RC poster

Cool HELP WITH PAINTING (for the wife)

Ok , I just bought a spartan to take to the lake with us when we go boating and now my wife either complains because of it BUT she said if I can get her a pink one she would use it with me at the lake. I hate buying a new one and painting it pink but really don't have a choice lol, has anyone painting a new one? What kind of prep do I need to do? And what type of paint?

RC Qualifier
    prep it with a scotch brite pad and paint it that is all that is needed
    MINE ARE FASTER THAN GPS!!!

RC Qualifier
    Lots of spartan owners use Krylon spray paint, it is compatible with plastics, and those that have used it say it works well.
    Hog

RC poster
    Thanks, what about a clear coat

RC Racer
    You paint it on the inside that way from out it looks cleared and when you flip or crash it the paint doesn't scratch. Use krylon fusion spray paint. Fusion bonds to the plastic and has less chance of flaking. Prep with scotbrite and alcohol and tape off any stripes or graphics and spray them first then remove tape and spray the final colors.

RC Qualifier
    You paint it on the inside that way from out it looks cleared and when you flip or crash it the paint doesn't scratch. Use krylon fusion spray paint. Fusion bonds to the plastic and has less chance of flaking. Prep with scotbrite and alcohol and tape off any stripes or graphics and spray them first then remove tape and spray the final colors.
    do u even have a clue what a spartan looks like
    MINE ARE FASTER THAN GPS!!!

RC poster
    you can't paint it on the inside it's a boat not the clear thin plastic on rc cars and trucks

RC Qualifier
    Add to all the above that water does not scratch the boat!!!!!!! As for the pink my wife always says that real men are not afraid to wear pink. Lets see the pics of the pink boat when you are done.

RC poster
    Alright so I went with the proboat mystic I picked one up without the receiver for 309.00. it is not a spartan but for the wife it wilwork, it also has a fiberglass composite hull and it's all white with a few decals so it easy to cover w/o painting. I decided to do a wrap. My wife's name is Summer so I have decided to call it The Summernator or Summernator, which will be in the graphic somewhere. Im open to any Ideas anyone has for a pink color scheme. I know she wants one with mostly hot pink but I will prob keep some of the white and also add some black. What do you guys think?

RC Racer
    My bad. I thought I was in a different forum. No I have no clue what a spartan looks like. But I do know about painting. I worked in auto body paint for 7 years as a painter and minor body repairman. Sorry to give you the wrong advice on your boat.