RC Competitor

stripped pinion from factory?

So today i was doing some maintenance on my pede and slash since we just got done moving. Everything went fine with the pede, but the slash is another thing. It seemed every nut and bolt were torqued twice what they should've been. I was going to change my spur and pinion but that didnt work. the 3 screws on the spur were extremely tight. I had to use my brother to hold it still while i practically used all my might to unscrew it. I heard a loud pop and thought it broke, but luckily it was just it comming out(happened with all 3). So that was changed easily after. But when i went to change the pinion, I noticed the screw looked odd to me. I cant get any of my allens to bite on it. I was wndering if anyone else has had this problem out of the box? Guess ill have to use a drill or something

RC Qualifier
    Good luck hope u got the right bit, I had to use vise grip pliers and a grinder to get mine off . Be careful while drilling , those bits are so small they can break and slip and u might hurt yourself like me, so I used the grinder.
    Traxxas Slash 2wd and Thunder Tiger Tomahawk Vx

RC Qualifier
    My buddy has a 4x4, and we couldnt get the mount plate off the motor. One was tight and the other one just stripped out, just torqued down too much from the factory.

RC Racer
    Ive had problems with the hardware also. Ive used top brand snap on allen wrenches and still they round out or the wrench just doesn't fit tight. Its like 1 of every 3 bolts ends up being replaced because I'm afraid the next time I wont get lucky removing it.

RC Competitor
    it's off
    dont want to do it again.

RC poster
    Next time you strip a grub screw and the allen wrench won't work, use a torx (star shaped) wrench. It has worked for me every time without fail. I spent half a day trying to get the screw out with pliers, once i stuck a torx in there it was out in 2 seconds.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryJG View Post
    Next time you strip a grub screw and the allen wrench won't work, use a torx (star shaped) wrench. It has worked for me every time without fail. I spent half a day trying to get the screw out with pliers, once i stuck a torx in there it was out in 2 seconds.
    everything i had was to big, lol. 10min with the dremel and it slid right off, and i didnt even damage the shaft or anything

anyone try ezouts? they are made for this...
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...