RC Competitor

Slayer conversion

So I got a E-Revo yesterday in a trade. It's a dual brushed motor setup and I plan to convert it to the slayer because I can't stand the revo (but really like the slayer. Figure that one out) any body have a parts list run down for all the parts needed to do the conversion and a rough estimate of cost including sway bars and center diff kit. Pretty much everything needed to build a slayer for racing.

Thanks for the help guys
    Blue504life

RC Qualifier
    Only things i am certain you will need are:
    Slayer arms
    Slayer wheels and tires
    Shorter drive shafts
    Body
    Probably different body mounts

I dont have a price list up, i have priced it out before and decided not to go that way as i already have a slash.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    There are a few conversions like this in the slayer section.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5168868
    Last edited by bentrocker; 06-01-2012 at 12:33 PM.

RC Competitor
    Thanks guy but it really doesnt tell me what I'm looking for. I need mainly part numbers simply because I don't feel like searching the book while I'm at my LHS today. I have 2 slayer pros already but I'm not taking those apart for this conversion. I did search threw a few threads but none really told me what I wanted to know.

RC Champion
    Well it seems to me you answered your own question . Everything you need is in the parts exploded view.

RC Competitor
    Yes they are but if I dont have a list before I go in and try to call from the book the wrong parts get ordered. I'm dyslexic so the numbers get turned around sometimes. Happens to me alot. Tried to order linkage parts ended up with a sticker sheet. With a list I hand it to the shop owner and a few day later I have my parts.

RC Champion
    What do you plan to run for tires and wheels ? I am using cut down revo axles and 17mm hexes. I use 17mm sc wheels and buggy wheels and tires. You will not need new body mounts.

RC Competitor
    It will be running stock gen 1 slayer wheels $10 for the full set of rims how can I pass that up

RC Champion
    just print off the exploded views and take them in with you....seems like you dont want to do any of the work for your project.....tisk tisk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    just print off the exploded views and take them in with you....seems like you dont want to do any of the work for your project.....tisk tisk
    Yeah I really don't want to do the number work for this one. 2 slayers, 2 tmaxxs, 2 slash 4x4, 2wd slash, Nstampede, Nsport, Nrustler, Nhawk resto, stretched Nrustler project, and DESC410R. I've got a lot of things to maintain and remember what's broke on what. I got all the arms and push rods, need rockers, steering rods, rear end rods and wheels hexes and it will be buttoned up

RC Qualifier
    Here is an easy internet search for you:
    1.Slayer arms-5931x and 5133x- About 21 bucks
    2. Slayer turnbuckles/pushrods-5938 and 5939- about 13 bucks
    3. Body mounts- same as erevo
    4. bumpers-5935 and 5936- about 15 bucks
    5. Wheels and tires- about 10 bucks like you said
    6. side bumpers- about 5 bucks
    7. slayer body- about 40 bucks
    8.Center diff-5614- about 30 bucks
    9.sway bars-5498- about 30 bucks
    10. axles-about 30 bucks

RC Competitor
    I built a slayer, slayer and a revo killer out of a revo. And now its killing me! Well, my wallet any how. It's a lot of fun but power breaks stuff and getting past that is what I'm working on now. Oh ya! It's 1/5 scale!!!