RC Racer

Desperate Help!!!!

I've had my revo on a shelf for about 2 months because of another burned stock servo. Emailedtraxxas and they gave me excellent asistance and provided me with a free servo. Waited 3 weeks gor it and when i finally got it it was already bad. It cuts the throttle in my revo and when i disconnect the servo it wirks perfectly.

Emailed traxxas again and they sent me another one and this one has the same problem!!! What in the world is going on? Im a doing sOmething wrong?? What should i be looking for? Is it a coincidence that both are them are bad or what? Please help!

RC Qualifier
    Receiver guys?

RC Qualifier
    I doubt they were both defective.. Chances are u may be pluging it in the wrong channel.. Supposed to be channel one, you have a short some where, or your receiver is screwing up.. That's strange though

RC Qualifier
    just buy a different one u will b more pleased. *******/bluebird 390 or hitec HS85MG+

RC Qualifier
    I would be almost willing to bet its the receiver

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    break down and pu a hitec 5085mg .the 390 is over a month away if you ordered it today.i have put my hitec through some abuse and works great!

RC Racer
    Im thinking its the reciever also. I have plugged the servoin both channels and it does the same. Imagine if i upgrade the servo and the same thing happens and them i have to buy a reciever

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    receivers on ebay are cheap but for less than 40 you can get the hitec also

RC Racer
    I did a little test and plugged both servos traxxas sent me into my 1/10 slash and they worked with the slash reciever but they would not wOrk well with the revo reciever. I plugged the slash servo into the revo reciever and it worked. I dont understand why they wiuld not wirk in my revo.

RC Qualifier
    did u look in the manual to see if u have the esc and servo plugged in the right spot?

RC Racer
    Yes. The steering goes in channel 1 and the esc in channel 2. Thats all good.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    very strange is your battery charged in the revo?

RC Racer
    Im using the same battery for both and the same esc and motor i have in my revo. The only diffrence is that the reciever in the revo is am and the one in the slash is 2.4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that's strange maybe time to upgrade to 2.4 couldn't hurt

You could get a 2.4GHz receiver and use the transmitter which you use on the Slash.
    If the servos work in the Slash and not in the Merv, then it's probably the receiver causing the problem.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Racer
    But if the reciever is rhe problem why would the servo from my slash work with that reciever perfectly

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i say get a hitec and upgrade to 2.4

RC Racer
    im going to take the 2.4 from my slash and use it in my merv in the meantime so that i can use the servos traxxas sent me. Is the 2.4 difficult to use? Ive heard you have to link it to the radio and program a couple of things loke the endpoints ot the servo. Im so used to the old school am radio and reciever lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    not too hard .do you have the manual?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    if not go to the top under support,electric,7107,then on the right under support- manuals. just have to follow the directions to a t!

RC Racer
    Thanks for the help. I tried the servos in my buddys merv and they did not wirk in his revo also. He also has a am reciever. They wirk perfectly in the 2.4 reciever. Im guessing the new 2080 servos have something new now and thats why they dont work with the old recievers. Time to upgrade. Thanks for the info and help

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    glad to help