Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    wow...a picture is worth a thousand words indeed...

RC Racer
    anyone who says you dont love your life needs to be smacked. I bet for your anniversary you gave her a new set of tires didnt ya

RC Champion
    haha no it's not like that. i have the most fun working on the trucks so it's more of an excuse to have/mod another truck with the added bonus of her having something to drive at the track with me

this truck is getting converted back to a backslash! I ordered a Losi 8 body, wing mount and wing tonight. I will be switching back to the Shining Star Chassis as well
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    Nice looking builds but a few of these photos have been photoshopped. Everyone knows that MIPs are rock solid and cant be broken no matter how hard you try. Dont believe me? Just ask the pro MIP/Tekno haters, they will confirm!

RC Qualifier
    nothing is unbreakable and i have heard many cases of them breaking so i think your a little off on that statement

RC Champion
    thanks Justin. They can in fact be broken. I've broken 3 mip stubs while using aka and traxxas 17mm adapters. MIP is aware of that and they recommend using their 17mm adapters. After using their adapters I haven't broken a stub. I have heard of a few cases of mip shafts breaking in two as well. I only went with mip's because they were immediately available for use with protrac arms. I did have bad luck with tekno's breaking two rear carriers and 4 bones, but the bones were replaced and they are in my slash 4x4 box for later use.

RC Champion
    I made progress on the buggy conversion and switching back to the ssc chassis. All I need to do is paint the body now and setup the suspension. I like how it turned out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    finished! I added 116mm rear shocks. for now, the only thing left is to get trce extended arms to replace the plastic protrac ones.

up travel
    Last edited by SLW-SVT; 10-15-2012 at 11:54 AM.

RC Champion
    Hey SLW-SVT, im looking to buy some D8s for my slash 4x4, what size do i need? Do i get all fronts or front and rears?

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...Flux-HP/Detail

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...Flux-HP/Detail

would these exactly what i would buy? or buy 2 sets of the fronts?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Champion
    sorry I missed your question..in case you haven't been told I followed this thread:
    http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/t...-tutorial.html

RC Champion
    but why did you add the bigger ones in the back?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    but why did you add the bigger ones in the back?
    . I belive so that you have more travel in the rear im pretty sure but idk..

RC Champion
    tbh I had ordered a regular rear pair but they were taking awhile to arrive so I took the rears off of my vorza since I had just stole the front and rear diffs for one of my emaxx's. The added bonus was more suspension travel. I think it looks more buggy like with the longer rear shocks. I really need to put some fuel tubing in to limit the travel and get softer springs. The last pic is of the max height.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    Well I made it home from working offshore and took some current pics. We are in the middle of moving so I might not make it to a track this time off. If I do, I will take vids of the wife driving this thing. I do have the Mamba Monster ESC and the 2400kv motor but it's not installed.

It looks like it can't figure out if it is an Associated SC10 4x4 or a Slash 4x4!!!!
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseSlash View Post
    It looks like it can't figure out if it is an Associated SC10 4x4 or a Slash 4x4!!!!
    their bodies are thicker and look better IMO than traxxas bodies. I need some slash 4x4 stickers!

RC Champion
    I am sure you have gotten this question alot, what wing and mount are you using on the above pictured buggy conversion. I have looked everywhere for a wing to go on my rustler truggy conversion, no luck.

RC Champion
    The wing and mount i used are from a Losi 8ight e. that may not work with the transmission on a 2wd rustler. I put a wing on my ex bandit (now grave digger). I used an HPI vorza wing mount and shaved off some of the bottom bracing to clear the transmission.

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Nice looking builds but a few of these photos have been photoshopped. Everyone knows that MIPs are rock solid and cant be broken no matter how hard you try. Dont believe me? Just ask the pro MIP/Tekno haters, they will confirm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rckid97 View Post
    nothing is unbreakable and i have heard many cases of them breaking so i think your a little off on that statement

Nice trucks btw!
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Competitor
    I was looking at old ssc chassis threads to see if the momba monster 2 fits and absolutely fell in love!!!! I had to bring this thread back to life. I've been debating on which adapters and I think you steered me to the MIPS!