Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Champion

Wife's Slash 4x4- SSC/MM/2400/Protrac

As some of you know, I'm fairly new to this hobby (look at join date) and in order to have more fun at the track I got my wife involved and bought her a Slash 4x4 even before I had one. Hers has gone through more changes than mine has in the past few months. Anyways it started out stock of course but the mods would quickly ensue. At first she was flipping it over so much that I bought a cage for it but that only made one outing to the track. I also fiberglassed her original body but I botched that up so I ordered the silver AmsOil body. I put the TRCE chassis on mine so I decided to go with the Slice 4x which turned out to be junk compared to the TRCE. I turned it into a backslash for awhile but I quickly got over that. After realizing that she should have something better than mine I ordered the Shining Star Chassis for it. What a game changer that has been! I liked it so much that I replaced the TRCE on mine with an SSC chassis. It had proline Powerstroke shocks for awhile but now it has Vorza shocks mounted behind the rear arms. Mip axles were also put on along with a Mamba Max Pro and 3800 4pole. The mamba max pro got burned up at the track on its first outing due to improper gearing on 3s. I replaced it with a Mamba Monster esc so I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. IT was only $15 more than a MMP. I kept the 3800 on it but it will be switch to a 2400. The 2400 currently has a broken shaft but a 5mm replacement shaft is waiting to go on. She broke 3 mip stubs while using aka and traxxas adapters so I ordered the MIP specific adapters and haven't had a problem since. The servo is a metal gear Hitec atm. I ordered the parts to convert the MIPs for use with the ProTrac kit and the protrac kit itself. I also got the beadlock protrac specific wheels. The body now is from an SC10 which is thicker than the traxxas one. I really haven't been interested in painting custom bodies yet. Another thing that is going on is FLM center diff aluminum case.

Anza Sl2sh Bandit EMBEx2 Tekno(Revo D8 D8T MBX6)

RC Champion

RC Champion

RC Champion

RC Champion

RC Champion

RC Champion

and that's it. I still need to install the lengthened MIPs and put the 2400 in and find new headlight stickers but I think I'm calling it good!

Wow! That is one heck of a build! So how much do you have invested onto this truck? I know it has to be a pretty penny. It looks like your lady puts this truck through its paces. Good job
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    Thanks. I have just as much fun wrenching as driving so it's been a blast for me. I really don't know how much has been spent (lol maybe I don't want to know) I would say at least 1600 including the original truck..she'd be ****ed if she knew lol. now I feel bad that I get around the track so easily in my Vorza...so I'm going to build her a buggy soon

RC Champion
    Completely sick. Looks so beautiful...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    Awesome looking set up!
    Slash 4x4
    E-Maxx

RC Champion
    Mamba monster with 3800?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Nice looking setups my friend. Hey sorry man been a busy day at work. I'll PM ya my info laterz!! I havent forgotten yet. LOL

Keep up the good work. I'd love to find someone to bash my trucks with, even if we could find a spot halfway.

Oh and if i'm free'd up from work this Friday thinking about heading to Katy. ( doubt it though a lot of work just hit ) Arhhh
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    Completely sick. Looks so beautiful...
    Thanks! I want my wife to have the best!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchaosx View Post
    Awesome looking set up!
    Thanks A lot of sleepless nights have gone into this build

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    Mamba monster with 3800?
    Kind of unorthodox huh?! It's getting the 2400 soon

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Nice looking setups my friend. Hey sorry man been a busy day at work. I'll PM ya my info laterz!! I havent forgotten yet. LOL

Keep up the good work. I'd love to find someone to bash my trucks with, even if we could find a spot halfway.

Oh and if i'm free'd up from work this Friday thinking about heading to Katy. ( doubt it though a lot of work just hit ) Arhhh
    I work from 1800-0600 on this boat so I Just woke up. I'll be home on June 27th and I hope to hit up at least Katy on Saturday and Ultimate RC in Alvin on Sunday. I'll be moving for those two weeks I'm home but hopefully I can bash a bit with you.

RC Champion
    please post pic's of WIFE lol

trucks great but need a comparison

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Champion
    haha! In my profile pic: http://www.facebook.com/Edward.Cullins

Im sorry, did u say u were NEW to this hobby? lol. YEAAA buddy! I LOVE it, and I LOVE ur Back Sl4sh... SO sick! What kinda body is that? Absolutly love it, Really cool on ur rear bumper too. IF u dye it black, itll look some sorta stock.

LOVE the SSC chassis also. Think thats what im gonna go with when I build a Sl4sh. (next build) absolutly great bro, and great pictures!

Btw... Love your mount, saw those and though about getting one myself. think im gonna for sure now!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Champion
    Yeah I'm new! I was at the Ford dealership getting an oil change on December 18, 2011 and saw the Traxxas Raptor F150 model and bought it! That was my first RC and I've fallen in love with this hobby since! The grey bumpers distinguish hers from mine since I have the black SSC with black bumpers. The body is from a team associated SC10. Thicker than traxxas bodies and it only requires flipping the front body mount.

I can't say it enough how much a highly recommend the SSC chassis! You will not regret it!

What mount are you talking about?

RC Racer
    Very nice, thanks for sharing! I always enjoy lots of pics of what people are building.

Not to derail, but I saw your cover photo on FB. I have a '11 lariat and love the stance on your f150! I thought about rear shackles to eliminate the rake, but I could never go that low.
    Sl4sh MM 2650kv
    Grave Digger Pede

RC Champion
    Thanks man I absolutely love that truck, I bet you feel the same way about yours? The truck is on bags at a medium height, I don't drive around like that! I'm not a fan of the stock rake so I say get the shackles!

What body was the buggy body? That was awesome.
    ERBE, 8ight, 8ight-t, b4,b44, scte, slash 4x4

RC Champion
    it was this: Proline Crowd Pleazer 2.0 EB4 3209-00 Clear Body

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    As some of you know, I'm fairly new to this hobby (look at join date) and in order to have more fun at the track I got my wife involved and bought her a Slash 4x4 even before I had one. Hers has gone through more changes than mine has in the past few months. Anyways it started out stock of course but the mods would quickly ensue. At first she was flipping it over so much that I bought a cage for it but that only made one outing to the track. I also fiberglassed her original body but I botched that up so I ordered the silver AmsOil body. I put the TRCE chassis on mine so I decided to go with the Slice 4x which turned out to be junk compared to the TRCE. I turned it into a backslash for awhile but I quickly got over that. After realizing that she should have something better than mine I ordered the Shining Star Chassis for it. What a game changer that has been! I liked it so much that I replaced the TRCE on mine with an SSC chassis. It had proline Powerstroke shocks for awhile but now it has Vorza shocks mounted behind the rear arms. Mip axles were also put on along with a Mamba Max Pro and 3800 4pole. The mamba max pro got burned up at the track on its first outing due to improper gearing on 3s. I replaced it with a Mamba Monster esc so I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. IT was only $15 more than a MMP. I kept the 3800 on it but it will be switch to a 2400. The 2400 currently has a broken shaft but a 5mm replacement shaft is waiting to go on. She broke 3 mip stubs while using aka and traxxas adapters so I ordered the MIP specific adapters and haven't had a problem since. The servo is a metal gear Hitec atm. I ordered the parts to convert the MIPs for use with the ProTrac kit and the protrac kit itself. I also got the beadlock protrac specific wheels. The body now is from an SC10 which is thicker than the traxxas one. I really haven't been interested in painting custom bodies yet. Another thing that is going on is FLM center diff aluminum case.

what 17mm adapters are those? I see you are running them with the MIPS?

RC Champion
    that's one of those experiences I had that I was trying to warn you about. AKA adapters on mips. That happened another time with aka's and another time with traxxas adapters. It hasn't happened since using MIP adapters.

RC Champion
    These are OLD pics from the other two times MiP axles broke while using traxxas adapters and aka adapters

Here's when I tried fiberglassing the body lol

and she also has a Lightning McQueen looking body with matching wheels

RC Champion
    I also tried these before going to MIPs. They are junk! I stripped the threads on two of the stubs just be tightening the wheel nut.

I absolutly LOVE this thread, and that black SSC chassis looks amazing. How u think itll fit a MMM and 2200kv? Thats what I got to go in next 4x4 build.

Btw.. Speaking of His and hers

Gotta love it right? I did the same with hers also, Couldnt have her breaking, and bein all lame. So build it as good as mine, minus the same elecs. Still Brushless + metal geared servo however.

RC Champion
    Her Chassis is grey! Here's mine that's black with the Mamba Monster and 2200 from an erbe. THe electronics box has to be mounted on the top brace but it has pre drilled holes for that.

Yeah I hate going to the track and having to work on her truck so I've tried to build it the best possible! I like your his and hers setup!
    Last edited by SLW-SVT; 06-15-2012 at 01:34 AM.

RC Champion
    Well I made it home from working offshore and took some current pics. We are in the middle of moving so I might not make it to a track this time off. If I do, I will take vids of the wife driving this thing. I do have the Mamba Monster ESC and the 2400kv motor but it's not installed.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Well Mr LJ. you and the wife have some awesome look'n trucks. You are really making me want one of those SSC LCG chassis. I might just have to break down and buy one....ughhhh!!

Oh and hit me up the next time you make it into town. When ya heading back out to Sea??
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Those are some seriously awesome trucks. I love the lightning mcqueen body.

RC Champion
    Thanks guy, I've been moving since I got home last wednesday. I got two more weeks off of work so I won't be going back until the 4th of July. I'll be gone for six weeks after that. I haven't charged a single battery since I've been home but hopefully the house will come a lot further next week so I can break away and bash. I'd like to finish my Slash 4x4 build soon.. I bought a T-Maxx off of a guy so that should be coming in next week. That'll be my first monster truck so I'm pretty excited. I'll shoot you a text next week Joshua to see what yuor schedule is like. I'd like to go to Katy next Saturday. Heck I'd like to go today but I have too much going on.

Thanks SLW.. We are very similar. In our build in such.. I have a MMM from Revo also with that color motor to go ina 4x4. Im for sure gonna pull the trigger on an SSC chassis. They have the black ones with Teflon Coating. Im guessing thats whats urs is right? Im gonna first hit 100mph on the Rustler for braggin rights Than she will go back to a 3S set-up,and itl find a perma home in the Slash 4x4.

Mine is the same way, if she knew how much I really spend, shed be like um babe? lol.. Gotta love it! Its side money anyways, thats been comin in and goes straight to the hobby. Shoot... Bill are getting paid right?!

Ur super lucky to live next to digg Him and I go back, but im in good ol Utah. Great state, but need a good basher buddy. The hobby is big here, and there are alot of hobby shops around, but still gotta find that person with the 'same" truck as mine. May I also suggest building a Stampede 2wd? Its such an AWESOME platform, and can turn into such a sick truck with the right stuff, with not nearly enough people know how to do. But good for u guys! That should be awesome, still am alittle jealous however

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    Well I made it home from working offshore and took some current pics. We are in the middle of moving so I might not make it to a track this time off. If I do, I will take vids of the wife driving this thing. I do have the Mamba Monster ESC and the 2400kv motor but it's not installed.

rear shocks backwards?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Thanks SLW.. We are very similar. In our build in such.. I have a MMM from Revo also with that color motor to go ina 4x4. Im for sure gonna pull the trigger on an SSC chassis. They have the black ones with Teflon Coating. Im guessing thats whats urs is right? Im gonna first hit 100mph on the Rustler for braggin rights Than she will go back to a 3S set-up,and itl find a perma home in the Slash 4x4.

Mine is the same way, if she knew how much I really spend, shed be like um babe? lol.. Gotta love it! Its side money anyways, thats been comin in and goes straight to the hobby. Shoot... Bill are getting paid right?!

Ur super lucky to live next to digg Him and I go back, but im in good ol Utah. Great state, but need a good basher buddy. The hobby is big here, and there are alot of hobby shops around, but still gotta find that person with the 'same" truck as mine. May I also suggest building a Stampede 2wd? Its such an AWESOME platform, and can turn into such a sick truck with the right stuff, with not nearly enough people know how to do. But good for u guys! That should be awesome, still am alittle jealous however
    I absolutely love the SSC chassis and I can't recommend it enough! Yeah mine has the teflon coating. 3s with the Revo setup? That may be disappointing. I haven't actually gotten my slash running with the MM yet but I know it's too slow in my Vorza. haha yeah the bills are getting paid! I just need to find the time to get together with digg. I've been so busy moving and trying to get the new house set up that I still haven't played with any of the cars I have a protrac bandit that I bought grave digger wheels and body for so it's kind of a lcg stampede...

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    rear shocks backwards?
    that's how buggy's are setup so I figure it can't hurt. my vorza:

RC Champion
    I was getting this truck ready for the track the other day and I noticed a problem with the Velineon system. When I press the throttle it sounds like it cogs a little bit but doesn't actually move forward or reverse.
    I went to take out the motor/esc and put the mamba monster and 2400 that was intended for it in. I stripped out two screws on the ssc chassis motor mount. I ended up switching back to the stock chassis so I could get the truck running for track day.
    I have a 5mm replacement shaft for the 2400 but lost one of the spacers so that's a no go. I put a 2200 in instead. I also put the flm center diff in it and it has a king headz motor mount

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SLW-SVT; 08-20-2012 at 08:23 PM.

RC Champion
    We've gone to the track a couple of times since the protrac kit was put on and even with the stock chassis she has reported that the truck drives so much better and that it's easier to drive. I will be putting everything back on the ssc chassis when I get home from work in two weeks.