Thread: ESC Questions

RC Enthusiast

ESC Questions

Im thinking of either a ******* or seaking 180a with the leporad motor. I have been doing research and I want to no about the timing, how do you set it and where is a start point and how agressive can you get? And another thing that I was wondering is the low volt cut off, will it still have juice to get it back like how it is stock or will it just stop working.

RC Qualifier
    The ESC still provides reduced power for recovery after lvc.

Timing advance depends on the wind type of the motor. Wye (Y) wind motors can be run at higher timing advances. Delta (D) wind motors run best at low timing advance (generally below 3 advised) Delta wind motors can be damaged running too high timing advance.

I have run my Y wind motors between 0 and 15 degrees and noticed very little difference in performance. The ESC automatically controls timing advance, the timing advance set point, more or less, just determines the starting point for the ESC to work with.

If you get a *******/seaking ESC spend the extra $6 and get the programming card, it makes programming simple.

Hog

RC Qualifier
    The seaking 180 timing is set at 15 degrees and that is where I have been running it with my leopard 4082 1600kv motors.I set the low voltage cut-off at 2.8 volts per cell. The default setting of 3.2 volts was to high and I was not getting full use of the battery packs.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys!!