RC Racer

whats the best motor for super high torque and great speed

i want a motor that can handle dual 2s lipos

i am looking for huge monster torque and super high speeds and what ever the motor is does it need an esc with it too?

thanks for your time

RC Qualifier
    Servo:
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d772.html

Or this...

http://www.amazon.com/Savox-SA-1283S...I1CBWT1XGZN9X0

Motor:
    Maybe a Mamba Monster.

I hope this help.
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Qualifier
    Well before thinking about super stuff, think about alum tranny cause otherwise your going to be done with your truck in couple runs, second, slash is not designed for 80+ speeds and crazy torque, VXL supplies enough to make it do crazy stuff, i am running my slash like crazy i mean, 50+ mph all the time and i break my truck every other time, just too high of speeds for this car, even LCG doesnt help from flipping it, anyways u do w/e u wanna do, mamba max pro and you are all set.

RC Racer
    can mamba monster 2200kv motor do dual batteries and do you have to buy a dual battery connector if so

RC Qualifier
    dual battery connector is a must, motor has nothing to do with how many lipos you are running, it depends on ESC that you have, you dont connect your batteries to your motor, but to esc, if ESC can handle two batteries then motor will work, i am not sure if it will handle such current load tho.

RC Racer
    so is their an esc you would suggest

RC Qualifier
    mamba max pro 1/10 can handle 2 3s batteries, as for the motor monster should do the job

RC Qualifier
    The 2200kv is overkill for the slash considering all other parts you have to change. Aim for a castle mmp esc and the 3800kv motor, or the 4600kv motor. Aim for 55-60 mph, thats plenty for the slash. The problem is not high speed, its kepping the car on the ground and keeping it straight. Maybe the slash body is not that aerodynamic either for high speeds.

If you want to use 4s lipos, then the castle 2400kv motor is good, but then again plenty of tourque more than you need. Put realistic goals and save some money and trouble. More power = more breakage.

Dont even try for 50+ if you dont have street tyres like the jconcepts g locs, jaco foams, or even anacondas.

RC Racer
    which tires are the best for high speed that will fit on my slash 2wd

RC Qualifier
    i use Streetifighters and got my slash to 64mph the other day. Three makes a good point slash is almost impossible to handle on 60mph, a little wiggle and say good buy to your shocks and other parts that may break when you flip that thing at 50+ mph. make sure you dont have a stock radio. You will not get enough distance to top out your speed, i used dx3s controller since it has better range than traxxas 2.4. if you are going to be using stock radio, then make sure you go on a highway at night and test you speed while somebody drives a car.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriganosa View Post
    i use Streetifighters and got my slash to 64mph the other day. Three makes a good point slash is almost impossible to handle on 60mph, a little wiggle and say good buy to your shocks and other parts that may break when you flip that thing at 50+ mph. make sure you dont have a stock radio. You will not get enough distance to top out your speed, i used dx3s controller since it has better range than traxxas 2.4. if you are going to be using stock radio, then make sure you go on a highway at night and test you speed while somebody drives a car.
    I tested over 1250 foot range on my Flysky GT3B a while back, actually walked out with a surveyors wheel. It would have gone farther, but I couldn't reliably see what direction I was driving anymore...
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Champion
    From all the comments in this thread, wouldn't you be better suited just buying an ERevo Brushless edition?
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?