RC Racer

Need help with off road traxxas slash gearing

I just started racing off road on a local indoor pure red clay hard packed track. I am having traction problems,I am running JCONCEPT Barcodes Green soft compound. Every one else is running Barcodes and doing fine. Yet I still have traction probs. Slipper adjustment does not help,shouls I use another spur pinion combination other than 86/19? I am running Castle Side winder and 7.4 30c lipos, any help would be great. THANK YOU BTW My Slash is 2wd.
    Last edited by slash4x4jockey; 06-03-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    You are not on fire RICKY BOBBY!!!

RC Qualifier
    I use 50 w in the front and 60 w in the rear shocks.
    Traxxas Slash 2wd and Thunder Tiger Tomahawk Vx

Try moving the shocks to the outer holes... the farest ones out for the rear shocks, it helps it give it a "firmer' and more soild grip to the tires, and 50 wt shock oil like vchiroins said will help too! Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Are you having traction "grip" problems or are you "spinning/wheel slip? And what motor are you using?

J Consepts also makes a super soft compound as well, are the other guys using the same compound as you?

I run the same gearing you have mentioned and also 19/90 but I have a Castle Sidewinder (SV2) 5700 kv 4 pole motor.
    Last edited by orca44; 06-05-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis