Thread: Mini E-maxx?

RC Competitor

Mini E-maxx?

Hey guys, a recent thread got me thinking about a mini E-Maxx. I was wondering what it would take to actually make/fabricate one of these things. I know it's possible to run 2 brushed motors via one esc, but is it possible to run two brushless motors from one esc? I am currently running the SV2. Is there an adapter for two motors or would I have to make my own? Is it even possible with brushless, other than getting two esc's? I'm pretty sure I could to it with two brushed motors, but in my mind it would be a shame not to run brushless power in a mini E-maxx. Any input or experience would be welcome!!
    Start with a stick pack and work your way up, kid

RC Qualifier
    I've got a big emaxx that has two velineon motors (v twin)But I use two esc

RC Qualifier
    just use one brushless motor like the 1/10 e-maxx brushless edition has (the one with the castle momba monster)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    a single brushless motor like jj mentioned will be better, faster, easier to build.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i vote for a single motor set-up.

not suitable for 1/16 platform though, but it would be a killer if you can be able to mount it to one, LOL.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Competitor
    Does anyone know if it's even possible to run 2 brushless motors from one esc. I am really kinda leaning towards this set-up, plus I don't think it would be possible to even fit 2 esc's and 2 motors on the truck. I've heard of people running 2 brushless motors from a single esc, but they always seem to have problems......maybe a custom 775 mount would be easier....
    Start with a stick pack and work your way up, kid