RC Champion

Is this a good deal???

So at my LHS there is a revo roller for sale. I know for sure it needs a transmission, and of course electronics, but it does have some aftermarket tires and rims, not sure what kind. It might need a body and axles. I was in a hurry so i couldnt check it out. It has one set of rpm arms as i could tell.
    Thanks
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Racer
    honestly. i would give it a good looking over... always check it over. same thing with the full size vehicles.

RC Racer
    In order for us to tell you if it's a good deal or not, we kind of need to know the price.

RC Champion
    Oops. Sorry. $100
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

might be worth it if you can get the parts cheap that you need. if not then at 100 with so much missing then it might not be worth it atleast to me it wouldnt be unless you plan to upgrade it little by little and you have another rc to run till its run able. from the sounds of it its like a 1/2 roller LOL.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Haha exactly. I have a Emaxx though that has only broke once out of 30 hard bashes.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

not bad then. i would get it and slowly fix it up starting out with the tranny and axles then get the rest either used or new if possible. Good luck and enjoy if you do buy it.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Probably won't buy it. I just need to upgrade my maxx some more. Aluminum bulks, cvds, aluminum knuckles, new body wheels and tires
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Keep in mind, an E-Revo transmission will cost about $50... Servos will run you $30 or so (or $50 for a single servo), motor/ESC will be $75-100 (brushed)... if it needs a body thats another $40, axles are about $30.

Its only a good deal if when its done it cost less than buying a complete one off the market place. You can pick up some nice ERevo's here for like $300-350. Which MAY or may not be cheaper than building up the pre-roller at your LHS.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Keep in mind, an E-Revo transmission will cost about $50... Servos will run you $30 or so (or $50 for a single servo), motor/ESC will be $75-100 (brushed)... if it needs a body thats another $40, axles are about $30.

Its only a good deal if when its done it cost less than buying a complete one off the market place. You can pick up some nice ERevo's here for like $300-350. Which MAY or may not be cheaper than building up the pre-roller at your LHS.
    Thanks. I have been doing the calculations. If its over $300 im not buying it. I might not buy it anyways, my emaxx is perfect for me.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Champion
    Ok. I went to the lhs today to check this bad boy out. It has a transmission, axles, and a body. So i just need electronics. So for a $100 it seems like a good deal. I have my e-maxx to run so it would be a couple month project.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Racer
    Sounds like a good deal. Are you going brushless?

RC Champion
    Can't decide. If I do, it would be the hobbywing sc8 2700kv combo. It would be a little while to get it running, though. Im trying to get my emaxx upgraded to the point where i won't brake anything.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Racer
    no it is not a good deal

RC Racer
    $100 roller
    $279 new mamba
    $25 traxxas 2.4ghz receiver
    $42 2x traxxas 2075 servos

=$446

For a brushless erevo with a brand new motor/esc sounds like a good deal to me

RC Racer
    new diffs $90 new slipper $20 new new new

RC Racer
    You're assuming that those parts are bad and exaggerating the prices.
    Diff $25 each
    Slipper rebuild $10

From the sounds of it he doesn't have the funds to drop $800 on a brand new erbe. He can even take his time and shop around to build it even cheaper, and still be up and running for way less then new.

Similar used ERBE have been going for $550 to $650 so building the same thing for $400 to $475, its less then market price so technically it is a good deal.