RC poster

Cracked fuel bottle

Hey all,

The fuel bottle that came with my Slayer cracked on the #4 line after only the 2nd time using it. I didn't do anything unusual to it, just squeezing it to draw in fuel and dispensing it into the vehicle.

What are you guys using for a fuel bottle if not using the Traxxas one?

-=gos=-

RC Qualifier
    If the truck is new I would give traxxas a call, in theory they should send you a new one under warranty. Or you can just pick one up at your LHS.
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

I just use the one that came with the slayer it's been like almost 4 years now. yes give Traxxas a call.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

the original bottle i got with my slayer cracked up at the seam on the neck the first time i went to use it. Bought a new TRX bottle at the LHS and never had issues after that.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    I've got an empty clear bottle that had blue chalk line chalk in it with a piece of clear tubing off the end and also have a traxxas fuel bottle bought off eBay for $2.99 free shipping that I've never had a problem with.

My fuel bottle craked and gave up the ghost after 4 uses. I was really disapointed at first, but now I just use a 1 quart fuel bottle with the old fuel bottle's top and spout on the quart bottle. Works great for me, plus you can tell after you've gone through a quart of fuel!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by goslin23 View Post
    Hey all,

The fuel bottle that came with my Slayer cracked on the #4 line after only the 2nd time using it. I didn't do anything unusual to it, just squeezing it to draw in fuel and dispensing it into the vehicle.

What are you guys using for a fuel bottle if not using the Traxxas one?

-=gos=-
    I had the same problem after only about 8 uses, I use a bottle from Proline and have been for 4 years.
    It's never given me a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    My fuel bottle craked and gave up the ghost after 4 uses. I was really disapointed at first, but now I just use a 1 quart fuel bottle with the old fuel bottle's top and spout on the quart bottle. Works great for me, plus you can tell after you've gone through a quart of fuel!
    Hey whatever works haha.
    Last edited by Double G; 06-03-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: merge
    Matthew 7:7

RC poster
    Thanks for all the replies all. Traxxas is sending me a new one as a replacement. I will take it easy on it and hopefully it will last.

I use a duratrax brand bottle for a while and it ended up cracking as well. Pretty much it's not too much in how you use it but what type of plastic the bottle itself is made of. The methanol in nitro fuel is very harsh on plastics making them brittle and they eventually crack or split.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    Pretty much it's not too much in how you use it but what type of plastic the bottle itself is made of. The methanol in nitro fuel is very harsh on plastics making them brittle and they eventually crack or split.
    Yes I agree, I think the Traxxas bottles are not quite as of high quality as Proline's, but I can't make that assumption without proof and all I have is that my proline bottle has lasted 4 years and I'm still using it.
    Matthew 7:7

Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    I use a duratrax brand bottle for a while and it ended up cracking as well. Pretty much it's not too much in how you use it but what type of plastic the bottle itself is made of. The methanol in nitro fuel is very harsh on plastics making them brittle and they eventually crack or split.
    Seems they all split at the seam of the plastic, Multiple brands. My Duratrax bottle has held up 3 years so far, Proline bottle 4 years.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous