX from Blade if u want to fly or a SR hehe

RC Champion
    i wanna see a vid. but please build your wings more durable. lol.

RC Qualifier
    how will you keep it airborne?

RC Qualifier
    anti-grav belt...

RC Qualifier
    I tried to make mine fly by strapping a styraphome airplain to the top with a 2.5' wingspan. stock brushless on 3s would get the front end up no problem but i kept moving it back to get the whole thing to fly it would only dance on its toes. My mailman was quite confused. i've since gone big block so its even heavier now. I need to get a bigger airplane at toys r us. let me know how yours turns out.

RC Qualifier
    Real neat. Didn't look to me like that prop on the front was actually spinning. If u r really trying to get air born. If the prop don't spin, of course that'd b the first thing u gotta do.. And then considering the weight of your truck you'd needs much bigger prop I'd suggest mounting it comming outta the wind shield that way it's closer to level with the wing to increase lift.

Not at all trying to tell u how it should be done just a simple suggestion..
    Mad props guy, very original, and much respect to u.

RC Qualifier
    I have been quite busy recently, so I haven't updated the thread. Just to clarify, though... I am not going for actually flying my MERV. I want a second or two of glide or something easier than full on flying.

RC Qualifier
    O ok haha.. Makes much more sense.. U could but the wing on a servo and have it making downforce untill u reach speed the point it up that way u got enough speed to catch some good air